Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Best video settings for night flight over city? Auto exp or manual?

Wghayek

Reaction score

Definitely manual, F2.8. ISO 800, 30FPS framerate, 1/30s shutter, Daylight WB, LOG color profile.

If you a see any LED flicker from the city lights you may need to go to 1/60s shutter and ISO1000, but I have always been fine with 1/30s.

If you are flying really close to the city lights and they are bright enough you may be able to get away with ISO400 and 1/30s shutter.

Definitely manual, F2.8. ISO 800, 30FPS framerate, 1/30s shutter, Daylight WB, LOG color profile.

If you a see any LED flicker from the city lights you may need to go to 1/60s shutter and ISO1000, but I have always been fine with 1/30s.

If you are flying really close to the city lights and they are bright enough you may be able to get away with ISO400 and 1/30s shutter.
Thanks! That’s exactly the info I was hoping to receive!

Try also:
HDR profile 4k
NORMAL (not Log)
-1 sharp - 2 contrast 0 sat
1/25 Ss and 25 fps
ISO 800 or 1600 as you feel.
You will have a nice surprise.
If is a lighter scene, try 1/50 Ss

Sorry didn't work for me. Still very dark pic

Are you close to city lights? Cameras need light there's no way around that, if you are not shooting in a city with plenty of lights then you are not going to get good results. The below video was shot entirely with the settings I recommended above (F2.8, ISO800, 1/30s, LOG Profile)

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58