Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Camera Comparison Evo vs X-Star Premium. CAMERA SHOOTOUT

Flytechguy

Reaction score

Check out the X-star Premium vs the Evo. Some surprising results from two Amazing drones let me know what you guys think!

The X-Star was over exposed a tad. Could have tweeked it with the EV wheel on the side of the controller. The colors where close but because the X-Star was over exposed it was hard to say one way or the other.

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
The X-Star was over exposed a tad. Could have tweeked it with the EV wheel on the side of the controller. The colors where close but because the X-Star was over exposed it was hard to say one way or the other.

Yes it was over exposed, didn't want to tweak though just went full auto with cameras. I love the Evo though, so stable fluid and natural colors.

To be brutally honest, I would have adjusted the XSP’s settings as soon as I saw the overexposed image, so I’m not sure about the validity of the test. Perhaps the EVO’s auto SW setting is more accurate—it should be, it’s 2 years newer. As for stability, I saw little significant difference.

I’d much rather see a comparison of both at their very best, processed/finalized output.

Reactions: Ansia
To be brutally honest, I would have adjusted the XSP’s settings as soon as I saw the overexposed image, so I’m not sure about the validity of the test. Perhaps the EVO’s auto SW setting is more accurate—it should be, it’s 2 years newer. As for stability, I saw little significant difference.

I’d much rather see a comparison of both at their very best, processed/finalized output.

Thanks for the input, and I would have as well changed the exposure as soon as that happened but just wanted to go fully auto. But I will make a best quality video next go around! Thanks for feedback

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
Sorry but in that review I did not see all that much difference other then the over exposed X-Star

And hey that's why I did it for the viewers, if there was no difference now they know that maybe they don't need to buy the Evo! It is your guys opinions, Thanks for the feedback!

My suggestion is redoing it with the white balance locked so they both look good to you and then compare the two. We already know the EVO has a different FOV and some prefer it over the X-Star but to me I can take either one. Franlac had a good comparison video out a while ago. You should be able to find it in the Photo\Video section.

I just remembered why the exposure was so high because I knew that I would've changed it if I saw it! I was flying the birds blind so there was no way to see what I was actually capture. Surprisingly I have had to do this on a couple different occasions so this is the true auto test lol. I forgot to add that in the video but I did add it in the comments! Sorry for that.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo