Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

B&H Photo has marked their Autel Lite/Lite+ drones as discontinued? I'm repeating this thread because the title of the first thread is too ambiguous.

quinn karter

Reaction score
I got the same notice from B&H, but no other distributors have made this statement. I ordered my Lite+ from DRONE WORKS. I haven't received any such notice. Most of the main distributors are still accepting orders. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON?
Perhaps I'll have to make a few phone calls this week.

I got the same notice from B&H, but no other distributors have made this statement. I ordered my Lite+ from DRONE WORKS. I haven't received any such notice. Most of the main distributors are still accepting orders. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON?
The Nano / Nano+ are marked as discontinued on the B&H site as well.

Must be an error. Not sure why B&H would do that. It sure has created quite some confusion.

The EVO Nano and Lite product lines certainly are not discontinued.
Thanks for the prompt response and update. Surely a silly mistake by whoever has been updating their database.

the status you see on a seller's website does not reflect the status from the manufacturer. b&h has their own systems and their own inventory technology and software. "discontinued" on their website means you cannot order that sku any longer (for now). just as when it says "out of stock" it means they don't have any....not the world doesn't have any. perhaps they have an issue with their system and they need to re-create the listings rather than modify the exiting ones and the only way to receive them is to get rid of whatever they had rather than list is as out of stock, backorder, etc. if you do business with b&h you might be concerned, especially if you have a pre-order with them, but the rest of us shouldn't care if b&h changes their mind and decides not to sell the new autel drone. you would be surprised how some merchants actually have no idea how their website reacts to daily operations and actually don't have time to try to control every single item they sell every day. they probably don't even know it temporarily says "discontinued." also their definitions are not always the same definitions used by the customer.

when i look at the bhphoto listings, i don't see any mention of the color. in my mind, the 4 listings per model are not valid unless bhphoto only intended to carry the orange color. perhaps why they have been stricken.....

Must be an error. Not sure why B&H would do that. It sure has created quite some confusion.

The EVO Nano and Lite product lines certainly are not discontinued.
I just checked with B&H sales department - they are showing the Nano and Nano + as discontinued on their website. I spoke with one of their staff members who sells drones and he told me that B&H is in the process of refunding their pre-order customers as these drones will be delayed well into 2022 or Autel may cancel the drones altogether. This is from the B&H sales folks directly.

• Wow
Reactions: Eagle928
I just checked with B&H sales department - they are showing the Nano and Nano + as discontinued on their website. I spoke with one of their staff members who sells drones and he told me that B&H is in the process of refunding their pre-order customers as these drones will be delayed well into 2022 or Autel may cancel the drones altogether. This is from the B&H sales folks directly.
as far as i know, bhphoto doesn't charge anyone's credit card for a pre-order. you don't have to "pay" until your item is shipped. unless you sent cash or money order then a traditional refund is not necessary. however, these newer payment methods such as paypal, apple pay, and other pay wallets and epayment types will have to be processed for a refund. all laws apply (if you live in a state that cares about the consumer): after a certain period of time, inform the customer and gain permission to continue to keep the money you've collected or process a refund. you cannot bank on the customer to forget about it or die or wait for some type of timer to expire for making a claim. generally those of us who use paypal and such peer-to-peer payment types understand the money is sent and we only do it if we trust the seller and we understand the payment processor's rules for completing the transaction. otherwise, there are those people who think merchants are collecting money and enriching themselves on preorders at our expense, making money on interest, etc. theborg, you probably know this, b&h is likely fed up with waiting and not getting accurate/timely info and although they sell a million electronic products (i don't know why they would care about an autel drone) but it's possible their patience has worn out and this is how they handle it. but again, you might be on to something as b&h might have heard something the rest of us don't yet know about. i guess all we can do is wait and see but i really hope it's not true. couple hundred people are counting on those new autel drones and since we can't exactly buy the mavic3 right now, it's going to be a drone drought this winter. ;)

as far as i know, bhphoto doesn't charge anyone's credit card for a pre-order. you don't have to "pay" until your item is shipped. unless you sent cash or money order then a traditional refund is not necessary. however, these newer payment methods such as paypal, apple pay, and other pay wallets and epayment types will have to be processed for a refund. all laws apply (if you live in a state that cares about the consumer): after a certain period of time, inform the customer and gain permission to continue to keep the money you've collected or process a refund. you cannot bank on the customer to forget about it or die or wait for some type of timer to expire for making a claim. generally those of us who use paypal and such peer-to-peer payment types understand the money is sent and we only do it if we trust the seller and we understand the payment processor's rules for completing the transaction. otherwise, there are those people who think merchants are collecting money and enriching themselves on preorders at our expense, making money on interest, etc. theborg, you probably know this, b&h is likely fed up with waiting and not getting accurate/timely info and although they sell a million electronic products (i don't know why they would care about an autel drone) but it's possible their patience has worn out and this is how they handle it. but again, you might be on to something as b&h might have heard something the rest of us don't yet know about. i guess all we can do is wait and see but i really hope it's not true. couple hundred people are counting on those new autel drones and since we can't exactly buy the mavic3 right now, it's going to be a drone drought this winter. ;)

Yeah - B&H does a lot of volume on photographic and electronics - they probably got tired of the customer calls and lack of transparency from Autel. I really wanted to wait for the Nano + but in the end I may just opt for a used Air 2 - not exactly the form factor I was looking for as I wanted a smaller good quality drone as a second to my E2P but with things as they are these delays last a while.

I gave B & H a call today,and and was told the new Autel drones were taken out of the system ,explaining the dis. message.
And he could not explain why the drones were taken out of the system.Anyway the new products will be put back into the system
at the beginning of Jan.2022 I was told.So it sounds like they are cominig.

Reactions: Theborg
Yeah - B&H does a lot of volume on photographic and electronics - they probably got tired of the customer calls and lack of transparency from Autel. I really wanted to wait for the Nano + but in the end I may just opt for a used Air 2 - not exactly the form factor I was looking for as I wanted a smaller good quality drone as a second to my E2P but with things as they are these delays last a while.
I gave B & H a call today,the new autel drones were on there as Discon..,and were taken out of the system,and he did not
know why.However the new drones will be put back into the system on the beginning of Jan.2022.This what I was told.
So they are still on the way.

Reactions: Theborg
I gave B & H a call today,the new autel drones were on there as Discon..,and were taken out of the system,and he did not
know why.However the new drones will be put back into the system on the beginning of Jan.2022.This what I was told.
So they are still on the way.
I guess we'll just wait and see - I dont understand why they would take them out, issue refunds, and then put them back in 2 weeks later....I don't know what the point would be.

I guess we'll just wait and see - I dont understand why they would take them out, issue refunds, and then put them back in 2 weeks later....I don't know what the point would be.
It's hard to explain I know,I guess people that wanted it in their hands before Xmas,not looking
real good right now.

This is straight from Autel; “This is a technical issue where they [B&H] are deleting old item numbers that they set up prior to our [Autel] sending out the confirmed item numbers. Nothing is being discontinued..”
Thank you for clearing that up.

Reactions: Andrew01
Looks like they will be shipping next week. I would guess to the pre-order customers. I would imagine to the Authorized Dealers too.

Attachments

• EVO-Nano+.jpg
    EVO-Nano+.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 15
  • Autel Nano.JPG
    Autel Nano.JPG
    90.5 KB · Views: 18
I gave B & H a call today,and and was told the new Autel drones were taken out of the system ,explaining the dis. message.
And he could not explain why the drones were taken out of the system.Anyway the new products will be put back into the system
at the beginning of Jan.2022 I was told.So it sounds like they are cominig.
I canceled my B&H preorder Nano+ I ordered grom the Autel website, they said I will have before Christmas? We’ll see!

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo