Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Make The Switch

Found this today on RCGroups posted by Mad_angler1. It spells out the actual amounts offered by Autel in the trade-ins. Draw your own conclusions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watched a video today and the trade-in values are honestly a joke.
Up to $400 credit for a perfectly working Mavic 2 Pro or Mavic 2 Zoom with all accessories.

Parrot Anafi users can get up to $160 off.
Yuneec H Plus owners who want to trade in 360 full rotation, retracts and some of the best camera controls on any model can get a maximum of up to $260 off a new Evo.

An X-Star Premium gets you up to $120 off a new EVO's full MSRP price.

These "generous" prices are all based on A Grade products, in full working condition, with only minor signs of use, and also requires turning in all original accessories, and you must still have the original retail packaging.

I have to agree. The prices are a bit insulting. At least for me, who had to save up and spend a week sleeping with the dog, to buy my Evo.

The beauty of it all, is you do not need to accept the offer. You can always do the leg work, sell it on your own and buy an Evo in special price.

Reactions: DivePanama and G_G
So I have to wonder what the reasoning is behind this silly "trade in" offer? How many of us can't find someone to give us $120 bucks for an XSP? PM me and I'll give you $150 all day long.

So now that we know the market is slim for people that want to dump their drone for basically nothing, what exactly is the reasoning behind pi$$ing everyone off with an insulting offer that will probably be applied against the MSRP price of the drone?

Last edited:
So I have to wonder what the reasoning is behind this silly "trade in" offer? How many of us can't find someone to give us $120 bucks for an XSP? PM me and I'll give you $150 all day long. So now that we know the market is slim for people that want to dump their drone for basically nothing, what exactly is the reasoning behind pi$$ing everyone off with an insulting offer?
It is a silly offer but I think it's more towards people that have more money than people like most of us. I could easily sell mine for 450-500 tomorrow if i wanted but I'm still not over the fad of owning it and I don't feel I need to move on to newer better (for the little extra I get compared to what I have). Mine is still like new with only one tip over on my first flight.
Hell, I paid $400 for mine with 2 batteries and it only had 2 flights when I got it. Now it's still like new with one basically new battery and the other has less than 40 charges likely (i've bought a new battery and the other was replaced under warranty since I bought it).

Reactions: Ansia and Squerly
So I have to wonder what the reasoning is behind this silly "trade in" offer? How many of us can't find someone to give us $120 bucks for an XSP? PM me and I'll give you $150 all day long.

So now that we know the market is slim for people that want to dump their drone for basically nothing, what exactly is the reasoning behind pi$$ing everyone off with an insulting offer that will probably be applied against the MSRP price of the drone?
It's a marketing ploy to slam DJI. They really don't expect you to accept their trade-in offer, but if you do, you can't go back to your trade-in. Win-Win for Autel.
WHY MAKE THE SWITCH?
Autel Robotics manufactures aerial imaging platforms with it's U.S. headquarters based out of Bothell, Washington.

• We are the only manufacturer that offers a folding, compact drone that captures video in 4k60 in H.265 or H.264. Allowing it's users to capture high energy movement in slow-motion not possible with other drones.

• Data, it's yours and we respect that. We do not capture images, flight logs, personal information etc to send back to a foreign country. What you share is your choice and anything you upload stays on a server here in the United States.

• Airspace guidance. We provide the necessary tools to inform you, as the pilot, to make the correct and safe decisions on where and when to fly. But we never lock you out of using your drone. This is a tool, and it needs to work when you need it to. Same goes with firmware. Autel Robotics never stops you from taking off due to a missed firmware update. Dismiss the notification and choose when it is convenient for you to perform the update.

1472ec330072a450fe0ebae06b2468ac469597df8d4e9bae406a5d0000f5efa8.png

With so many reasons to make the switch to a new EVO. We want to make it even easier by putting value back into your older hardware.

Reactions: Ansia
Don't be so hard on Autel. These kinds of trade-ins are common with many companies. Sure, you could do better doing a direct sale, if you want to go through all that trouble. But for those who can afford it, dont want to go through a sales process nor have the time to do it, this is a reasonalbe, optional, alternative to get a new EVO. It's a free market. You can take it or leave it. But it is geared for those like I described above. Quick & easy.

Don't be so hard on Autel. These kinds of trade-ins are common with many companies. Sure, you could do better doing a direct sale, if you want to go through all that trouble. But for those who can afford it, dont want to go through a sales process nor have the time to do it, this is a reasonalbe, optional, alternative to get a new EVO. It's a free market. You can take it or leave it. But it is geared for those like I described above. Quick & easy.
For the most part, IMHO, the trade-ins are a significant downgrade from far better equipment, while offering a mere $400 credit for a Mavic 2 Pro that still sells new for $1499. Autel is also only offering credits toward the current MSRP $999 price of the EVO, which can be bought without any trade-in for $400 less, if you wait to buy at the lowest offer with a $279 Fly More bundle included, and a free $100 BB gift card.

Last edited:
Reactions: DivePanama
Of course your comment is only your opinion and really should not be taken as gospel am I correct or is this a DJI fanboy commit which makes you a troll on our forum?
I doubt anyone would dispute that trading in a brand new $1500 Mavic 2 Pro to receive a $400 credit towards a $999 EVO price would be a downgrade. All objective EVO comparisons are to the Mavic Pro Platinum, and not the Mavic 2. I am far from a DJI fanboy, and I also still own an EVO because it has its place. I am also not the author of the post which I quoted above, supplying the trade-in prices and downgrade characterization. It was his opinion, and I happen to agree. Feel free to disagree. This is not about the EVO, but about the trade-in program, which most agree is insulting, even to existing Autel owners looking to upgrade to an EVO, from an X-Star Premium, with only a $120 credit available.

I doubt anyone would dispute that trading in a brand new $1500 Mavic 2 Pro to receive a $400 credit towards a $999 EVO price would be a downgrade. All objective EVO comparisons are to the Mavic Pro Platinum, and not the Mavic 2. I am far from a DJI fanboy, and I also still own an EVO because it has its place. I am also not the author of the post which I quoted above, supplying the trade-in prices and downgrade characterization. It was his opinion, and I happen to agree. Feel free to disagree. This is not about the EVO, but about the trade-in program, which most agree is insulting, even to existing Autel owners looking to upgrade to an EVO, from an X-Star Premium, with only a $120 credit available.
No one needs to give their M2P or any other drone for $400. That is what they offer. If you want to take it, go ahead, if not walk away. That is how business works.

No one needs to give their M2P or any other drone for $400. That is what they offer. If you want to take it, go ahead, if not walk away. That is how business works.
I thought this thread was a general discussion about the our individual opinions about the merits or lack thereof in the new Autel trade-in program. Whether I personally want to avail myself of it is irrelevant, as I don't need another EVO. However, since our user community is discussing the trade-in program, the specific trade-in credits and the EVO price against which they will be credited are critical to evaluating the trade-in program vs. alternative discounted bundle purchases that allow you to keep your existing equipment. Each fully informed community member can then make the best decision for themselves, how they wish to make their EVO purchase, if they are currently in the market for another EVO.

I thought this thread was a general discussion about the our individual opinions about the merits or lack thereof in the new Autel trade-in program. Whether I personally want to avail myself of it is irrelevant, as I don't need another EVO. However, since our user community is discussing the trade-in program, the specific trade-in credits and the EVO price against which they will be credited are critical to evaluating the trade-in program vs. alternative discounted bundle purchases that allow you to keep your existing equipment. Each fully informed community member can then make the best decision for themselves, how they wish to make their EVO purchase, if they are currently in the market for another EVO.
You are 100% correct, but you already made your point in post 21 when you first posted the price, then brought it again in posts 24, 30, and 32.

You are 100% correct, but you already made your point in post 21 when you first posted the price, then brought it again in posts 24, 30, and 32.
Sorry for apparently beating a dead horse, but it appeared from the intervening posts that my point might have been lost. Mea culpa.

Sorry for apparently beating a dead horse, but it appeared from the intervening posts that my point might have been lost. Mea culpa.

G_G all you have to do is search back about how upset I and many others were at Autel when they dropped the X-Star for the EVO. Many of us posted our disappointment with the company but we moved on from that. You seem to feel you have been ripped off from your purchase and thats fine but trust me when I say this; people on this forum are getting tired of you always comparing Autel to DJI. This is not why they joined a Autel forum to listen to someone who keeps putting down Autel and praising the one company they hate. So bury that dead horse already.

G_G all you have to do is search back about how upset I and many others were at Autel when they dropped the X-Star for the EVO. Many of us posted our disappointment with the company but we moved on from that. You seem to feel you have been ripped off from your purchase and thats fine but trust me when I say this; people on this forum are getting tired of you always comparing Autel to DJI. This is not why they joined a Autel forum to listen to someone who keeps putting down Autel and praising the one company they hate. So bury that dead horse already.
I appreciate your insights. I never owned an X-Star and only joined Autelpilots after purchasing the EVO, so that prior history of being upset at Autel is new to me, and duly noted. However, you are attributing motives to me that I do not possess. Not sure where you got the idea that I am in any way praising the DJI company, that everyone hates. I hate DJI the company as much as you do, but they do make great drones, as did Autel, when they made the EVO. It's about the drones, not the manufacturers. Many EVO owners also own DJI drones because of the more complete feature set they require. Are they now traitors? I was not ripped off in my EVO purchase. It was and still is a good value, and I haven't seen a better deal offered since. However, without comparing the drones themselves, how else can one learn of the strengths and weaknesses of each drone to determine suitability? I'm a drone pilot first, and not a company loyalist to any one brand, which is why I bought the EVO and am seeking solutions to its weaknesses, so its strengths can better be exploited. Am I not allowed to compare the EVO to the current DJI drones, and ask for similar features, which are FW and app dependent, that would improve the EVO? That's been my goal all along, in also initially working with the Autel developers, but it appears aftermarket solutions will be required. DJI also offers a worthless trade-in program. Not a fan of trade-in programs. Dead horse buried.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fischcrazy