Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO III "Leaks" over at DroneDJ.com

spicynujac

Reaction score
do not forget that the release of an Evo 3 will surely mean the abandonment of the Evo 2 v2 since the Evo 2 v1 is already obsolete. Think carefully .
How exactly is the Evo 2 obsolete?
Still getting new features all the time, best camera, new autopilot modes came this year.

Here I am thinking I still have the best drone on the market...

herein2021

Reaction score
How exactly is the Evo 2 obsolete?
Here I am thinking I still have the best drone on the market...

He/she did mention the V1 specifically. I still agree with you, mine is a V1 and it is far from obsolete, but I do think it would be rather challenging getting a V1 controller if mine were to break. Other than that, my V1 flies like the day I got it and is still paying for itself nearly daily.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper

OldBlueHeron

Reaction score
I would argue the v1 is less obsolete then the v2. They’re both less obsolete then the Nano or the Lite. Those have been forgotten by Autel. 🤣

Reactions: markhoutx

Dale EVO 2 V2

Reaction score
I love my EVO II Pro V2 and my Smart Controller V2 but I really feel I have obsolescence in my V2 equipment. Almost $5,000.00 Canadian dollars wrapped up and I feel I have been left at the station. AlienTech antenna booster was another $600.00 that seems to be wasted too. I was getting just as much distance with the SMA antennas. The DJI people waited a long while and upgraded their existing equipment before throwing all their money at something “new and improved” and forgetting their legacy customers at the “station”. I believe Autel dumped their CEO Randall Wornos because he called them on these points and they couldn’t afford to move ahead with a CEO who had the vision of taking care of their older customers. Autel feels they can only survive with new “money” and new “products”. I strongly disagree.

Last edited:
Reactions: herein2021

herein2021

Reaction score
I love my EVO II Pro V2 and my Smart Controller V2 but I really feel I have obsolescence in my V2 equipment. Almost $5,000.00 Canadian dollars wrapped up and I feel I have been left at the station. AlienTech antenna booster was another $600.00 that seems to be wasted too. I was getting just as much distance with the SMA antennas. The DJI people waited a long while and upgraded their existing equipment before throwing all their money at something “new and improved” and forgetting their legacy customers at the “station”. I believe Autel dumped their CEO Randall Wornos because he called them on these points and they couldn’t afford to move ahead with a CEO who had the vision of taking care of their older customers. Autel feels they can only survive with new “money” and new “products”. I strongly disagree.

Your buyers regret is why I don't buy anything other than batteries, a case, and a tablet holder when I buy into a drone system.

Drones, especially Autel drones, aren't really like anything else on the market today. They have a very limited life (2yrs is the average according to one study that I read awhile back), they are expensive when compared to many other things that last longer, and even if you don't crash your drone with two years, with Autel you will be unable to get batteries within 3yrs (if history is any indication of the future).

That's why I would never buy a smart controller, or filter kit, or range extender...etc. They are just expensive accessories that you are buying for an ecosystem with a very short shelf life.

Dale EVO 2 V2

Reaction score
Your buyers regret is why I don't buy anything other than batteries, a case, and a tablet holder when I buy into a drone system.

Drones, especially Autel drones, aren't really like anything else on the market today. They have a very limited life (2yrs is the average according to one study that I read awhile back), they are expensive when compared to many other things that last longer, and even if you don't crash your drone with two years, with Autel you will be unable to get batteries within 3yrs (if history is any indication of the future).

That's why I would never buy a smart controller, or filter kit, or range extender...etc. They are just expensive accessories that you are buying for an ecosystem with a very short shelf life.
If I thought the way you do then I wouldn't buy ANY drone on the open market.

I have had Phantom drones from DJI that were 5 or 6 years old. Still fly great and batteries and other accessories are still available.

I don't see a doomsday clock ticking on my Phantom drones or my EVO 2 Pro V2. I'm not smelling what you're stepping in..........Hmmm.

Felix the Cat

Reaction score
Never mind the all-singing all-dancing new models. Autel would be better serving its customer base by fixing all the bugs and filling in all the blanks in their existing drones. Apart from that - you can guarantee that the EVO III: NANO++: LITE v.2 will be just as buggy and short on features as all the others have been. Something the Faithful will only discover AFTER they have forked out a disgusting amount of money for a 3/4 finished product.

Reactions: Agustine

Felix the Cat

Reaction score
That’s complete nonsense.. DJI drones do force landings and have caught many people with their pants down. Especially when DJI activates a TFR when they have no rights to do so?

How do I know so much about DJI and their geo fencing? well let’s just say I worked for them for many years and actually was one of four people with the authority to unlock craft .
This is true. Geofencing forces the UAV towards the ground at about 30 degree downward angle. My oppo was flying his Mav Pro and had forgotten to port his unlock certificate to the aircraft. As he approached the locked zone, it was like he had hit a soft net and his drone had no stick control. Forced landing. This was the single biggest reason why I bought Autel: no enforced geofencing... YET... arbitrary DJI geozones have made multiple legitimate deployments a real pain in the arse - a lot of the blue locked areas are STILL airfields and military sites that are defunct and haven't been used since World War 2. The same with exclusively interior shoots (the one reason I bought the Nano+). The drone never gets to see the open sky: it is being used to shoot internal architectural features; but if the built asset is inside a blue or red zone: it's time to jump through red-tape hoops instead of just getting the job done.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sosiskin