Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Can Someone give me an Autel update?

Flipkal

Reaction score
Hi. I've been enjoying my EVO for the past 3 or so years, and just recently came back here to check out the new series....and wow, it looks like Autel is no longer the little 'mom and pop' from Washington USA. Has something changed? I'd appreciate it in a nutshell. Thanks!!!

Hi. I've been enjoying my EVO for the past 3 or so years, and just recently came back here to check out the new series....and wow, it looks like Autel is no longer the little 'mom and pop' from Washington USA. Has something changed? I'd appreciate it in a nutshell. Thanks!!!
What is changed?
Until they fix Autel Explorer, still is like a 3 legs dog....Is like you have a supersonic plane but the pilot is knowing only "parachute mode"...

I bought an Evo 2 Pro V2 for photogrammetry and its flying missions weekly. The PIX4D engineer says the images are stunning compared to the DJI P4P he used previously. Especially the ones mapped where the DJI wouldn't take off due to geo-fencing. LOL

Been flying it for a month and haven't wanted to do anything the APP would not do. YMMV

"Autel" was never "Autel".
Autel was never a "mom and pop" anything.

"Autel" has always been a USA based subidiary of Autel China, maker of automotive diagnostic tools.

Autel USA is: www.auteldrones.com
Autel Robotics China (drone division and parent to Autel USA) is: www.autelrobotics.com
Autel China (parent to Autel Robotics China drone division) is www.autel.com

The physical presense of Autel USA is in Bellingham Washington, and they are owned and work for Autel Robotics China.

They started small as an offshoot of the existing company and are investing more and more in their products in an effort to compete with DJI and other Drone manufactures in the US market.

As for the explorer app. Yea, it's not great, but it's not the worst either, and the new drones Nano, and lite, and perhaps Evo III will have a new app.

It remains to be seen if they've invested more in software as well as hardware. I hope so.

A new CEO is what happened. He even worked for DJI for a while, also FLIR.

"Autel" was never "Autel".
Autel was never a "mom and pop" anything.

"Autel" has always been a USA based subidiary of Autel China, maker of automotive diagnostic tools.

Autel USA is: www.auteldrones.com
Autel Robotics China (drone division and parent to Autel USA) is: www.autelrobotics.com
Autel China (parent to Autel Robotics China drone division) is www.autel.com

The physical presense of Autel USA is in Bellingham Washington, and they are owned and work for Autel Robotics China.

They started small as an offshoot of the existing company and are investing more and more in their products in an effort to compete with DJI and other Drone manufactures in the US market.

As for the explorer app. Yea, it's not great, but it's not the worst either, and the new drones Nano, and lite, and perhaps Evo III will have a new app.

It remains to be seen if they've invested more in software as well as hardware. I hope so.
So if an EVO II by "Autel China" is on ebay, it's the same as what's sold in the US?

pretty good sale price if it included the controller. no way to know, though.

the thing about ebay these days - the seller is always right, sellers have no recourse if a buyer claims they didn‘t get what was described, or isn’t happy with the sale. Sellers can get their money back quite easily, and the seller is left holding the bag and may not get their item back (seller beware)

pretty good sale price if it included the controller. no way to know, though.

the thing about ebay these days - the seller is always right, sellers have no recourse if a buyer claims they didn‘t get what was described, or isn’t happy with the sale. Sellers can get their money back quite easily, and the seller is left holding the bag and may not get their item back (seller beware)
You might want to rewrite that

I bought an Evo 2 Pro V2 for photogrammetry and its flying missions weekly. The PIX4D engineer says the images are stunning compared to the DJI P4P he used previously. Especially the ones mapped where the DJI wouldn't take off due to geo-fencing. LOL

Been flying it for a month and haven't wanted to do anything the APP would not do. YMMV
Ever do panoramas with the EVO pano function?

What is changed?
Until they fix Autel Explorer, still is like a 3 legs dog....Is like you have a supersonic plane but the pilot is knowing only "parachute mode"...
Can you expand on this

"Until they fix Autel Explorer, still is like a 3 legs dog....Is like you have a supersonic plane but the pilot is knowing only "parachute mode"..."

Can you expand on this

"Until they fix Autel Explorer, still is like a 3 legs dog....Is like you have a supersonic plane but the pilot is knowing only "parachute mode"..."
Autel Explorer Bugs.
Even now is not working in LOG:
Contrast -1 : does nothing on Android.
Saturation -1 in 6K : dows nothing on Android.
The controls are better but must be improved.
The processing of Panorama is a joke, is living you blind.
Some Orbit modes are not keeping the center.

The drone is better than Mavic 3 in my opinion, but they screwed up the app.

Reactions: luismartinez
T
Autel Explorer Bugs.
Even now is not working in LOG:
Contrast -1 : does nothing on Android.
Saturation -1 in 6K : dows nothing on Android.
The controls are better but must be improved.
The processing of Panorama is a joke, is living you blind.
Some Orbit modes are not keeping the center.

The drone is better than Mavic 3 in my opinion, but they screwed up the app.
Thanks, much better.

Ever do panoramas with the EVO pano function?
The Panorama feature is pretty much useless.... stitches photos together poorly with visible mismatched seams. Plus the EVO 2 processes them in flight with the camera off, leaving you with a drone in motionless hover with a black screen for 3-4 minutes..... and this is not an exaggeration. Its dangerous and a complete failure that needs to be fixed.

Reactions: Ronski
The Panorama feature is pretty much useless.... stitches photos together poorly with visible mismatched seams. Plus the EVO 2 processes them in flight with the camera off, leaving you with a drone in motionless hover with a black screen for 3-4 minutes..... and this is not an exaggeration. Its dangerous and a complete failure that needs to be fixed.
Amazing. What a train wreck. A lesson they could learn from DJI's pano function.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials