Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL ROBOTICS EVO II RTK pics (all versions)

Thanks for sharing. FWIW for the North American/USA market, these models/options are not available for the EVO II. At this time there are not any updates as to if and/or when these options will be made available in the USA market, but certainly good options to see.

That's interesting that they are directly copying the DJI Enterprise drone with the addons like that. I guess it's not surprising. I would like to get a top hat for my evo though.

Not in USA market... yet, but these add-ons would add significant value in the EVO II Dual.

Copies some M2ED add-ons, but adds a significant additional module not present in other kits as an option: the RTK module.

The RTK would be a substantial add-on.
Especially with the EVO II Dual having huge thermal improvement & RGB features over M2ED, which M2ED doesn’t even provide common RGB camera control features... only Auto.

Add ability of interchangeable cameras... another lacking feature of the M2ED. If they provided a mechanical shutter camera option and truly calibrated & triggered with the RTK module; the whole kit gains additional value. Pretty much removes all the 3rd party add-ons.... except Software, that remains a much needed option.

where can you buy these models and the dual with radiometric values!! ???

where can you buy these models and the dual with radiometric values!! ???
Internet will point out several sources, the post above @advexure is a great place to start!

Just to keep expectations correct, the Dual is Radiometric, and shows the live values although it's not Full Radiometric that provides post Dx work with JpegR images or "per point" values. The small Radiometric zones still provides small enough areas for most operations.

Great small package, Good Luck!
Opps, didn't look at screen name, didn't tell you anything new! You're going for it eh!

For those with access to EVO2, is there a access plate on the top in the area of these add-on components.
Or does the current EVO2 have a smooth top lacking an expansion port?

There is no expansion port on the EVO II. The model pictured above is a model/concept in regions other than the US (I believe only Asia).
That's what I was wondering.... so even "IF" these components eventually arrived in USA, you'd need an updated EVO2 to take advantage of the components. I was hoping there was a port... that'd be insightful of Autel!

Reactions: advexure
That's what I was wondering.... so even "IF" these components eventually arrived in USA, you'd need an updated EVO2 to take advantage of the components. I was hoping there was a port... that'd be insightful of Autel!
From everything we are aware of, that is correct that it would have to be a completely different airframe as the central board is most likely different in that model that has surfaced in the pictures above.

From everything we are aware of, that is correct that it would have to be a completely different airframe as the central board is most likely different in that model that has surfaced in the pictures above.
I was about to pull the trigger on the current Evo II Dual, but after seeing these leaks and the hints provided by Autel enterprise support - it seems very likely something new will be announced in January. It could be the airframe with attachments (I think this is more feasible) - and perhaps RTK module attachment is made available as well. I think it's safe to assume a radiometric sensor won't be available because Boson doesn't make a radiometric sensor variant - and the 640T sensor is made ex-US. I think it's also plausible an enterprise controller - similar to dragonfish controller - may be released as well.

@advexure - Thoughts? And, would you suggest I buy a dual now or wait a few more weeks for a possible newer version?

I was about to pull the trigger on the current Evo II Dual, but after seeing these leaks and the hints provided by Autel enterprise support - it seems very likely something new will be announced in January. It could be the airframe with attachments (I think this is more feasible) - and perhaps RTK module attachment is made available as well. I think it's safe to assume a radiometric sensor won't be available because Boson doesn't make a radiometric sensor variant - and the 640T sensor is made ex-US. I think it's also plausible an enterprise controller - similar to dragonfish controller - may be released as well.

@advexure - Thoughts? And, would you suggest I buy a dual now or wait a few more weeks for a possible newer version?
Correct, no Boson Radiometric... yet. But FLIR Representatives and Thermo News Technologies sources have stated there is a Boson Radiometric sensor that is currently being developed and within short range release and market. That was why I stated “when“ it arrived, it would have a Boson Radiometric sensor and why the 640T currently exits... or soon to release with non-Flir Sensor.

When that occurs, is only an estimate... but certainly won’t be January ‘21... probably 1 year minimum. As suggested, it’ll most likely be a new version, none of the above will be functional with current version.

Last edited:

This is a very good question that certainly comes up in this industry all the time given the way the UAS technology innovates and manufacturers compete. The EVO II Dual is still a young and very new product when looking at the EVO II series and Autel product cycle as a whole. Given the current strong demand and adoption of the EVO II Dual it would certainly be surprising to see any type of new model or version be introduced any time soon.

Autel Robotics USA does operate with different supply chain partners from the rest of Autel Robotics (particularly in Asia) and what we see in the USA/North America market is and may be different than what Autel introduces for other markets. That's not to say that products and versions released in the Asian market won't eventually be released in the NA market.

We can say that a "Smart" or "Enterprise" remote controller compatible with the EVO II series is most definitely in the works (even Autel themselves named the open area in the lower deck of the EVO II GPC Hard Case to be for a "future controller") and inevitable to release sometime early in 2021.

The NA market certainly would love to see a Radiometric payload option for the EVO II, but currently FLIR does not have Boson core that is radiometric as you mention above. The US market really loves FLIR and the inspection vertical primarily demands FLIR sensors compatible with FLIR Tools, so it would be unlikely to see a non-FLIR thermal variant for the USA/NA. That's certainly not to say that FLIR/Autel would not work on a Radiometric camera/payload option if FLIR makes a Radiometric Boson core available in 2021. This would likely just be a payload/camera option for the EVO II series, similar to the market's request for another payload/camera option with greater optical zoom capabilities.

These images out of Asia of an EVO II RTK version as well as an EVO II with modular attachments sure have been quite a tease, but our team is pretty confident it will be some time until we would see these options enter the NA market but anything is certainly possible as the EVO II Dual becomes more and more widespread across many sectors and Autel takes more and more feedback from users and channel partners.

1607804367384.png

Are You sure that be a completely new mainboard etc.? On FCC certaintly are visible 6 spare connecting pads in this area, plus unused place for MCU's with traces to two not soldered sma connectors.

View attachment 9298

Are You sure that be a completely new mainboard etc.? On FCC certaintly are visible 6 spare connecting pads in this area, plus unused place for MCU's with traces to two not soldered sma connectors.

Great observation ? but I don't see a retrofit upgrade being the case that would likely involve having to send in the aircraft for the retrofit to be completed to its MC PCB. Would have to imagine that if Autel were to release an "EVO II RTK" platform it would be a completely different airframe and not something that a regular EVO II could be upgraded to.

Still maybe some service upgrade including only GPS pcb + upper case replacement be possible. Will see after software publication. Really great thoughts if there would not be necessary to buy whole new platform.

I feel, a RTK drone would not really benifit me much. other than laying less GCPs. My maps are very accurate without a RTK drone. I use RTK GNSS receivers for tagging GCPs

Reactions: advexure
Great observation ? but I don't see a retrofit upgrade being the case that would likely involve having to send in the aircraft for the retrofit to be completed to its MC PCB. Would have to imagine that if Autel were to release an "EVO II RTK" platform it would be a completely different airframe and not something that a regular EVO II could be upgraded to.
Is there spot metering on the Evo 2 Dual - US variant?

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials