Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Bought today

Bunker

Reaction score
Well I pulled the trigger on the Evo today with Autel's promo extra battery and car charger deal. Can't wait to get in my hands to fly it.

Congrats, you will like it very well. Good Luck

Well I pulled the trigger on the Evo today with Autel's promo extra battery and car charger deal. Can't wait to get in my hands to fly it.

Welcome to the club. What are you using for a second screen? This forum is pretty great for questions, ideas, etc.

Welcome to the club. What are you using for a second screen? This forum is pretty great for questions, ideas, etc.
I have a Samsung Tab A7 that I think would work. That way I don't have to use my iphone 6s, its to small for me.

I was hoping it would fit. If not I would just use a plastic phone case and velcro it to the back of the tab. I have seen that done on youtube.

I think the tablet you mentioned is a 7" tablet. That won't fit. The velcro thing does work. I used a piece of wood and velcro in the phone slot and then the other end of the velcro on the tablet. I eventually splurged on the Thor mount. It's expensive and probably over-priced, but I really like it. That was one drawback about the Evo. With my Air (and previously Spark) I could get a tablet adapter for $25. No go with the Evo on that front.

At least you're getting in at a time when you can get extra props. When I first got mine you couldn't even get props! Enjoy it. It's a good (and fun) little bird.

Well that didn't take long to get. Bought on the evening of the 14th and delivered this morning the 17th to Fort McMurray, Northern Alberta. Went with the on the go bundle, some ND filters, the promo pack extra battery and car charger and not the least the Evo itself. So a total of 4 batteries they threw in a extra set of props too. Only problem its gusting to 40 km/h today so no flying for me. Did power everything up and did a compass calibration at home, linked my Samsung Tab A7 with the Autel explorer app to the controller and everything works good. Had to make a little custom mount for the tab. A little block of wood painted black and velcroed both sides to mount to the controller. I even threw a lanyard strap on. If I don't like it I can always upgrade to the Torlift mount. Here are a couple of pictures of the tab mounted to the controller. Probably going to need a sun shade for the tab too?

Reactions: Marcle
Looks really nice! I'm waiting on mine, I went for the rugged bundle through Wellbots and got the "9to5drones" discount, $1,119 total for Evo, case, car charger , and 4 batteries....seems like a sweet deal. Mine should get here on Tuesday, and I'm hoping the wind isn't too crazy...lol. Give some updates on how things go when you actually get to fly it.

Reactions: Bunker
Looks really nice! I'm waiting on mine, I went for the rugged bundle through Wellbots and got the "9to5drones" discount, $1,119 total for Evo, case, car charger , and 4 batteries....seems like a sweet deal. Mine should get here on Tuesday, and I'm hoping the wind isn't too crazy...lol. Give some updates on how things go when you actually get to fly it.
Well I'm impressed with this drone. Flight characteristics are expected and stable and quiet. Still was breezy today. About 20kph. The camera and gimbal worked flawlessly. Just trying to go through all the flight modes to make sure everything works good. RTH landings are right on the money. Battery life is about 25-26 minutes with my setting at 25% for low battery. Even tried ludicrous mode. What were the Autel engineerings thinking, 72kph she sounds like a angry bumblebee screaming along.

Well I'm impressed with this drone. Flight characteristics are expected and stable and quiet. Still was breezy today. About 20kph. The camera and gimbal worked flawlessly. Just trying to go through all the flight modes to make sure everything works good. RTH landings are right on the money. Battery life is about 25-26 minutes with my setting at 25% for low battery. Even tried ludicrous mode. What were the Autel engineerings thinking, 72kph she sounds like a angry bumblebee screaming along.
Just be careful in ludicrous mode as it can lose altitude.

Reactions: Tabitz
I’m new to the evo but how to get in ludicrous mode......and how to make sure you don’t get in ludicrous mode.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials