Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Nano + and waypoints and missions

Guy Sanderson

Reaction score
I would like to know why there is no Waypoint or mission system for the Nano plus.
I have looked at lots of cheaper drones and most of them offer this. What is wrong with Autel. Are they weak on software or don’t they understand the market.
The cheaper drones are getting as good in specs but outdoing Autel in usage.
If you have to have a 249g drone and you need this software, Autel is out of the game.

please tell me which other less than 250g drone using waypoints or missions OR something at least half as good? i get it there are dozen knockoffs that are pretending....

don't get me wrong, i would love to have waypoints on my nano but i'm not yet ready to say there is an addressable "market" for it. this doesn't count 3rd party sw like litchi for older dji drones but at the same time, it's hard for me to believe we have customers that are choosing the dji mini 2 because they want waypoints.

i understand this is an international forum so i can acknowledge that the desire seems to be there in other countries outside the usa. unfortunately our foreign friends are best served by raising the 250g limit to 1kg.

apparently the sdk will be released soon for the mini 3 pro which means about a year to litchi and/or others. still, i don't see it coming to the year-old nano which doesn't even have rid yet or a smart controller.

Reactions: kelly1
So far from memory.
The Faith 2se, the tucock ,the Fimi x8 mini. Hubsan Zino Mini.
I’ll update this list as I go.

I don’t think the rules will be changed as the uptake of drones is increasing exponentially. Rules will probably get tighter.
The SDK would help but why not just develop the sky app to be competitive. Then snatch more of the market.

sorry i didn't do a good job explaining when i used the word "pretending." :)

i think the mini 3 pro and the autel nano competes very well in the sub-250g category in the areas that count and frankly the only few that count: camera, oa, follow me, battery life, price, support, registration.

Yes. I agree with that. I’m just saying that the waypoint and mission features are so common they should be standard .
I think the Hubsan is very close on specs as well.

Reactions: kenautelevo2pro
I guess the best we can hope for is for Autel to release the SDK and for Lichi to make an app with waypoints.

Waypoints are on other Autel drones, so let us have it Autel. I bought this drone in partial expectation that Waypoints would come eventually - I can (can't) wait !
My needs are simple, goto A,B,C, wait for me to take photos and continue mission. I dont need to map terrain, but I'm sure some will want to. What do you want Autel, micro-transactions for features? Take it...$$$$$

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller