Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Calling all Pilots

Ansia

Reaction score
Hello All,

I am thinking to do a joint venture with as many of you as possible. What I want to do with you guys is a video with the best footage from all of the people that are interested. I would also like to know who is interested in editing the video for the final product (I would do it myself, but I suck really bad at editing). If more than 1 person is interested in editing, we can make various versions and take it to a vote for the final product. I would also like to know if any of you have a Vimeo account where we can post the video. Youtube's compression sucks and will ruin our video.

I am thinking of using the first part of the song below up to 3:03, so you know how to focus your footage and visualize how it will look going along this song.

This song is part of my favorite video game of all time.

Anyways, what I require from those interested:

1. The drone doesn't need to be an Autel, but preferred.

2. The video must be 4K30 (3840 x 2160) so the X-Star or other drones that may be used.

3. Must provide your raw footage by the 22nd of August via a Dropbox, Onedrive, Google Drive, or equivalent link.

4. For those who wish to help me edit, I would like the final product to be released on August 31 and remember that it needs to be 4k30.

I'm visualizing gathering all of this footage and telling a story through the footage. I will leave it to the editor's to implement this idea. If you feel that 3 minutes is to short to achieve this, we can consider the rest of the song or change to another song. What I do want is a song that impacts the audience as they watch the video.

To those that are interested, please reply below at or before August 8th. I spoke with the owner of all of the Dronepilots forums and this video will be posted in all of them. I want to show all other pilots how Autelpilots is the best community out there.

Hope to hear from you soon!

I am interested, I have final cut pro and have a lot of videos in my YouTube channel.

Reactions: Ansia
Nice idea. Is there a theme you would like to go with?
In all reality, I only thought on the song I want to use. Since it will be a team effort, I was thinking of doing a brainstorming and choose by vote. What I do have in mind is telling a story through the footage. An example: Timmy the drone decided to fly through the world. He went to beautiful canyons and played around cactuses, then decided to get a sun tan at the beach, later went and took a low fly by and see the rhine river bridges, etc etc. The story will develop, depending on what footage we gather.

What I do know that since the song is a strong song filled with emotions, we will have to take that into consideration. The ending of the 3:05 part of the song is rather soft, so a happy ending can be used.

I am interested, I have final cut pro and have a lot of videos in my YouTube channel.
As the editor, you will have to choose the order of sequence. I can help yoy write the story with that order. You do have to keep in mind to place the video with the song. Since the song starts low and quickly goes into a high, we can use that part as the drone waiting for takeoff and as soon as the song picks up, do a dramatic takeoff. By the end of the song, I would like to end with the drone landing, "exhausted".

These are just my ideas. We can change and work around anything. We are still in the drawing board. We have until the 22nd to polish this out.

@macoman if you feel a week is to short a time to edit it, we can work with that as well. My final goal us to make a video everyone will enjoy. I spoke with the owner of these forums, it will be posted in all the dronepilot community and many pilots from different brands will get to see it. Hopefully we will create a trend and get to see many enjoyable videos.

Reactions: macoman
I also do video and edit my own for YouTube and have a Vimeo account. Do you have the rights from the copyright holder to use the song in this way?
I am currently waiting for a reply from Square Enix on that. Like I said on my previous post, it does not need to be this specific song. I just chose it, because I liked it.

Je suis tout a fait d'accord pour participer a votre projet, mais j'ai tellement de vidéo que je ne sais lesquelles vous envoyer.
Si vous voulez voir sur ma chaine youtube, si un vidéo vous plait plus qu'une autre .
Par contre je trouve la musique vraiment trop triste, pour mette sur une vidéo joyeuse !!
Elle est trop pesante et beaucoup ne vont pas aimer.. C'est mon humble avis !
Salutations et merci pour ce projet ..
Could you Give us the Mail adress for files transfet please ...

Last edited:
Je suis tout a fait d'accord pour participer a votre projet, mais j'ai tellement de vidéo que je ne sais lesquelles vous envoyer.
Si vous voulez voir sur ma chaine youtube, si un vidéo vous plait plus qu'une autre .
Par contre je trouve la musique vraiment trop triste, pour mette sur une vidéo joyeuse !!
Elle est trop pesante et beaucoup ne vont pas aimer.. C'est mon humble avis !
Salutations et merci pour ce projet ..
Could you Give us the Mail adress for files transfet please ...
You can give us some footage you have yet to use in one of your videos and you really like. As for an email address, you can use this. It is my account email for Google Drive, One Drive, and Dropbox.

Do you have any suggestions for a song? I am a rocker, so I am not well verse in cheerful music. I like them, but don't know their names. Please keep in mind that it must be copyright free or that we can get the rights to use it. ?

For who ever will be editing the video for you guys this little video might be helpful.
Sort of a tutorial on how to edit drone footage.

Reactions: Ansia
What about this song? It is a happy song, has no copyright, so it should fill some of the suggestions.

@macoman, here are the videos from @Franlac and me. I plan on recording from a different location next weekend. As more footage arrive, I will be adding it to the link below. If you have any problems watching the videos or downloading, please let know.

Franlac suggested that you should be the one who picks the song. So if a song pops into your head, try it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: macoman
How much footage are you looking for time wise and just landscape or other stuff as well? I have some flood footage from the midwest and some footage from downtown St. Louis I could contribute.

How much footage are you looking for time wise and just landscape or other stuff as well? I have some flood footage from the midwest and some footage from downtown St. Louis I could contribute.
The final video will be somewhere between 3-5 minutes. Any footage you can provide will be welcomed. Between Franlac and I there is more than enough, but I prefer to have short videos from as many people as possible around the world, than just from 2 or 3 places.

Your footage can be about anything, as long as you enjoyed yourself while recording it.

@macoman, here are the videos from @Franlac and me. I plan on recording from a different location next weekend. As more footage arrive, I will be adding it to the link below. If you have any problems watching the videos or downloading, please let me know.

Franlac suggested that you should be the one who picks the song. So if a song pops into your head, try it out.
Why do you put the files in free access?
I would not want others to use it.
It's only for the person doing the editing ...

Why do you put the files in free access?
I would not want others to use it.
It's only for the person doing the editing ...
They have been removed from free access and only will be shared with the editor. I apologize.

The final video will be somewhere between 3-5 minutes. Any footage you can provide will be welcomed. Between Franlac and I there is more than enough, but I prefer to have short videos from as many people as possible around the world, than just from 2 or 3 places.

Your footage can be about anything, as long as you enjoyed yourself while recording it.
OK so how do I send it to you? I have about a 2 minute clip with a few things you can edit.

OK so how do I send it to you? I have about a 2 minute clip with a few things you can edit.
You can share it with me via Dropbox, Google Drive, One Drive, or WeTransfer. I don't have an account for WeTransfer, but for the rest, you can use this email.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm