Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Wish List

Maybe mounting the tablet on top of the hollow handles below, rather than above the built in display, would alter the overall balance sufficiently to make the A and B buttons more useful, and less likely to be accidentally triggered.
I personally wouldn't like that, that's one of the things I don't like about dji's controllers, but I could understand how someone coming from the dji world might like it considering it's the configuration they're used to.

I really like the Evo controller, it's got a lot of good things going on, but if I were going to change it, I'd take cues from the ST16 typhoon h controller, make it larger with a larger Oled screen- take away the need for a smartphone or tablet altogether-, lanyard attachments, and switches and knobs to quickly toggle options on and off.ST_16_Frontal-9fb4e9b1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: FePhoenix
I personally wouldn't like that, that's one of the things I don't like about dji's controllers, but I could understand how someone coming from the dji world might like it considering it's the configuration they're used to.

I really like the Evo controller, it's got a lot of good things going on, but if I were going to change it, I'd take cues from the ST16 typhoon h controller, make it larger with a larger Oled screen- take away the need for a smartphone or tablet altogether-, lanyard attachments, and switches and knobs to quickly toggle options on and off.View attachment 3718
Actually, all my other DJI controllers (P4P, P4, P3P, Inspire) are based upon the EVO design, with the tablet above the controller, but their balance is entirely different. They all sit flat and don't fall away, from the tablet weight, unlike the EVO controller. The M2 fits an iPad Mini4 perfectly in between its two handles below the screen. Your pictured controller looks almost identical to the new DJI M2 controller with built in CrystalSky screen, but it is an extra $650!

Its a compact drone and needs compact components. A separate console style controller would be nice. The controller is out of balance with phone on top and yes a HDMI out port would have been sweet. Feels like the hard plastic handles want to slip out of my hands and drop everything on the ground while using touch screen. I had to install a ring around base of phone holder and attach a lanyard. The transmitter antennas have to point downward with phone on top. (Firmware) - Id like to see better fight characteristics in a high speed mode, sensors not required. The amp draw alert / battery over-discharging warning prompt added in new firmware is a good start to keep an eye or ear on battery condition while flying faster (I like the 34MPH mode so no update for this Evo) and giving us control over that Panic Brake in Ludicrous mode. You should be able to relax forward pitch and keep coasting not slam on the breaks before you reach center stick. Slow it down a little if needed so the extra power can give it climbout at full speed. Maybe the ESCs firmware update will help with more power at the props without too much more amp draw. My quad and Hex 450 builds way back when Drone wasnt a mainstream word and using multiwii FC boards could do it with PID tuning. Surely it will conserve power without so much unwanted brake action during forward flight and banking a turn. Of course the old Multiwii Fcs didnt work well with GPS tuning at least not for me, hours, days, weeks of tuning relocating GPS module reducing ground loops etc.with little results.. I think its when toilet bowl affect term was first used to describe flight behavior. The new stuff has come along way and Open source coding moves fast. The Evo isnt open source as far as I know. So they need time. Anyone who has built a racer and tuned it knows. Flight control, camera gimbal,image transmission,saftey options for beginners, automated options...

Keep pushing Autel hope you get all the support you deserve. The Evo is a nice rig, tune it up !

Actually, all my other DJI controllers (P4P, P4, P3P, Inspire) are based upon the EVO design, with the tablet above the controller, but their balance is entirely different. They all sit flat and don't fall away, from the tablet weight, unlike the EVO controller. The M2 fits an iPad Mini4 perfectly in between its two handles below the screen. Your pictured controller looks almost identical to the new DJI M2 controller with built in CrystalSky screen, but it is an extra $650!
Yeah I was drooling over that new controller, but it would still have my hands above the screen, it just seems like that would be an issue for me.

I don't like how the Typhoon H's controller is so big. They could have reduced it's size.
Im alright with the size as it would allow for the larger screen and room for additional switches etc.

I follow the compact design idea, there's definitely that to consider, but for some people, like myself, its not an issue... maybe there could be an Autel ground station type remote available like how dji has the larger new one with the built in screen in addition to the small remote the mavics come with.

Its a compact drone and needs compact components. A separate console style controller would be nice. The controller is out of balance with phone on top and yes a HDMI out port would have been sweet. Feels like the hard plastic handles want to slip out of my hands and drop everything on the ground while using touch screen. I had to install a ring around base of phone holder and attach a lanyard. The transmitter antennas have to point downward with phone on top. (Firmware) - Id like to see better fight characteristics in a high speed mode, sensors not required. The amp draw alert / battery over-discharging warning prompt added in new firmware is a good start to keep an eye or ear on battery condition while flying faster (I like the 34MPH mode so no update for this Evo) and giving us control over that Panic Brake in Ludicrous mode. You should be able to relax forward pitch and keep coasting not slam on the breaks before you reach center stick. Slow it down a little if needed so the extra power can give it climbout at full speed. Maybe the ESCs firmware update will help with more power at the props without too much more amp draw. My quad and Hex 450 builds way back when Drone wasnt a mainstream word and using multiwii FC boards could do it with PID tuning. Surely it will conserve power without so much unwanted brake action during forward flight and banking a turn. Of course the old Multiwii Fcs didnt work well with GPS tuning at least not for me, hours, days, weeks of tuning relocating GPS module reducing ground loops etc.with little results.. I think its when toilet bowl affect term was first used to describe flight behavior. The new stuff has come along way and Open source coding moves fast. The Evo isnt open source as far as I know. So they need time. Anyone who has built a racer and tuned it knows. Flight control, camera gimbal,image transmission,saftey options for beginners, automated options...

Keep pushing Autel hope you get all the support you deserve. The Evo is a nice rig, tune it up !
Ludicrous mode is way to jerky, you are so right. More field of range, while increasing and decreasing on tilt especially forward.

See my response above—maybe they could give us three choices, or more, as there are two allegedly “customisable buttons. On a Phantom, GPS, ATTI and Sport are on the one switch.
those customizable buttons are not a good choice, they get pressed by accident all the time

Yeah, the handles should have definitely been made of solid plastic for more stability (the left handle broke in two on my first controller, from stripped screws, new out of the box!). I, too, had to add a ring around the base of the phone holder for stability to attach a lanyard, but the ring will still fall off when folded down, because the phone holder does not make a tight seal, but leaves a gap for the ring to slip off! Controller already fell to the ground once, after removing the phone and folding down the holder, while attached to the lanyard!

Yeah I was drooling over that new controller, but it would still have my hands above the screen, it just seems like that would be an issue for me.
I've gotten used to it with the Mavic 2 with the Mini 4 below. No holder necessary, and the tablet does not block any of the M2 screen that way! Works quite well, and I can leave the tablet premounted that way, flat (have to unscrew the sticks, though) and put it inside the upper zippered compartment of the Smatree case for the M2, so everything fits, and no onsite assembly required, except for the sticks! Trying to figure out how to do the same with the EVO controller, once I get my 8" Teclast M89 Android tablet from Gearbest! https://www.gearbest.com/goods/pp_009344818723.html

Last edited:
I've gotten used to it with the Mavic 2 with the Mini 4 below. No holder necessary, and the tablet does not block any of the M2 screen that way! Works quite well, and I can leave the tablet premounted that way, flat (have to unscrew the sticks, though) and put it inside the upper zippered compartment of the Smatree case for the M2, so everything fits, and no onsite assembly required, except for the sticks! Trying to figure out how to do the same with the EVO controller, once I get my 8" Teclast M89 Android tablet from Gearbest! https://www.gearbest.com/goods/pp_009344818723.html
I forget where but someone posted how they used PVC pipe to extend the controller handles. Just press on when needed. Seems that could give room to mount a tablet between them. Maybe someone with time and a 3D printer could come up with something although with extending handles the hinges may not like leverage put on them if a tablet is on top of remote. It would be nice to see Autel release a small form factor video receiver with short HDMI cable to connect with goggles just velcro them together. The box style or DJI goggles have room to mount it and support hi res screens. You could mount it in head strap battery holder on Fat shark or other racer styles. They only have an average of 800 by 600 or less so image wouldnt be great. Maybe box style to support glasses too. I use the DJI white goggles HDMI to a cheap 8 inch android for the Evo. HDMI cable kinda gets in the way and for some reason image isnt as good as the Mavic connected with occusync at 720p.

One thing I don't see here that would be my number one ask would be yaw control similar to what DJI has. My biggest complaint about the Evo (which I do love) is the yaw is much harder to smoothly control compared to any other drone I've flown.

Reactions: AtomX
One thing I don't see here that would be my number one ask would be yaw control similar to what DJI has. My biggest complaint about the Evo (which I do love) is the yaw is much harder to smoothly control compared to any other drone I've flown.
I had an issue with yaw where my inputs seemed uneven or no resolution. After remote calibration it cleared up also it seems at least in 34mph mode yaw has a lot of roll or right/left pitch mixed in. This may contribute to poor yaw control. I think if you input yaw only then it should turn flat not roll too. Yes in forward flight i like to input roll with yaw to bank the turn. Evo does it for you which could help some users. EXP will smooth out yaw. Cant find it for pitch and roll.

The way I hold my controller, the A B buttons end up under my middle finger., so I haven't accidentally pressed them yet. I woudn't put ATTI there, just Precision and Ludicrous modes.
maybe long press to initialize the action so a bump to the button is ignored.

I forget where but someone posted how they used PVC pipe to extend the controller handles. Just press on when needed. Seems that could give room to mount a tablet between them. Maybe someone with time and a 3D printer could come up with something although with extending handles the hinges may not like leverage put on them if a tablet is on top of remote. It would be nice to see Autel release a small form factor video receiver with short HDMI cable to connect with goggles just velcro them together. The box style or DJI goggles have room to mount it and support hi res screens. You could mount it in head strap battery holder on Fat shark or other racer styles. They only have an average of 800 by 600 or less so image wouldnt be great. Maybe box style to support glasses too. I use the DJI white goggles HDMI to a cheap 8 inch android for the Evo. HDMI cable kinda gets in the way and for some reason image isnt as good as the Mavic connected with occusync at 720p.
Interesting about extending the handles with PVC pipe. I agree that the more leverage you place on those fragile handles and their even more fragile hinges, the more likely they are to break! I might just try old fashioned gaffers tape and mount the Mini 4 on top of them that way. The tape could also extend underneath to help relieve pressure on the hinges from the extra weight. On the M2, the Mini 4 is held in place by being tightly squeezed between the handles, which provides a very solid one piece setup.

I have one to add, myt Parrot BB2 had it...

The ability to preload maps/ sat view for filming without internet connection.

Man, I could have used that today...

New to the forum - I love the way point planning feature, but wish I could develop a dynamic shot by opting to gradually adjust the elevation to the next point as opposed to a "fly to point, rise to elevation, fly to next point. "

Reactions: Trox and Nightbat2
New to the forum - I love the way point planning feature, but wish I could develop a dynamic shot by opting to gradually adjust the elevation to the next point as opposed to a "fly to point, rise to elevation, fly to next point. "
You'd need Litchi for that, which unfortunately is not available for the EVO, due to lack of a sufficient user base to justify the investment of their development resources.

I wish I could find the ribbon cable & gimbal arm for an X-Star premium ??

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d