Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel you can do better!!!

Kelly boy

Reaction score
I bought a brand new x star premium never opened with the seal still on the case. I had researched drones for months trying to decide what to buy and I really liked the. X star so I searched unit I found a new one for 700.00 dollars. I waited so long and I was so excited to get it and tore it open and my excitement went from over the moon to pure disgust when the battery wouldn't do anything or wouldn't charge. I was so disappointed. I called autel hoping they might do something considering it had never been opened and I had heard autel was so great. Well they tell me there is nothing they can do. I guess warranty on a vehicle starts when you buy it but for autel I guess it starts when it is made. They tell me I can buy a new battery on top of the 700.00 I already spent. After calming down I go to buy one and they are out of stock and nobody has any and autel informs me they aren't getting anymore. So I have a brand new never flown x star that is useless and I am so heartbroken and disappointed. But they tell me I can send half of my 700.00 dollar investment back to them and they will knock 10% off of another 1000.00 dollar drone. WOW!!! NO THANKS AUTEL. You can do better than that. I would have never bought this 700.00 dollar paper weight if I would have know how dirty autel really was. You can do better autel. Karma is a ***** and I am sure everybody is watching you. Including GOD!!!! People spend there hard earned money with you during this trying time and you do this. Thank you

Well we owners of the X-Star feel your pain but the way your posts reads you are expecting Autel to respond to it. Sorry to say we are in no way associated with Autel Robotics and they don't respond to posts on here. You are better off posting your message to all their social media groups like facebook, twitter and such.

Again sorry to hear about your bad experience but your not the only one with this problem.

Sorry to hear this. Just return it if it's brand new.

I bought a brand new x star premium never opened with the seal still on the case. I had researched drones for months trying to decide what to buy and I really liked the. X star so I searched unit I found a new one for 700.00 dollars. I waited so long and I was so excited to get it and tore it open and my excitement went from over the moon to pure disgust when the battery wouldn't do anything or wouldn't charge. I was so disappointed. I called autel hoping they might do something considering it had never been opened and I had heard autel was so great. Well they tell me there is nothing they can do. I guess warranty on a vehicle starts when you buy it but for autel I guess it starts when it is made. They tell me I can buy a new battery on top of the 700.00 I already spent. After calming down I go to buy one and they are out of stock and nobody has any and autel informs me they aren't getting anymore. So I have a brand new never flown x star that is useless and I am so heartbroken and disappointed. But they tell me I can send half of my 700.00 dollar investment back to them and they will knock 10% off of another 1000.00 dollar drone. WOW!!! NO THANKS AUTEL. You can do better than that. I would have never bought this 700.00 dollar paper weight if I would have know how dirty autel really was. You can do better autel. Karma is a ***** and I am sure everybody is watching you. Including GOD!!!! People spend there hard earned money with you during this trying time and you do this. Thank you
This thread could help, someone was able to fix your issue, just read down the thread to oschnipping, he fixed this.

This thread could help, someone was able to fix your issue, just read down the thread to oschnipping, he fixed this.

It’s true, I’ve rescued two bats this way, both failed to charge due to my lack of proper maintenance, luckily both restored To100%.

Btw, I’m really pissed at Autel for failing to support their products, this should be an eye opener for all current and future EVO owners........How long until my $1500 - 2000 investment turns into dust?
I‘ve conveyed my feelings to Support and suggest all Autel owners do likewise.

Last edited:
Reactions: Madhungarian
It’s true, I’ve rescued two bats this way, both failed to charge due to my lack of proper maintenance, luckily both restored To100%.

Btw, I’m really pissed at Autel for failing to support their products, this should be an eye opener for all current and future EVO owners........How long until my $1500 - 2000 investment turns into dust?
I‘ve conveyed my feelings to Support and suggest all Autel owners do likewise.
I agree on the support, I see why Augustine and other X-star owners are bitter, now they are doing this for the Evo 1 where they only release updates for the Evo 2 like custom flying adjustments using the same app, but only available for the Evo 2. SUCKS

X-star was pretty good, I'd take it over P3P, but the Evo is wayyyy better in multiple aspects, and you could have found a used one for $700. I see used XSP packages in the $300 range. If you bought one supposedly brand new I'd return it to the seller. If they were an authorized dealer with new old stock I'd expect Autel to do something more regarding warranty, but if there are no batteries to be had, then what can they do?

They will not take it back and autel will not do anything. I guess I should have done more research. I had no idea they were dropping everything x star. They were parts everywhere and batteries until I needed one. But autel is so nice and offered me a 10% discount on a Evo if I sent them the never used brand new remote and camera from the never used x star. They are such a nice and respectable company. NOT. I WILL BURN THIS X STAR TO THE GROUND AND VIDEO IT BEFORE I WOULD EVER GIVE AUTEL ANOTHER PENNY.

A few years ago when I upgraded from XSP to Evo I sold off the XSP is chunks on Ebay. Drone body, gimbal, remote, batteries, case, etc. I made back almost all of what I spent on the Evo. I actually thought about buying some of the used ones I see for around $350 with lots of stuff and breaking them up this way, maybe even break down the body into smaller pieces.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials