Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery Problem

There are a lot of good ones but this one is nice as it is AC\DC so you don't need a power suppy to run it.
I use the supplied charger as I found it works just as fast as my aftermarket one. Our batteries are 4900 mAh batteries so that relates to charging them at 4.9 amps with a aftermarket charger and I think the supplied charger does the same.

X2 AC Plus Charger by Hi-Tec LiPo, LiHV, Li-Ion, LiFe, NiCd, NiMH 44232 | eBay

I like to take my batteries down to 3.80V per cell which is 15.20 volts for long term storage.
Anywhere between 3.80 & 3.90 volts per cell is fine.

View attachment 1566

Thanks so much!

Some people just use a 12 volt car light bulb with a connector soldered to it but you will need some kind of voltage meter to make sure you don't go past your intended voltage. :)

Some people just use a 12 volt car light bulb with a connector soldered to it but you will need some kind of voltage meter to make sure you don't go past your intended voltage. :)
OK, another dumb question... :D I can't tell from the pictures, does that charger have a read-out? How can you monitor the cells accurately ?

I bought several Autel batteries back in July 2016 (so about 20 months old) each has had about 15 charges and are now starting to blow and difficult to get
in and out of the aircraft and these are supposed to be intelligent batteries so I will be contacting Autel.
I also have 8 DJI Phantom 3 Pro batteries with some charged 60 times and NO BLOWING (they look and perform like the day they were bought) so that
shows quality and experience by DJI.

I bought several Autel batteries back in July 2016 (so about 20 months old) each has had about 15 charges and are now starting to blow and difficult to get
in and out of the aircraft and these are supposed to be intelligent batteries so I will be contacting Autel.
I also have 8 DJI Phantom 3 Pro batteries with some charged 60 times and NO BLOWING (they look and perform like the day they were bought) so that
shows quality and experience by DJI.

If your Autel batteries are 20 months old the warranty ran out on them after 12 months.

How are you storing your batteries for long term storage? I have one battery from when I bought my x-star 15 months ago and it is like new. I alway store mine at storage voltage of 3.80V per cell and never let the smart circuit board lower the voltage. Just takes way to long and by the time it gets to storage voltage your battery is damaged. Fly it down to 2 LED lights on the battery or get yourself a discharger to get the job down fast.

An easier way...
While the aircraft is connected to Starlink, reprogram the battery discharge time to be less, like 2 days. Discharging a lipo battery completely with a discharger is not good for the battery. That is why the manufacturers program the batteries to discharge only around 60 percent.

An easier way...
While the aircraft is connected to Starlink, reprogram the battery discharge time to be less, like 2 days. Discharging a lipo battery completely with a discharger is not good for the battery. That is why the manufacturers program the batteries to discharge only around 60 percent.

Not really. The discharge can be set to one day in starlink and it will still take 2 weeks before it get even close to moving down in voltage. Lipo batteries need to kept at 3.80-3.85 Volts per cell in storage. The sooner you get them there the longer your Lipo batteries will last. 60% as you suggest is nowhere near the storage voltage. I have been using Lipo batteries for almost 5 years now in my RC equipment and have a fairly good background on how and what you should and should not be doing with them.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58