Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO (EU) and FORCE FCC

lukappaseidue

Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I am from Italy and I'd like to know if there is a way to test FCC transmission of AUTEL EVO.
are there tricks? FakeGPS? Test mode?
Please, let me know

Although I have not seen anyone claiming to use FakeGPS with the Autel Apps it does work with the Parrot Apps. Also if you have some programming skills with Android Apps you can mod the App to default to FCC mode and never change to CE mode.
The first thing I would try is FakeGPS.

These are the instructions for the Parrot App. They might work with the Autel EVO App. Use at your own risk as I have no way to test this out.

Download 'Fake GPS' from the Play Store.
Open the app and it gives you the link to 'developer options'
Enable developer options and look for the 'select mock location app' and tell it you want to use Fake GPS.
Go back to Fake GPS and move the map until you're in the heart of middle America (I chose somewhere in Nebraska) then press the green button.
Put your phone in airplane mode.
Connect the phone to the controller and it opens FreeFlight 6 automatically.
Power on the Anafi and let the controller find it.
Now go to options and network and voila, full spectrum of channels.
Change to manual and set channel 165 .
enable only gps in android smarthphone options and disable high precision over wifi and net if not the fcc will be disable and back on 2.4ghz ce. Set manual channel 166 not auto 5ghz button.

Reactions: lukappaseidue
No there is no GPS in the Parrots RC, the GPS is in the drone and your phone or tablet so this is why I believe it will work the same. The reason we don't hear about this issue to much is there are not a lot of Autel products in the affected countries so no one is complaining.

Although I have not seen anyone claiming to use FakeGPS with the Autel Apps it does work with the Parrot Apps. Also if you have some programming skills with Android Apps you can mod the App to default to FCC mode and never change to CE mode.

These are the instructions for the Parrot App. They might work with the Autel EVO App. Use at your own risk as I have no way to test this out.

Enable developer options and look for the 'select mock location app' and tell it you want to use Fake GPS.
Go back to Fake GPS and move the map until you're in the heart of middle America (I chose somewhere in Nebraska) then press the green button.
enable only gps in android smarthphone options and disable high precision over wifi and net if not the fcc will be disable and back on 2.4ghz ce. Set manual channel 166 not auto 5ghz button.
First thank you for your reply

I own Parrot Disco, but also MAvic 2 and it si possible to switch from CE to FCC mode. For Parrot you do not need to use FakeGPS, but only to set UNITED STATES in the app.
I also tested FAKE GPS (also put an hand over the GPS module of the EVO) but my immersionRC rf power meter seem to not see any difference

Could you explane me this? "Also if you have some programming skills with Android Apps you can mod the App to default to FCC mode and never change to CE mode"

Regards

Reactions: PingSpike
No there is no GPS in the Parrots RC, the GPS is in the drone and your phone or tablet so this is why I believe it will work the same. The reason we don't hear about this issue to much is there are not a lot of Autel products in the affected countries so no one is complaining.
Yes you are right.
Autel is sold in FCC areas, so no need the trick for US people.
Parrot controller has not GPS module, It takes the signals from the GPS of the linked device

@Agustine
News about Android tip?

I'm sorry I don't have any news if it works or not. You will have to experiment yourself to see if you can get it to work. I live in Canada where we are not affected by the CE mode so I have no way to test it.
Well, If you know how to, I will be pleased to test it.
Regards
Luca

Hello,
I do not own an evo, but I found this sample Android app codes on github. Maybe the codes are provided from the Autel SDK.

In the github repo, there's a remote controlling activity(activity means a part of screen of an Android app).

from line 69, there's a spinner(one of input methods usually being used when you set your birthdate), and it sets the rfpower with that spinner. position 0 : FCC, position 1(maybe) : CE
when the spinner is touched, the spinner calls setRFPower method.

Java:
    public void setRFPower(View view) {
        mController.setRFPower(rfPower, new CallbackWithNoParam() {
            @Override
            public void onFailure(AutelError rcError) {
                logOut("setRFPower RCError " + rcError.getDescription());
            }

@Override
            public void onSuccess() {
                logOut("setRFPower onSuccess ");
            }
        });
    }

The activity's setRFPower method calls the Controller class's setRFPower method, and the controller class's code is not on the github repo.(but it's in Autel Explorer.apk :D )

So, my conclusion is, it's worth a try to modify the app.

possible fix
- Find the setRFPower method in the app
- add rfPower = RFPower.FCC before setRFPower

Last edited:
Yes we find it in classes.dex and classes2.dex
Class.dex: SetRFPower
Class2.dex: createSetRF and createSetRFPowerParams
But how to change them?

Hello,
I do not own an evo, but I found this sample Android app codes on github. Maybe the codes are provided from the Autel SDK.

In the github repo, there's a remote controlling activity(activity means a part of screen of an Android app).

from line 69, there's a spinner(one of input methods usually being used when you set your birthdate), and it sets the rfpower with that spinner. position 0 : FCC, position 1(maybe) : CE
when the spinner is touched, the spinner calls setRFPower method.

Java:
    public void setRFPower(View view) {
        mController.setRFPower(rfPower, new CallbackWithNoParam() {
            @Override
            public void onFailure(AutelError rcError) {
                logOut("setRFPower RCError " + rcError.getDescription());
            }

@Override
            public void onSuccess() {
                logOut("setRFPower onSuccess ");
            }
        });
    }

The activity's setRFPower method calls the Controller class's setRFPower method, and the controller class's code is not on the github repo.(but it's in Autel Explorer.apk :D )

So, my conclusion is, it's worth a try to modify the app.

possible fix
- Find the setRFPower method in the app
- add rfPower = RFPower.FCC before setRFPower

First, thank you very much dear ds2act for the time you spent for this post and also for your search.
I will be really happy to test the modded APP, but I am not able to do it.
Could you be so gentle to do it for European Community and me?
What about line 42? (42 protected RFPower rfPower = RFPower.FCC; )

I have immersionRC powermeter V2 and I can check the power out put (at least to check variation of power from CE and FCC)
Thank you all

Thank you also claudius62

Yes we find it in classes.dex and classes2.dex
Class.dex: SetRFPower
Class2.dex: createSetRF and createSetRFPowerParams
But how to change them?
It can be done by modifying smali code inside the dex files.(if the RFPower is the key to change the mode :D)
I have modified and uploaded Parrot Anafi's app for months.

But it takes time to find the right point to modify, and the biggest problem is I do not have an evo. So it will take some time to modify it correctly without causing a problem.

Last edited:
First thank you for your reply

I own Parrot Disco, but also MAvic 2 and it si possible to switch from CE to FCC mode. For Parrot you do not need to use FakeGPS, but only to set UNITED STATES in the app.
I also tested FAKE GPS (also put an hand over the GPS module of the EVO) but my immersionRC rf power meter seem to not see any difference

Could you explane me this? "Also if you have some programming skills with Android Apps you can mod the App to default to FCC mode and never change to CE mode"

Regards
Could you try these?
1. FakeGPS only - set to the US
2. Airplane mode + FakeGPS
3. Without SIM + VPN(US) + FakeGPS

Parrot's app uses the reversegeocoder(getting an address from the GPS location) from google's code.
and it returns the network(mobile + wifi)'s country code when FakeGPS is used.
So the ppl had to turn airplane mode on when using the FakeGPS method.

Could you try these?
1. FakeGPS only - set to the US
2. Airplane mode + FakeGPS
3. Without SIM + VPN(US) + FakeGPS

Parrot's app uses the reversegeocoder(getting an address from the GPS location) from google's code.
and it returns the network(mobile + wifi)'s country code when FakeGPS is used.
So the ppl had to turn airplane mode on when using the FakeGPS method.

Ok this is what I have done:
Activated FakeGPS and set to US location; the smartphone was in AIRPLANE mode.
First switched on the application, than RC and than connected by USB cable (I do not know why, but the app do not want to autostart and every time I need to start by tap)
than, after RC and app are linked, i switch on the EVO, with my hand covering the top and soon after removing my hand.
The power output is really low, about 0.09 mwatt
3) not tested.

It can be done by modifying smali code inside the dex files.(if the RFPower is the key to change the mode :D)
I have modified and uploaded Parrot Anafi's app for months.

But it takes time to find the right point to modify, and the biggest problem is I do not have an evo. So it will take some time to modify it correctly without causing a problem.

I can test your app using my power meter, or, if needed, flying Evo

Last edited:
Reactions: PingSpike

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials