Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel will be adding a "repair kit" to its list

cokeaddict

Reaction score
Got an email from Autel notifying me that repair kits will be up on their web site in the next week. I needed a replacement camera lens Uv filter and they did not sell them so within a week of asking its done. Mine will be shipped out to me tomorrow.
They really are doing great work. It just takes time.
Thanks heaps Autel.
My only other option was to buy a freewell kit which i have no need for as I already have the other 3 filters.

Hi Brian,
This all started when I scratched my uv filter. Needed to get a new one so I emailed Autel and asked them where on their site I would find the replacement filter. Reply said they do not have any replacements.
Then Tim started looking around and found one. So from that came the decision somehow that its something they should have on their accessories list. That's how it all started.

sorry if I made it sound like they emailed a notification to all of us who are registered. I should have clarified that bit.

Reactions: brian bwin
Good choice DB. Its a great machine. SOLID as hell. I can confirm this after a full speed crash into a cliff made of volcanic rock.

Reactions: Delta Blue
Good choice DB. Its a great machine. SOLID as hell. I can confirm this after a full speed crash into a cliff made of volcanic rock.
Wow! That is without the prop protectors too? I have been very abusive to my Hubsan X4 as a training aircraft and am even now rebuilding it and awaiting parts. The good product support for Autel is very attractive to me and that consolation is a huge factor in favoring the X-Star over a DJI. Also, the fact that Autel is competitive as heck, dropping the machine a couple hundred dollars put me over the top on my decision to go ahead and buy.

Yep NO PROP protectors mate.
Still flies great too. Needs a new shell and some repairs on the gimbal cooling fins. 1 motor is scratched but works fine. Most damage was pride.
Totally misjudged braking distance. All happened so fast that by the time i pushed the sticks it was in the wall.
Most pleasing part of that day was once I got that jammed broken prop off and put 4 new ones on, the thing flies fantastic.

Yep NO PROP protectors mate.
Still flies great too. Needs a new shell and some repairs on the gimbal cooling fins. 1 motor is scratched but works fine. Most damage was pride.
Totally misjudged braking distance. All happened so fast that by the time i pushed the sticks it was in the wall.
Most pleasing part of that day was once I got that jammed broken prop off and put 4 new ones on, the thing flies fantastic.
I spent an entire week trying to retrieve my Hubsan out of a tree 30 feet above in some thick woods. I felt really stupid.

Do you ever use the waypoints function on the X-Star? I could see planning waypoints on the Starlink maps first along with altitude as a great way to plan a safe flight and also leave me free to spend more time with the camera.

Tried it twice. It's nice to have this function but I do not use it really. That might change once I expand my confidence.

I spent an entire week trying to retrieve my Hubsan out of a tree 30 feet above in some thick woods. I felt really stupid.

Do you ever use the waypoints function on the X-Star? I could see planning waypoints on the Starlink maps first along with altitude as a great way to plan a safe flight and also leave me free to spend more time with the camera.

Once you fly the x Star Premium ,you won't be flying the husband anymore. I have a few others that I learned on and now there just collecting dust. That's I had my syma x8w stuck in a tree once and my buddy works free a tree cutting service and climbed 60 feet into the tree to get it. Here had all the climbing gear and safety harness. Paid him 20 buck. Dam syma was only 70 bucks but it was fun to fly.

Yeah, I am hoping I will have no need for the Hubsan any more, but I once thought maybe I could use it as a "scout" by sending it up before the X-Star, just to look around and get a feel for the space first. One good thing about the Hubsan...it has made me a very good electronics repairman again, with lots of re-soldering practice.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials