Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Camera resets as soon as it touches down????

SilverDragon

Reaction score
Problem: The drones camera resets on its own. I noticed it only does it when the camera is at a 90 degree tilt. It does not do it at every touch down. It has not done it in flight, but not to say it won't one day or when the camera is at a 0 tilt. This drone is a New Open Box trade with Autel, the one traded did not have this issue going on just a bunch of other faulty issues..

Things done already. Updated to the latest firmware update, performed a Auto-Calibrate camera gimbal.

Crashes: None...

Does anyone else running an EVO have this issue???

There is a few posts about that in the forum. Autel says its normal. Has something to do with that new boat mode from what I remember.

Yes. There are various members (including myself) who have the same "problem". Just land with gimbal in 0° and you will forget about it.

You know, I had that exact thought...Boat Mode ......from what I understand Autel altered the sensitivity in the Giimbal and something else I forget, so I thought that had something to do with it but I had to ask. I ran a search before posting but nothing came up.

You know, I had that exact thought...Boat Mode ......from what I understand Autel altered the sensitivity in the Giimbal and something else I forget, so I thought that had something to do with it but I had to ask. I ran a search before posting but nothing came up.

I would assume that the new sensitivity & tolerance parameters are only viable when Boat Mode is actually selected and running. Any other time the original control parameters and sensitivities should be in play.

By 'resetting' are you meaning the camera point of view changes from looking straight down to moving back to horizontal upon landing? Personally if I was one of the programmers, I would have made that a mandatory function to return to 0° at 3 feet or lower since 1) there is no value in seeing the last 3 feet of the landing even for video and 2) its a logical protection feature to prevent flying debris, moisture, and mud from contacting the lens or having an object on the ground strike the lens or cause damage to the gimbal if you have a rough landing surface.

Reactions: Birddog0
Yes, but only after the gimbal does the start up dance. I had a video up, but deleted it on the last thread. It didn't do this in previous firmwares, so we weren't used to seeing it. I hand catch now almost all the time, so I forgot about it until yesterday.

I would assume that the new sensitivity & tolerance parameters are only viable when Boat Mode is actually selected and running. Any other time the original control parameters and sensitivities should be in play.

By 'resetting' are you meaning the camera point of view changes from looking straight down to moving back to horizontal upon landing? Personally if I was one of the programmers, I would have made that a mandatory function to return to 0° at 3 feet or lower since 1) there is no value in seeing the last 3 feet of the landing even for video and 2) its a logical protection feature to prevent flying debris, moisture, and mud from contacting the lens or having an object on the ground strike the lens or cause damage to the gimbal if you have a rough landing surface.
What I mean is the camera does the calibration thing as if the craft first starts up. The entire camera left to right up and down and twist thing. I dont know the actual term, calibrating, resetting???

What I mean is the camera does the calibration thing as if the craft first starts up. The entire camera left to right up and down and twist thing. I dont know the actual term, calibrating, resetting???

I'll watch for that the next time I'm landing on a clean surface to see if its repeatable in my drone or just an isolated random occurrence in some drones. Thanks. If its doing the 'honey bee' wiggle its calibrating.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adunsky