Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel FLIR Camera

Amish_58

Reaction score
I hope I didn’t miss this information if it was posted on the forum....but whatever became of the FLIR camera Autel was going to make available for purchase? I don’t see any information on Autels website about it anymore.

They said they could not get it to work the way they wanted it to so they dropped the idea the same time they dropped the x-star line.
Lots of disappointed people. Lots of people bought into the x-star just for the flir camera for S&R. Small county police departments on a small budgets were just furious at Autel after spending what money they had for drones and not getting the promised Flir camera.

And, those of us who bought the XSP for the promise of an upgraded camera period. A promised high-end camera was dropped as well. Autel said it would have been as expensive as the drone itself, so it was killed... :(

Thanks for the information. I am still surprised they killed the X-Star drone as it wasn’t even on the market that long!

Reactions: Downunderpilot
Thanks for the information. I am still surprised they killed the X-Star drone as it wasn’t even on the market that long!

2 years, thats a long time for any of these prosumer camera drones. What they needed to do was update it every 6-8 months like DJI does with its phantom series.

The Flir duo (120 res) camera did come out last year...there is a gimbal adapter for the P3...maybe this would work on the XSP as well?....FLIR Duo mount for Phantom 3 Pro/Adv (HD video downlink)

On the topic of thermal mounts to drones, my work is looking at this P4 model and setup, which includes the FLIR
View Pro R (640 res) riding piggie back on a P4Advanced...DSLRPros FLIR Vue Pro Thermal Bundle w/Free Travel Case (For Phantom 4 Pro & Advance)
Top of the line RGB and Thermal camera specs for under $9000, extra batteries and hard case included.

When I was buying Yuneec Quads one of them I had bought was the Yuneec Typhoon G. Same as the Typhoon 4K but the camera gimbal is a GoPro mount with the included MK58 Digital Video Downlink.
Screen_Shot_2015-08-17_at_10.59.05_PM_1024x1024.png

The Duel Flir was not out at the time but one of the fellows from the yuneec forum used the Flir Vue Pro 360 in the mount and it worked great. That Flir was just a little over $3600 bucks I think at the time. He used the A\V out and modified the A\V cable to supply power to the camera so no external battery was needed. The video feed could be seen on the ST10+ controller and he had lots of fun tracking down bunny rabbits in the field across from his house. :)

There's a Parrot Pro Thermal available for 1500 bucks, drone, Thermal cam, remote and extras all included. Pretty affordable.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo