Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO (EU) and FORCE FCC

Ok this is what I have done:
Activated FakeGPS and set to US location; the smartphone was in AIRPLANE mode.
First switched on the application, than RC and than connected by USB cable (I do not know why, but the app do not want to autostart and every time I need to start by tap)
than, after RC and app are linked, i switch on the EVO, with my hand covering the top and soon after removing my hand.
The power output is really low, about 0.09 mwatt
3) not tested.
That's interesting. Output is lower than the CE mode. Maybe it is "RFPower.Unknown" status(this is the only clue I can guess since the firmware code is hidden)

It is important to know how it decides its mode. by GPS, by cellular provider, by IP, or by the drone's GPS w/ the firmware

and tonight(Korean time) I will upload an app with the DEBUGGABLE parameter on here. Somebody please install the app and upload the app data.

One more thing I want to ask is about the types of EVO. In the title it says EVO(EU). Are firmwares different with the US one? Recently a guy in Korea bought an EVO from the US, and his drone can fly more than 2km(it was testes in the countryside tho)

Last edited:
Reactions: lukappaseidue
That's interesting. Output is lower than the CE mode. Maybe it is "RFPower.Unknown" status(this is the only clue I can guess since the firmware code is hidden)

It is important to know how it decides its mode. by GPS, by cellular provider, by IP, or by the drone's GPS w/ the firmware

and tonight(Korean time) I will upload an app with the DEBUGGABLE parameter on here. Somebody please install the app and upload the app data.

One more thing I want to ask is about the types of EVO. In the title it says EVO(EU). Are firmwares different with the US one? Recently a guy in Korea bought an EVO from the US, and his drone can fly more than 2km(it was testes in the countryside tho)
Here I am ( if you want, my email is: [email protected] )
Thank you very much for your work
If I find free time, I will make a video showing results of the power meter in this way:
1) Only remote controller and drone (inside my house, without gps fix)
2) app and remote controller and drone(inside my house)
3) app + fakeGPS + airplane mode and drone (inside my house)
than the same test outdoor
Tell me if it is not necessary
regards
Luca

Edit:
as far as regarding your question about firmware: there is only one kind of firmware for ALL countries.
it can be donwloaded here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ik6mun0m7ya8nq/EVO_FW_V1.4.9.bin?dl=1
Some time ago it was said that AUTEL EVO only used the FCC mode regardless of the region in which it was located: therefore EU or US did not matter: EVO was always in FCC. Now things seem to have changed. If the boy manages to get to 2km it is not said that he is in FCC
EVO can be bought only in US and I am from Italy

Yes the Evo radio has two broadcasts
Remote Controller Specifications:
Power Emission (EIRP) FCC: <= 26 dBm CE: <= 20 dBm

This is the same as the original app but debug enabled.
Someone please try this app and fly normally outside(not too go far :D) and follow these steps:
1. install ADB and android USB driver on your computer
2. Turn USB Debug mode on in the developer options.
3. Connect your phone with the computer
4. Run "CMD"
5. Check ADB status. Your phone should show up there, if not, check the phone screen. maybe it will ask you to allow your computer.
ADB devices
6. Get into the app data area.
ADB shell run-as com.autel.explorer
7. Check if you are in the shell and if there are files in the app data directory
ls
8. Compress all files into a file
tar zcvf data.tar.gz .
9. Copy the file to your phone's internal storage
mv data.tar.gz /sdcard/.
10. After that, send me the file to [email protected]

Someone please try this app and fly normally outside(not too go far :D) and follow these steps:
4. Run "CMD"
5. Check ADB status. Your phone should show up there, if not, check the phone screen. maybe it will ask you to allow your computer.
ADB devices
7. Check if you are in the shell and if there are files in the app data directory
ls
tar zcvf data.tar.gz .
mv data.tar.gz /sdcard/.

Thank you mate.
I will do as soon as possible (if wheater will be better)

This is directed to anyone who is willing to help in this little project. A reminder that Autelpilotes takes no responsibility for anything that could go wrong in testing so you are on your own. @ds2atc is a very respected member on Parrotpilots forum who takes his own time to help and make the Anafi App perform in FCC mode in the EU. He does not ask for anything in return and I hope you will give him the respect he so deserves. Just remember he lives in South Korea so his time table will be different then yours.

Do not worry, he already has our greatest respect in the involvement in the forum. He does not have to do it, and our respect is in what he can do and that many of us do not have the necessary knowledge.
Whoever gets involved in a forum and helps others does not deserve that.

This is directed to anyone who is willing to help in this little project. A reminder that Autelpilotes takes no responsibility for anything that could go wrong in testing so you are on your own. @ds2atc is a very respected member on Parrotpilots forum who takes his own time to help and make the Anafi App perform in FCC mode in the EU. He does not ask for anything in return and I hope you will give him the respect he so deserves. Just remember he lives in South Korea so his time table will be different then yours.
I agree with you

@ds2atc
just sent you what you needed (I have found a file called explorer with autel log folder and autel_log.txt inside, that is the one I am sending you)
Finger crossed

Last edited:
lukappaseidue sent me the file and looked and it. There were no settings related to the RFPower in the app data.

Below are clues found so far:
1. Autel Explorer app has a whole SDK codes inside including "setRFPower " since it loads all classes in the SDK.
2. Autel Explorer does not have codes that calls "setRFPower" method. => This means that the RC or the drone decides the mode, and this is why no one has succeeded with FakeGPS.
3. Autel SDK's sample app uses the spinner to choose RFPower.
4. It is unclear that if EVO & RC's firmware allows RFPower related methods.

Conclusion,
1. Need to try the sample app.
2. If SDK's sample app works, that means firmwares support RFPower related methods. and modification of Autel Explorer will work.
3. If not, there's no way to change the RFPower.

I have built the sample app successfully, and going to send it to lukappaseidue for a test.

lukappaseidue sent me the file and looked and it. There were no settings related to the RFPower in the app data.

Below are clues found so far:
1. Autel Explorer app has a whole SDK codes inside including "setRFPower " since it loads all classes in the SDK.
2. Autel Explorer does not have codes that calls "setRFPower" method. => This means that the RC or the drone decides the mode, and this is why no one has succeeded with FakeGPS.
3. Autel SDK's sample app uses the spinner to choose RFPower.
4. It is unclear that if EVO & RC's firmware allows RFPower related methods.

Conclusion,
1. Need to try the sample app.
2. If SDK's sample app works, that means firmwares support RFPower related methods. and modification of Autel Explorer will work.
3. If not, there's no way to change the RFPower.

I have built the sample app successfully, and going to send it to lukappaseidue for a test.
Tested and replied to your email.

I brought my Evo 2 in America and now live in UK. I read on Autel website stating if you brought your autel Evo 2 Directly from America you shouldn't fly in Europe as its set in FCC.

Hi @Lefty01 from another UK owner ?

The Evo II switches between CE and FCC power levels based on the GPS location of the drone.

What we (the CE-restricted owners across the globe) would love to do is enable FCC mode so it cuts through all the local WiFi interference :confused:

Reactions: Anzacjack

4. Run "CMD"
ADB devices
ls
tar zcvf data.tar.gz .
mv data.tar.gz /sdcard/.
The file doesn’t exist. Has been deleted

4. Run "CMD"
ADB devices
ls
tar zcvf data.tar.gz .
mv data.tar.gz /sdcard/.
The file doesn’t exist. Has been deleted. Could you upload again?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials