Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Lite+ vs Mavic Air 2S vs Mavic 3 Timelapse Mode - Yikes!

The Lite is a good drone but has serious camera issues and wind resistant issues. I also have the same issues doing a time-lapse or hyper lapse, the camera wanders all the time, during a normal video it works good.

This shouldn't be happening on a drone this expensive.

Good thing I'm looking to buy this drone for its camera clarity only!

It's quite noticeable with the drone landed, when doing a timelapse or attempting a long exposure, let's hope it's fixed soon in the next firmware.

It's quite noticeable with the drone landed, when doing a timelapse or attempting a long exposure, let's hope it's fixed soon in the next firmware.
So the camera is moving even when the drone is on the ground? I didn't even look for that. So surely it's not a wind issue.

Reactions: DARKSeifer
So the camera is moving even when the drone is on the ground? I didn't even look for that. So surely it's not a wind issue.

Yep, it's not a wind thing, is the gimbal that keeps wandering around a bit so long exposures and hyperlapses will be affected. Recalibrating the gimbal/IMU dones't fix the problem, it can only be fixed by Autel on a firmware update.

Reactions: bkushner
I gave up and returned mine. Might revisit if they get it together. Very unhappy about the lack of support. I started emailing them before Chinese NY about issues and never received a reply since.

Reactions: DARKSeifer
I gave up and returned mine. Might revisit if they get it together. Very unhappy about the lack of support. I started emailing them before Chinese NY about issues and never received a reply since.

Perfectly understandable, although the drone itself is quite awesome, just like the Mavic 3 on it's launch it's an unfinished product.

I would expect some bugs at launch on a low cost drone under 300€, but on a 1.700€ drone it's not acceptable. I'ts been a while since the last patch, so the drone is basically devaluating while it's unusable for video, hyperlapse and long exposures.

I'm not in a hurry to return it because wandering gimball is a major factory defect, so it's under standard warranty cover and there isn't a better foldable drone for photography out there that doesn't violate your privacy.

Perfectly understandable, although the drone itself is quite awesome, just like the Mavic 3 on it's launch it's an unfinished product.

I would expect some bugs at launch on a low cost drone under 300€, but on a 1.700€ drone it's not acceptable. I'ts been a while since the last patch, so the drone is basically devaluating while it's unusable for video, hyperlapse and long exposures.

I'm not in a hurry to return it because wandering gimball is a major factory defect, so it's under standard warranty cover and there isn't a better foldable drone for photography out there that doesn't violate your privacy.
Well that’s my biggest concern I’ve been writing support since early February 6 weeks ago and have not gotten a single response from them of any kind. I think they’re all stretched out with the nano problems and are ignoring this but yes for $1700 unacceptable.

Well that’s my biggest concern I’ve been writing support since early February 6 weeks ago and have not gotten a single response from them of any kind. I think they’re all stretched out with the nano problems and are ignoring this but yes for $1700 unacceptable.
Same here. It seems Autel support is non-existent and that's a real concern.

Reactions: bkushner
Below is the email I got from Autel and my reply to them today as we now on the 18th and still no firmware. I suggest everyone floods this lady in support with emails and they will soon get this resolved.

Screen Shot 2022-03-18 at 16.42.39.png

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coastaldrone