Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery info

Jerrydrake

Reaction score
Hello, received today the nano + premium pack, this evening il will be at home and open the box ;-)
I have some experience in lipo batteries, i have a couple of drones that i have assembled and several years ago i was "flying" with RC helicopters , also nitro type ;-)
standard lipo can be managed with separate chargers (balance, checking voltage, storage , ecc) , but with the nano everything is "integrated".. Questions:
- the battery informations does it include single cell voltage?
how can i do to put the battery in storage mode? i think the balance board is inside the battery, so i cannot access single cells. in the autel app it seems there is an option, automatic storage after 3 days, but is it fixed , can i set one day, for instance?
Battery maintenance is very importante , i have 10 years old lipos, and they are still working fine,
Thank you very much in advance

- I don't think the SKY app shows the individual cell voltages, Explorer App did that though (for Evo 2 Pro only)
- the SKY app has only the 3 day and cannot be changed... you will have to manually discharge to the approximate storage voltage if you want to do so right away again, the Explorer app has the option to set days to discharge.
- I am not convinced there is much balancing capability in these batteries...
- Also note that since there is a BMS circuit constantly monitoring the battery will discharge slowly over time and should be charged at lease every few months to prevent over-discharge which will cause the BMS to lock-out and prevent any further use.

Reactions: Jerrydrake
@Jerrydrake the following topic may be useful to give you some insight into the LiPo batteries that the Nano series uses.

Post #19 provides some voltages I measured across all the pins at different charge states of the Nano battery. Since you have some LiPo experience you should have an idea of which pins are showing the individual cell voltages. I think you can access single cells but maybe not in the way you have had access to with some of the RC LiPo packs where they are clearly known and published pinouts. It may require some reverse engineering to confirm what you are after.

Are you looking to use an RC charger to charge and balance the Nano batteries?

Last edited:
- I don't think the SKY app shows the individual cell voltages, Explorer App did that though (for Evo 2 Pro only)
- the SKY app has only the 3 day and cannot be changed... you will have to manually discharge to the approximate storage voltage if you want to do so right away again, the Explorer app has the option to set days to discharge.
- I am not convinced there is much balancing capability in these batteries...
- Also note that since there is a BMS circuit constantly monitoring the battery will discharge slowly over time and should be charged at lease every few months to prevent over-discharge which will cause the BMS to lock-out and prevent any further use.
thank you for the information.. i agree, i wonder if the small integrated BMS will do a good job in balancing the cells

@Jerrydrake the following topic may be useful to give you some insight into the LiPo batteries that the Nano series uses.

Post #19 provides some voltages I measured across all the pins at different charge states of the Nano battery. Since you have some LiPo experience you should have an idea of which pins are showing the individual cell voltages. I think you can access single cells but maybe not in the way you have had access to with some of the RC LiPo packs where they are clearly known and published pinouts. It may require some reverse engineering to confirm what you are after.

Are you looking to use an RC charger to charge and and balance the Nano batteries?
Wow, this is really cool, thank you very much!!!
Yes, it would be nice to charge batteries wit a separate charger: i have Imax B6 mini that is very good, it can also check internal resistance os each cell.. and an ISDT charger wich does the same. But, i think, the problem is the BMS inside, and it would be necessary to find an appropriate type of pin / connector to connect the battery

Also, i had a problem with batteries. all the 3 batteries were "dead", no leds while pressing the check/power button. I tried to charge the battery installed in the drone, both with the included charger and also with a (good) usb "intelligent charger", The first led started to blink , but the current charge was only 7 milliampere, for over 30 minutes, and no progresse with the charge
Then i put another battery in the multiple charger and it started to charge regulary : battery charged 100% in about 1 hour. Then i placed the battery that was inside the drone, same thingh, battery charged.
then i partially used one battery : first setup of the drone, firmware update, some test, ecc.. and now that battery that is is a t 50 % , can be charged in the drone with the autel charger
The manual says that batteries have a self discharge function at the storage voltage, but my batteries were "dead"/freezed. I cannot verify if they are damaged or not, i will see at the first flight, but i was wondering why,, anyone had this strange issue?
Many thanks

Wow, this is really cool, thank you very much!!!
Yes, it would be nice to charge batteries wit a separate charger: i have Imax B6 mini that is very good, it can also check internal resistance os each cell.. and an ISDT charger wich does the same. But, i think, the problem is the BMS inside, and it would be necessary to find an appropriate type of pin / connector to connect the battery
See post #18 from the thread I referenced earlier and see if that helps.

Also, i had a problem with batteries. all the 3 batteries were "dead", no leds while pressing the check/power button. I tried to charge the battery installed in the drone, both with the included charger and also with a (good) usb "intelligent charger", The first led started to blink , but the current charge was only 7 milliampere, for over 30 minutes, and no progresse with the charge
Then i put another battery in the multiple charger and it started to charge regulary : battery charged 100% in about 1 hour. Then i placed the battery that was inside the drone, same thingh, battery charged.
then i partially used one battery : first setup of the drone, firmware update, some test, ecc.. and now that battery that is is a t 50 % , can be charged in the drone with the autel charger
The manual says that batteries have a self discharge function at the storage voltage, but my batteries were "dead"/freezed. I cannot verify if they are damaged or not, i will see at the first flight, but i was wondering why,, anyone had this strange issue?
Many thanks
I haven't had this issue with Nano batteries but have encountered something like this with some 26650-5200mAh cells that I let discharge too far. None of my chargers would charge them and indicated the cells were bad. I had the charger hooked up to a lab power supply and could see that when I plugged one of the cells in the power supply would draw about 1 amp for a few seconds until the charger indicated that the cell was bad. The charger was checking the impedance of the cell and was supplying current to the cell. I repeated plugging the same cell in about 10-15 times and with each insertion it would charge the cell a little bit. Finally it charged it to a point where it saw the charge state as being acceptable and then continued to charge correctly to 100%. I had to do this for all 4 cells and I got them all to start charging after this process.

Last edited:
I haven't had this issue with Nano batteries but have encountered something like this with some 26650-5200mAh cells that I let discharge too far. None of my chargers would charge them and indicated the cells were bad. I had the charger hooked up to a lab power supply and could see that when I plugged one of the cells in the pwoer supply would draw about 1 amp for a few seconds until the charger indicated that the cell was bad. The charger was checking the impedance of the cell and was supplying current to the cell. I repeated plugging the same cell in about 10-15 times and with each insertion it would charge the cell a little bit. Finally it charged it to a point where it saw the charge state as being acceptable and then continued to charge correctly to 100%. I had to do this for all 4 cells and I got them all to start charging after this process.
yes, generally speaking when a cell is too low, the charger refuse to charge.. there are some tricks and sometimes batteries can be recovered very well.. in my case (nano batteries) the first time all of them can be charged only with multiple charger, Today first flght , i was not to able to check the flight time exactly, but the battery seems to be fine..the app says 100 % health.. i charged it on the multiple charger, with an old phone charger, the measured charge current was relatively low (0,8 A) and the total charge was over 2500 millampere, the it greater than the nominal value

Reactions: Paul43
Many thanks
The batteries are shipped in a hibernation mode which is a very low power consumption state for shipping and retail storage. This mode is deactivated when the Autel charger is connected. If the battery does not awaken and start charging there may be an issue with the battery BMS and it should be replaced under warranty. The batteries are also programmed to enter the very low power consumption state when they reach ~8% in longer term storage which the batteries will again be unresponsive until connected to the charger again. It is reccomended to use the supplied USB-C cable and Autel power supply. Some USB-C cables do not support higher charge rates.

Reactions: Paul43
The batteries are shipped in a hibernation mode which is a very low power consumption state for shipping and retail storage. This mode is deactivated when the Autel charger is connected. If the battery does not awaken and start charging there may be an issue with the battery BMS and it should be replaced under warranty. The batteries are also programmed to enter the very low power consumption state when they reach ~8% in longer term storage which the batteries will again be unresponsive until connected to the charger again. It is reccomended to use the supplied USB-C cable and Autel power supply. Some USB-C cables do not support higher charge rates.
Thank you.. as i said before the battery, when inserted into the drone was not charged (with the original Autel charger) , but with the multiple adapter yes.. this is strange, it is like the drone have some problems in charging batteries.. Also , i noticed that, when in the drone , the charge is slow, the behaviour of the leds is different , and the battery is more warm (not hot) ..also the drone body is a little hot.
In conclusion, if i had the standard version (without the multiple adapter) it would have been impossible to "wake up" the batteries and then charge them.. and this is not normal, i think.. what do you think about?

- Я не думаю, что приложение SKY показывает отдельные напряжения в ячейках, хотя приложение Explorer сделало это (только для Evo 2 Pro)
- приложение SKY рассчитано только на 3 дня и не может быть изменено... вам придется вручную разрядиться до приблизительного напряжения аккумулятора, если вы хотите сделать это сразу же, опять же, в приложении Explorer есть возможность установить дни для разрядки.
- Я не уверен, что в этих батареях есть большая балансировочная способность...
- Также обратите внимание, что, поскольку существует схема BMS, постоянно контролирующая, как батарея будет медленно разряжаться с течением времени, и ее следует заряжать не реже одного раза в несколько месяцев, чтобы предотвратить чрезмерный разряд, который приведет к блокировке BMS и предотвратит дальнейшее использование.

В России мы смогли обновить приложение, и теперь мы видим напряжение батареи для каждой частоты

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-04-17-20-28-90_08f285cb8fc4cb9933e1a807ac7617df.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-04-17-20-28-90_08f285cb8fc4cb9933e1a807ac7617df.jpg
    443.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_2023-02-04-17-20-17-86_08f285cb8fc4cb9933e1a807ac7617df.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-04-17-20-17-86_08f285cb8fc4cb9933e1a807ac7617df.jpg
    493.5 KB · Views: 9
В России мы смогли обновить приложение, и теперь мы видим напряжение батареи для каждой частоты
wow..do you mean the voltage of the single cell?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juan.t