Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Camera Light n Dark ? Terrible

Harleymhs

Reaction score
2nd Flight Yesterday... Very disappointed in this camera... Wasnt a GREAT SUNNY DAY it was an hour before sunset and the photos were either DARK or BRIGHT or OK.... The day before was BRIGHT AND SUNNY and photos were PERFECT! Cam settings were not touched.. I guess the camera on the Evo is very sensitive to light... Anyone else see this?

MAX_0090.JPGMAX_0091.JPGMAX_0090.JPGMAX_0088.JPGMAX_0087.JPG
MAX_0091.JPG

Are you running camera in auto or manual, if in manual of course the results are going to be different from sunny to not so sunny or different times of day. If you are in auto there could be an issue with the camera. I haven't run into anyissues of exposure

you might need to contact Autel, that is not normal, my camera transitions smoothly from light to dark, however I only let it go in auto the first time I flew it as I just wanted to familiarize myself with the bird, then it's been in manual except for the ISO

Last edited:
OK just a old guy still using the X-Star but I assume the EVO has the option for adjusting the EV still with the wheel or in the App? If so you need to play with it as your lighting changes depending on where you are facing the camera. You can also lock the White Balance to where it looks good so when you change direction your white balance stays the same.

What are we looking at here? The "light" and "dark" versions of these photos look like two different treatments of the same image.

Reactions: San2C
Are you saying these were recorded on different days?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy