Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo2 Dual Sling Loads. PFDs and electronic monitoring systems are easy.

Jagerbomb52

Reaction score
I did not see this posted on the forum yet but I thought it could be of interest to some.

The person who made this had this to say:
"For a compact form factor, the Evo2 has a BEAST of a propulsion system on it !! I'm now excited about doing the propulsion system analysis in the test matrix !!! The sling load bracket turned out perfect. It's precision CNC machined T6 billet aluminum construction that utilizes the Fox Fury harness that's already included in the rugged pack. "

We have created an alternative to the sling mount that is better suited for our needs for a true search spotlight than the small lights that come with the sling, we created a new sling style mount that allows attachment of rail style as well as 1/4 screw style , and go pro mounted attachments. It also holds our navigations strobes. This allows us to attach two high power long throw streamlight HL, or a streamlight and laser that gives us an effective search light as well as laser spot. We can also attach a payload via the attachment at the bottom. Its lightweight and did not impact flight times. Works very well for public safety and lets us use the spotlight and laser to direct ground crews to the area we need.

Attachments

• 20201212_164559_resized.jpg
    20201212_164559_resized.jpg
    485.9 KB · Views: 28
  • 20201212_164630_resized.jpg
    20201212_164630_resized.jpg
    476.2 KB · Views: 28
  • target 3.jpg
    target 3.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 28
  • target 5.jpg
    target 5.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 27
We have created an alternative to the sling mount that is better suited for our needs for a true search spotlight than the small lights that come with the sling, we created a new sling style mount that allows attachment of rail style as well as 1/4 screw style , and go pro mounted attachments. It also holds our navigations strobes. This allows us to attach two high power long throw streamlight HL, or a streamlight and laser that gives us an effective search light as well as laser spot. We can also attach a payload via the attachment at the bottom. Its lightweight and did not impact flight times. Works very well for public safety and lets us use the spotlight and laser to direct ground crews to the area we need.

Nicely done @scott1445. What's the total weight on the harness you've printed along with the two streamlights? Power output of those lights looks pretty awesome.

FYI – The Sling Payload Bracket is used for slinging SAR payloads for delivery and is simply a bracket that attaches to the FoxFury Lighting Harness Saddle in the EVO II Lighting Kit to provide a strong mounting point for attachment of a carabiner.

Check out the new EXOLANDER and D100 Spotlight which is a 2,300 lumen output spotlight. Maybe you'll be inspired to spin up the 3D printer for some more ways to meet more use cases! :)

Nicely done @scott1445. What's the total weight on the harness you've printed along with the two streamlights? Power output of those lights looks pretty awesome.

FYI – The Sling Payload Bracket is used for slinging SAR payloads for delivery and is simply a bracket that attaches to the FoxFury Lighting Harness Saddle in the EVO II Lighting Kit to provide a strong mounting point for attachment of a carabiner.

Check out the new EXOLANDER and D100 Spotlight which is a 2,300 lumen output spotlight. Maybe you'll be inspired to spin up the 3D printer for some more ways to meet more use cases! :)
10.1 oz for the mount and lights with 2- streamlight TLR-1 HL specs below on lights. We also run a laser on one side if needed. This ends up being a lightweight option, and versatile with a very effective beam pattern and generally low cost. Streamlights run around 120 per unit, and the mount needless to say we make ourselves. We have modified the mount to allow attachment to the bottom like the one currently out for the other sling mount that comes with it. We also also working on a release system to attach to this that will run off servo so allow remote drop of payload by turning on the nav lights (optical sensor) so no manual release needed. Plus with the streamlights we can use them on the Matrice or any other aircraft which we also have a rail mounts for. Thus you get multiple use types

• 1,000 lumens; runs 1.5 hours
  • Wide beam pattern lights up large areas; ideal for clearing a room or searching an alley
  • Powered by two CR123A lithium batteries
  • Beam Distance
    283 meters

Attachments

• 20210123_110201.jpg
    20210123_110201.jpg
    841.3 KB · Views: 23
  • 20201120_180819_resized.jpg
    20201120_180819_resized.jpg
    617.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 20201120_182801_resized.jpg
    20201120_182801_resized.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 23
  • ei_1607811683953-removebg-preview.png
    ei_1607811683953-removebg-preview.png
    147.9 KB · Views: 23
  • ei_1607811758758-removebg-preview (3).png
    ei_1607811758758-removebg-preview (3).png
    678.5 KB · Views: 22
  • MAX_0011.JPG
    MAX_0011.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 21
  • target 4.jpg
    target 4.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 20
Reactions: advexure
I suppose that at some point I should show the 3D printed version of this. Ive made many mods for my Dual using one of my 12 or so 3D printers. The parts can be made far lighter than using metal.

A payload attach point capable of lifting hundreds of pounds is not required so the use of aluminum is overkill. It can be desigend and made far cheaper and lighter using plastics to holds a couple pounds since thats the max payload the drone can muster. The 3D printed parts are deigned with a 10 times safety factor meaning they can support 10 pounds without fail and sill weigh less and be more adaptable than metal. But what Ive seen in this thread is very impressive.

Its the release system I would be interested in as I dont have a method of remotely releasing a payload from a distance. Ive not solved that issue yet.

Exploring new Tech. for big game recovery | Ron's outdoor blog.

Last edited:
Reactions: advexure
I suppose that at some point I should show the 3D printed version of this. Ive made many mods for my Dual using one of my 12 or so 3D printers. THe parts can be made far lighter than using metal.

Its the release system I would be interested in as I dont have a method of remotely releasing a payload from a distance. Ive not solved that issue yet.

Exploring new Tech. for big game recovery | Ron's outdoor blog.

Cool blog ? very neat

Reactions: TSL
3D is the best lightweight and can mod on the fly as models and attachments change which is why we like the non proprietary mount , as it allows expansion without having to use the slide clip which can spin

It is 3d printed.....so im confused as to what your asking? we designed and 3d printed it along with all the attachments

Reactions: PingSpike
That was a small attachment for the sling that comes with the autel 2, that is by flyhigh usa. Its a nice option for the original sling mount, can we have also made that in 3d print but the cnc is sturdier for payload so we prefer that

10.1 oz for the mount and lights with 2- streamlight TLR-1 HL specs below on lights. We also run a laser on one side if needed. This ends up being a lightweight option, and versatile with a very effective beam pattern and generally low cost. Streamlights run around 120 per unit, and the mount needless to say we make ourselves. We have modified the mount to allow attachment to the bottom like the one currently out for the other sling mount that comes with it. We also also working on a release system to attach to this that will run off servo so allow remote drop of payload by turning on the nav lights (optical sensor) so no manual release needed. Plus with the streamlights we can use them on the Matrice or any other aircraft which we also have a rail mounts for. Thus you get multiple use types

• 1,000 lumens; runs 1.5 hours
  • Wide beam pattern lights up large areas; ideal for clearing a room or searching an alley