Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can you plot a route, save it and re-use ?

If you use the new mission planner tool from Autel Explorer. You can repeat the fly over and over again.

I need to repeat around 8 different types of shot, partly some orbits, some close ups and dolly type shots. Need the same start and end to each one.

Mission doesn't cut it
I thought their mission tool in the explorer allow to do customize missions to your needs. I never use the explorer app... I fly only with the remote controller.

I also was hoping for the same function. When I had my Typhoon H I tried to fly the same route 8-10 times a year.
I was going to make a time lapsed video loop of our area fading each segment into the different seasons.It never came out like I wanted it to.

Reactions: danmleephoto
I also was hoping for the same function. When I had my Typhoon H I tried to fly the same route 8-10 times a year.
I was going to make a time lapsed video loop of our area fading each segment into the different seasons.It never came out like I wanted it to.

Right I have a job come in for the next year where I have to produce the same video every two weeks. Going to be a right ball ache.

The only choice I see for you is to do a Waypoint mission and save it. At least you will have the same track over and over again. As for taking orbits, some close ups and dolly type shots you could create small Waypoint missions with one or two Waypoints so you are in the same spot each time. Might be kind of confusing at first but once you do it a few times it should work out for you.

Right I have a job come in for the next year where I have to produce the same video every two weeks. Going to be a right ball ache.
I echo your feeling as well. Even with waypoints, you can't gradually change altitudes while moving from one point to another. Also, the corners on the waypoints are too sharp. The "dolly mode" idea would be so amazing. Just to be able to fly and then have that exact flight path, yaw, gimbal movement, etc., all be recorded and re-done at another time ....well, that's just a dream at this point.

The only choice I see for you is to do a Waypoint mission and save it. At least you will have the same track over and over again. As for taking orbits, some close ups and dolly type shots you could create small Waypoint missions with one or two Waypoints so you are in the same spot each time. Might be kind of confusing at first but once you do it a few times it should work out for you.
Unfortunately, Autel waypoints can never be set below your launch point. They are required to be 33 feet above it at a minimum. The earth isn't flat, and the best launch locations for VLOS and LOS are from elevated areas above the surrounding terrain. Litchi is one of the few apps which recognize this, but they don't currently support the EVO.

Where did the OP say he needed a negative Altitude? I must have missed that. If he does why don't you guys try some testing like our members did in the Parrot forums to get a negative Alt with the Anafi. This probably will only work with Android systems.
Your Waypoints are written to a file that can be opened with a text editor. The Alt. is written in meters. Try using a negative number at a location below your launch site. It works perfectly with the Anafi waypoint mission planner and just might work for the EVO.

20190803_073117_rmscr.jpg

In this example the Alt. is written as "Altitude":6o.0 for the Autel Evo.

{"waypointsVersion":2,"data":{"NumberOfWaypoints":4,"ObstacleAvoidanceMode":0,"FinishAction":1,"Waypoints":[{"waypointIndex":1,"Latitude":48.4038681,"Longitude":-89.6099079,"Altitude":60.0,"Speed":4.9,"HeadingMode":1,"UserdefinedHeading":0},{"waypointIndex":2,"Latitude":48.404125,"Longitude":-89.60864819999999,"Altitude":60.0,"Speed":4.9,"HeadingMode":1,"UserdefinedHeading":0},{"waypointIndex":3,"Latitude":48.4048163,"Longitude":-89.6094653,"Altitude":60.0,"Speed":4.9,"HeadingMode":1,"UserdefinedHeading":0},{"waypointIndex":4,"Latitude":48.404388999999995,"Longitude":-89.6099035,"Altitude":6o.0,"Speed":4.9,"HeadingMode":1,"UserdefinedHeading":0}]}}

I have used this method to stack multiple waypoints on top of each other to take photos in the same spot put at different Alt. with my Anafi.

One of the pitfalls of purchasing a Craft from a smaller company is that they do not sell many units.
DroneLink ( www.dronelink.com )is a new program that will do amazing missions (IMO).
Problem for us is that they are marketing the larger percentage of drone buyers,
which is DJI, and it is not cost effective to develop a program for a smaller amount of users.
But there is always Hope !

With the new mission options in Explorer app, you can save up your waypoint missions. Sadly such option is for the iOS only, so we cannot change the values to negative. I will try it when the Android version does come out.

If you are doing an orbit, as long as you know what you are orbitting and the parameters used to do said orbit, you can recreate it quite easily. Since you have to hover over your target to initiate orbit mode.

With the new mission options in Explorer app, you can save up your waypoint missions. Sadly such option is for the iOS only, so we cannot change the values to negative. I will try it when the Android version does come out.

If you are doing an orbit, as long as you know what you are orbitting and the parameters used to do said orbit, you can recreate it quite easily. Since you have to hover over your target to initiate orbit mode.
Sorry, I am confused about what you said about saving waypoint missions only on iOS. I thought I saw that option on my Android phone.

Although I'm generally happy with my EVO the mission planner has been a big disappointment. No spline corners (smooth), no circle, no gradual altitude change, no camera trigger, no region of interest (camera direction) etc. Even new the mapping grid is crippled because you can only do rectangles and camera control is poor. Please, please Autel if you are reading this, make mission planner useful or get together with 3rd party aps. I fear that the EVO is at the end of its development cycle and no more effort will be put in.

Reactions: 399AGL
I admit to never have tried the original waypoint system. They added it on the mission planner. From what I saw, it is a more advanced version of the original, that alllows you to pre plan and save.
C967F2F1-E37C-48B3-B7DE-69EF222254A3.png7E48E901-D85D-4E87-B350-1D8746586477.png

The original Waypoint system, you have to be on site to apply them.
2E0B58BC-4864-456A-9A18-F0F6D7123F62.png

Edit: Tinkering with it some more, I see they basically do the same thing. I don't know what is the point of adding it on mission planner.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kestrel