Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo2 Dual Sling Loads. PFDs and electronic monitoring systems are easy.

I did not see this posted on the forum yet but I thought it could be of interest to some.

The person who made this had this to say:
"For a compact form factor, the Evo2 has a BEAST of a propulsion system on it !! I'm now excited about doing the propulsion system analysis in the test matrix !!! The sling load bracket turned out perfect. It's precision CNC machined T6 billet aluminum construction that utilizes the Fox Fury harness that's already included in the rugged pack. "

I did not see this posted on the forum yet but I thought it could be of interest to some.

"For a compact form factor, the Evo2 has a BEAST of a propulsion system on it !! I'm now excited about doing the propulsion system analysis in the test matrix !!! The sling load bracket turned out perfect. It's precision CNC machined T6 billet aluminum construction that utilizes the Fox Fury harness that's already included in the rugged pack. "

Hello. We purchase two of these brackets for our fleet of drones. Took to get them. We gave this problem to our STEM class and they designed and 3D printed some in a few minutes. The file available on Thingiverse. We have tested them with the toss rescue rope and a dummy swimmer in a pool. and they work fine.. This is part of our CERT youth training program. This summer will probably test them with a live swimmer victim in a lake, and also lift capacities. for the Autel EVO and the Autel EVO 2 for top and bottom loads. We will puibli9sh this with the next video. We also have the new Foxfurry Exolander payload ( a non electric device to compare it too). Follow us on Youtube MECATX. Here is a link to one of the videos. This a great drone and has the great video transmission system for multiple monitorings.

Thank you for your post.

I have one of these also, but could not work out a drop system using it that did not require someone on the receiving end to release the load.

Evo II payload drop system using a system designed for the Dji M2. Only changes are for the sensor that mounts to the navigation light.

This system works perfectly without any modifications to the release mechanism. You will need to modify the mount for the sensor that is triggered by the navigation light.

With a 1" piece of 1"id sch 40 pvc, a Dremel, 3" of small wire to extend the lead for the sensor and about 1hr your done

The system does not sit lower than the bottom of my Dual camera.

I know it is not a out of the box solution, but finding a drop system that does not have to be modified to fit on the airframe, does not interfere with sensors or ground clearance is nice.

I have some photoresistors and power connectors coming tomorrow to use one of the landing lights as the trigger for load release.

Sorry for the delay in posting.

Put together a sensor for the landing light. 1/8" foam with the sensor sandwiched in-between using 3M dual lock to secure. As expected it works perfectly. Now that I have tried both sensors, I like the ease of clipping on and off the nav light sensor best. I have also shortened the sling leg to 4' which lessons the oscillations of the load.

"Note"
The exposed connections to the sensor are coated with silicone.

Attachments

• thumbnail_20210531_115647.jpg
    thumbnail_20210531_115647.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 8
  • thumbnail_20210531_120024.jpg
    thumbnail_20210531_120024.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 8
  • thumbnail_20210531_120056.jpg
    thumbnail_20210531_120056.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 8
I suppose that at some point I should show the 3D printed version of this. Ive made many mods for my Dual using one of my 12 or so 3D printers. The parts can be made far lighter than using metal.

A payload attach point capable of lifting hundreds of pounds is not required so the use of aluminum is overkill. It can be desigend and made far cheaper and lighter using plastics to holds a couple pounds since thats the max payload the drone can muster. The 3D printed parts are deigned with a 10 times safety factor meaning they can support 10 pounds without fail and sill weigh less and be more adaptable than metal. But what Ive seen in this thread is very impressive.

Its the release system I would be interested in as I dont have a method of remotely releasing a payload from a distance. Ive not solved that issue yet.

Exploring new Tech. for big game recovery | Ron's outdoor blog.

Good to hear others are using 3D printing to make attachments for the Autel Evo 2 system. here is a video to a sling load bracket. We had purchased two of these, and then some of our mentored STEM/STEAM students decided they could reverse engineer one. They are middle school students interested in CERT's training. Here is a link to the video which has a link to the *.stl file we put on Thingiverse. We are hoping more will place files there that can be downloaded free. This knowledge needs to be shared with our youth. Our school district is purchased many micro-drones and 3D printers for this fall semester. they need to work on real world problems and objects. Thanks for your efforts. I will post also a table of top and bottom payloads that we are working on. ( could not find a way to attachment this file - email [email protected] )

I have some photoresistors and power connectors coming tomorrow to use one of the landing lights as the trigger for load release.
Here is a link to a good release system However, they went out of business. We are trying to reverse engineer it, with a servo motor. man examples of 3D printed release mechanisms on youtube.. One video at least has the *.stl file on thingiiverse.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy