Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel nano plus drone altitude limit

imcool

Reaction score
hello,

I am getting several different information on this. some sellers are saying otherwise.

Can you confirm what is the altitude limit on Autel nano plus drone? is it 800m?

how can we go more than 800m as the drone is not technically restricted as DJI drones.

Thankyou

hello,

I am getting several different information on this. some sellers are saying otherwise.

Can you confirm what is the altitude limit on Autel nano plus drone? is it 800m?

how can we go more than 800m as the drone is not technically restricted as DJI drones.

Thankyou
I haven't climbed my Nano+ any higher that 400 feet AGL, but the upper limit I can set on the SKY app is 2624 feet (800 metres). Whether the drone would climb this far is a different matter altogether - with such a tiny battery - you'd probably find that the climb might work: but the descent would be a lot faster and powered by gravity instead of electricity.

My DJI Mavic 2 Zoom can climb to 1642 feet (500 metres) if I wanted it to - on the firmware I use with the Mav 2 Zoom, you only get a warning about exceeding the maximum ceiling, if you accept responsibility for your flight: it will allow you to exceed the 400 foot (120 metre) AGL limit. But I genuinely wouldn't recommend it.

Last edited:
Reactions: imcool
I haven't climbed my Nano+ any higher that 400 feet AGL, but the upper limit I can set on the SKY app is 2624 feet (800 metres). Whether the drone would climb this far is a different matter altogether - with such a tiny battery - you'd probably find that the climb might work: but the descent would be a lot faster and powered by gravity instead of electricity.

My DJI Mavic 2 Zoom can climb to 1642 feet (500 metres) if I wanted it to - on the firmware I use with the Mav 2 Zoom, you only get a warning about exceeding the maximum ceiling, if you accept responsibility for your flight: it will allow you to exceed the 400 foot (120 metre) AGL limit. But I genuinely wouldn't recommend it.
so theoretically i can go 800meter but the drone may not climb

400ft 120m is the legal limit..... no matter what drone it is, its hard to believe you dont know that and you plan to go out flying..... ! say no more.
looks like you were born with all the eternal knowledge about universe so my apology I asked a question so miniscule for your eternal intelligence. I hope your working hard to solve all problems in this world and universe.

but KEEP IN YOUR MIND THAT

my drone, my money, my responsibility, my mistake, my consequences. you be karen and enjoy.

...and all Drone flyers reputations... you are what gives the hobby a bad name, and arrogant to boot.... you clearly haven't even bothered to read the drone code, but I see your actually giving out advice, beyond belief... Happy flying.

Last edited:
2500+ feet above take off is jolly high, as has been said you might be hard pressed to get up there and back.

...and all Drone flyers reputations... you are what gives the hobby a bad name, and arrogant to boot.... you clearly haven't even bothered to read the drone code, but I see your actually giving out advice, beyond belief... Happy flying.
and you hold which title in drone community? are you an international president of drone pilots reputation KAREN COMMUNITY, Self proclaimed ambassador.

you sound like a typical hypocrite as you are implying that you live by rules and reputation and all that BS, so did you make your family proud and did right things all your life and went to harvard and are CEO of some company today or still crashing in parent/gf/exwife basement at minimum wage?

• Haha
Reactions: flyingfool
I live in the mountains .. and have climbed my Nano+ and Lite higher than 2,500 ft. up a mountainside, maintaining VLOS w. strobes, and never going above 400 AGL, which is the way max allowable altitude is defined ... not MSL ... but AGL!!

Reactions: kelly1
400ft 120m is the legal limit..... no matter what drone it is, its hard to believe you dont know that and you plan to go out flying..... ! say no more.
400ft AGL, these things called hills and mountains means you can exceed 400ft above take off point but remain <400ft AGL

If you can set it then that as high as it would go just as you would have it for 400... But if you start at the top of a building or mountain then that your new ground level.... Remember. The reason why 400' globally is that the minimum for aircraft is 500' above ground and structures so that leaves a 100' buffer. Also i dont think there are very many species of birds that fly above 500' either.

That said if you're wanting to fly up the side of a building thats above 400' and your on the ground - no one will notice you going higher to film that building. You could be launching from any balcony or even the top. Just keep it close enough to do what you want to film and thats it. The US allows it already for commercial guys but not for private however I don't think anyone would care. Canada doesn't have that above the structure rule- guess you have to already be up there.. Lol.

Just don't fly above 400' out in the open... Last thing you need is you to show up as a radar blip and get everyone else onder revised rules.

more than 500 meters. ( 16440 ft) autelevo nano +

Attachments

• 15 maart 2023 120656 CET.jpg
    15 maart 2023 120656 CET.jpg
    149.7 KB · Views: 1
Not an accurate reply. If I'm flying from Denver Colorado starting at 5,000 ft I can fly an additional 400 ft AGL. If I'm in Truckee California with an elevation of 8,000 ft I can fly to 8400 ft. The nano plus has a launch altitude of 12,000 ft and can go slightly higher than that.

looks like you were born with all the eternal knowledge about universe so my apology I asked a question so miniscule for your eternal intelligence. I hope your working hard to solve all problems in this world and universe.

my drone, my money, my responsibility, my mistake, my consequences. you be karen and enjoy.
Tosser..... try saying your in the US, as all of us who have brain cells are in the UK and follow UK rules..... duuuuu..!

Thinking he meant AGL... Relax.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckster58