Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Wish List

Never really paid that much attention on the process but I heard for some unknown reason it takes 2 extra pictures. No idea why. It will take two straight up and two straight down opposite each other, When yawing it will complete the different degrees before moving on to the next yaw. And yes your first photo will basically set the exposure. I like it when the sun is over head more then in the horizon. As for DNG photos customers are still trying to get parrot to update this so for now it is only JPG. I have used Topaz JPEG to RAW AI to try to color in the photos which works amazing well.
I also find different elevations to effect the outcome of the 360. One of the most interesting one I saw was from 2 feet off the forest floor using the Anafi. Looking up at the tall trees was fantastic.
Thanks for clarifying. Anafi's strength is being able to shoot straight up, which would be awesome from the floor of a forest! High noon is certainly best on sunny days, if overcast lighting, hiding the sun, is not available. Sunset, without a marine layer concealing the sun, ruins one side of the panorama. Waiting until the sun sets is another alternative, but requires a 1” sensor like the M2P to handle the still present wide variation in lighting from one side to the other. I have settled on the JPG images, as the DNG's can't pass the GPS location through to PanoramaStudio Pro 3, and it is a pain to cut and paste it from the M2P stitched JPG. M2P doesn't give you the option of saving both DNG and JPG originals, while shooting panos. It's one or the other. Biggest challenge is picking the best direction to start the pano for a good 360° exposure, rather than just selecting the primary subject, which may throw off the exposure of the other views and gimbal elevations. Fun stuff. Linking them together on the Google Map with your own API key in PanoramaStudio Pro 3 adds a real level of sophistication.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58