Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery Storage

swings16

Reaction score
Greeting all + Thanks

Am i correct in assuming that the best way to store your battery is at a 30/40 % level of battery life left ?

That would be in line with the suggested level for the Mavic series

Is this the way to go ?

Thanks to ALL

Martin/Swings16/NYC

You mean 40-60%?

What i am trying to learn is...

What is the best level of battery power left when not in use for short periods of time..2/3 days or up to a week of storage

Is it best to leave it at a 30 or 40 percent level of power LEFT ?

Thank You

Martin/Swings16/NYC

What i am trying to learn is...

What is the best level of battery power left when not in use for short periods of time..2/3 days or up to a week of storage

Is it best to leave it at a 30 or 40 percent level of power LEFT ?

Thank You

Martin/Swings16/NYC
I fully charge my batteries the day before I'm going to fly. If I'm going to put them in short storage, I just leave them at their current charge. For long time storage, the best is around 40%, like @Agustine just posted. In those cases, I put the smart batteries in 1 day self discharge, in the case they are above 50% and let them go into hibernation mode on their own. Remember it is important to Charge cycle them every 3 months or 20 flights.

Reactions: swings16
Thank you

I appreciate your response and i am learning so much

Martin/Swings16/NYC

(if only the wind would calm the f down !!!..rrrrrr)

I try to end up with my battery's voltage at 3.85 volts per cell with little to no load if I''m not going to fly in the next day or two.
Today, I flew my 6 batteries (3 for my Evo and 3 for my X-Star) down all the way to 20% or less. I'll let them sit for a day or less than 2 days then charge them fully. I already knew it suppose to rain for the next several days here so I set my discharge time for 2 days (I've yet to get the 1 day setting to work correctly) and I'll let the auto discharge take them to proper storage level.
If you have a charged battery and want to get it to storage level, here's what I've found...
As for the Evo, Land right at 55% and watch the battery voltage in the app. Once it sits a minute or two after the propellers stop, it will end up really close to 3.85 volts per cell.
As for the X-Star, Land at 57%. That being said, if one cell is way off( 0.10 volts) from another cell, you have a battery going bad.
Yes, I'm really picky about my batteries. I have a truck that uses two 4s packs that cost about $160 each. What you don't want to do is store a Li-Poly battery fully charged or drained. If the voltage drops below 3 volts per cell, it causes irreversible damage to the cells and your charger will not charge it most likely.

Reactions: swings16 and Ansia

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials