Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Make The Switch

Although I haven't had any issues yet (hope it stays that way), I completely understand where you are coming from.

Reactions: Tufargon
Will be interesting to see how much people get for their trade-ins.

I would think that to be horrible advertising on Autel's part.

i.e., we sold it to you and it's worth nothing now. BTW, please buy another one from us.

I would think that to be horrible advertising on Autel's part.

i.e., we sold it to you and it's worth nothing now. BTW, please buy another one from us.
Or, you liked us before and you'd like to upgrade with our discount because you already like our products?

Reactions: Squerly
Sounds like a good idea. Shipping any of my 3 drones back to them would kill me in shipping fees. As tempting as it is I think I will just use what I have now. Other then 4K 60FPS the EVO has nothing to offer me. :rolleyes:

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
So the XSP is on the list now? Overnight? Or was it always on the list and my browser just wasn't sized correctly?

So the XSP is on the list now? Overnight? Or was it always on the list and my browser just wasn't sized correctly?

Not sure when it was added. I first read the post last night on my phone but this morning I visited the Autel site and that is what I had found for trade ins. I have four I could trade in so they would owe me money plus a new EVO IMHO LOL

Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I don't know if that is the case, but what if they pay shipping? Taking care of those old drones you hardly fly and getting an Evo for little to no cost isn't a bad trade.

Will be interesting to see how much people get for their trade-ins.
Exactly, and what price Autel will apply it to!

A trade-in program is just another way of discounting your poorly selling inventory, without officially lowering the sales price. The current lowest selling price of the $999 EVO included the $279 Fly More Bundle and offered a $100 BestBuy Gift Card. That works out to $899 for the EVO with the Fly More Bundle of two more batteries and a shoulder bag. Any trade-in value will undoubtably be credited against full MSRP prices, and not the discounted bundle prices we have been seeing. The trade-in values have deliberately not been specified, even in gross ranges, and are the key. Often, a third party is the one doing the evaluation and would actually be paying Autel in cash for say 50% of the typical resale value, so the third party can still double their money, while Autel only applies a credit of the cash received to the full MSRP price of any Autel equipment sold. However, based upon current lowest EVO selling prices previously seen at Best Buy, Autel could offer up to $379 in trade-in value on ANY drone, in ANY condition, and throw the trade-in drone into the trash, and not be offering anything different than they already have previously!

I know a savvy guy who used to sell timeshares for a living, and over beers, he shared some of their many sales scams with me. The timeshare trade-in scam was one of the cleverest. The resort would accept any timeshare you already owned elsewhere as a trade-in towards their current timeshare offerings. They applied the nominal grossly discounted trade-in "credit" (say 10% of what the buyer had originally paid) to the highest offering price their current timeshare was ever sold at, instead of also applying all the even larger discounts they normally would have offered without the trade-in. When the transaction was finalized, they would then tell the buyer to please donate the timeshare to their favorite charity, as the resort really had no interest in it! Buyer traded in his timeshare to get a discount, and then got it back at the close to give it away to charity! What a concept! Autel is doing the same thing! There is no free lunch! Don't be a sucker!
rolleyes.gif

Reactions: Squerly
We shall see.

I filled out the "trade in" form on the Autel site. Short time later, I received an email asking for the price I paid for the drone, the condition of the drone, and what accessories I had. I'm still waiting for an answer/offer to what they'll give me for my XSP.

If it's a fair value then I'll consider it. If it's a scam, as described in G_G's post, I'll take the Evo off my consideration list forever. Too many really good drones available on the market to put up with that nonsense.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe Kelly