Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Bees

sunflower

Reaction score
On our maiden flight of EVO II, my first hour flying a drone, it was immediately surrounded by a conspiracy of resident Ravens. Then it attracted a swarm of Honey Bees 150 feet above the ground. Honey Bees are a persistent problem. The drone sounds like a swarm of bees. It seems the bees hear the prop sounds and want to join in a swarm. The props become sticky with honey. We do not wish to harm bees. Has anyone else experienced issues with bees?

The drone was otherwise easy to fly.

Hope, Fox Island, WA

First 90 seconds are establishing aerials for a nature montage. Bees at 1:10

No such problems, even though i fly near a lot of beehives they don't seem to be interested in my drone.

On our maiden flight of EVO II, my first hour flying a drone, it was immediately surrounded by a conspiracy of resident Ravens. Then it attracted a swarm of Honey Bees 150 feet above the ground. Honey Bees are a persistent problem. The drone sounds like a swarm of bees. It seems the bees hear the prop sounds and want to join in a swarm. The props become sticky with honey. We do not wish to harm bees. Has anyone else experienced issues with bees?

The drone was otherwise easy to fly.

Hope, Fox Island, WA

First 90 seconds are establishing aerials for a nature montage. Bees at 1:10
Nice incorporation of drone w/ regular video. Audio well done!
What camera did you use for the non-drone video?

Thanks. Camera - Canon XA10 shot at 1080 30p, color corrected with DaVinci Resolve. Outdoor noise suppresion from civilization was difficult. Render audio codec Linear PCM is much better than AAC.

Reactions: superflyguy

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cronos