Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Bird didn't come back

Hillbilly1975

Reaction score
1600 ft I lose signal and it didn't come back, I was under the impression that's what it would do but NO I had to hunt it down...wasn't fun!! Has anyone had this happen and suggestions ? Which range extender to buy maybe ?

1600 ft I lose signal and it didn't come back, I was under the impression that's what it would do but NO I had to hunt it down...wasn't fun!! Has anyone had this happen and suggestions ? Which range extender to buy maybe ?
First of all you do know it is wifi and it has to have direct line to fly that far out right. Second I have found that substations and such are not good to fly around. Third if your in a wooded area that will greatly cut down range. Fourth make sure you are using a device that has been proven to be compatible with no flaws wit xsp.

First of all you do know it is wifi and it has to have direct line to fly that far out right. Second I have found that substations and such are not good to fly around. Third if your in a wooded area that will greatly cut down range. Fourth make sure you are using a device that has been proven to be compatible with no flaws wit xsp.
If any of those criterias are not met even a range extender will not do much good for long distance. Me myself I'm happy with a mile. That's far enough in my opinion. Plus that's the amount of my hunting grounds. On other hand it will greatly improve the reliability of transmission in normarl cicumstance's. Itelite dbs Maxx is what I chose it's right there on my cover photo

Get a buddy with a drone and search from the air.......
You might get lucky and see it from above. It's probably ok if not in the water

It's my first drone so lots to learn, actually the buddy I bought it from searched with his but turns out it went down in a corn field and I found it. Some of that is Chinese to me, I'm using a new android tablet so hopefully there is no problem there. I would be thrilled with a mile range that would go to the other end of my small town !!

Lost my drone today. The screen popped up a message " magnetic interference" the drone took off and it was gone. Brand new ! First flight ! Stinks. I've walked miles and can't find it. The manual control wouldn't work either.

Lost my drone today. The screen popped up a message " magnetic interference" the drone took off and it was gone. Brand new ! First flight ! Stinks. I've walked miles and can't find it. The manual control wouldn't work either.

If you had the latest version of Starlink installed on your mobile device, you can use "Find My X-Star" to try and locate the last known position of your drone. May not do you any good if you were suffering magnetic interference, but may be worth a try. See the tutorial video here:

If you had the latest version of Starlink installed on your mobile device, you can use "Find My X-Star" to try and locate the last known position of your drone. May not do you any good if you were suffering magnetic interference, but may be worth a try. See the tutorial video here:

If u know the direction it was headed last follow that in a straight line also did u recalibrate before takeoff. That's my standard procedure. Every day that I go out regardless of where I'm at I recalibrate. Sounds to me like hardware failure message misty and let her know wats up. If your bird wasn't over water it is findable. Take a chainsaw with you

Mine went down last week. I went to my map and the battery was still putting off a signal took me rite to it you should be able to do the same

Like Bigbit said sorry yes thought mine was gone too but that worked, keep us updated I don't know much as these other guys but I will try to do what I can cuz that sucks !!!

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials