Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Battery Drop Solution?

Squirrel!

Reaction score
Hmmm...didn't want to say anything till I was sure, and I'm certain I'm jinxing myself, but it seems I am not experiencing the battery drop issue any more. :eek: I have been doing a full [what I think is a 'full'] reset of each battery when I begin the charging process.

When the charger is connected to the battery, once the level lights begin to cycle, depress the power button for 20 seconds which makes the lights light up, go out and start charging again. That's it. I couldn't say how many times I've charged the batteries, at least 8-10 each so far. But I now can take a battery that was pretty consistently dropping @ 30%, and fly it to 25% [had it as low as 17%] and no drops. I have had batteries sit for days and days before using. No drops from ANY of the 6 batteries. :cool:

I know the resetting has been talked about before, but I don't recall it being mentioned to do it while actually being charged. Nor to reset it EVERY time you charge it. So, thoughts? Is this just dumb luck or is it a solution to the power drop dilima? :confused:

Reactions: KentA
I knew I was jinxing myself! :mad:

First battery, second flight..."Warning - Critical Battery level"...Well, back to the drawing board. o_O

...once the level lights begin to cycle...what does that mean?
Thanks

Whenever I fly, I bring two batteries that have been charged to 100%. I will have charged them fully 12-15 hours prior to a flight. When the XSP lands at 22-25%, I'll bring the battery home and only charge it to 50% ( 2 lights on). I then store the battery. I have the discharge set to 10 days. Every 90 days I hit the power button on all my batteries and see if I still have two lights on, if not, I charge the battery again to two solid lights on. I have been told that on the 20th charge cycle, don't let the XSP land until you see the battery power level get down to 10% or less.
Hope these tips help. Any thoughts, suggestions, please post.
eyeman56

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmanvm