Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel Evo 2 (v1 or v2) standard controller

Liver

Reaction score
What is the standard USB port used for? Not the Micro-AB port, but the bigger USB port?

I haven’t figured that out.

This entire time I’ve been using the (expletive) micro-ab port.

These are my ways of using the USB-A port.
I leave the USB Micro port just to fully recharge at the same time both the batteries (RC and smartphone) at the end of the flights, or to keep the RC battery charged as much as possible during it's use in the field, connected to a power bank.

Attachments

• 20221217_175800.jpg
    20221217_175800.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 7
  • 20221217_180712.jpg
    20221217_180712.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 6
What is the standard USB port used for? Not the Micro-AB port, but the bigger USB port?

I haven’t figured that out.
usually I use USB-A(bigger USB port) for connecting device and micro USB(smaller port) for charging before\during\after flight

Attachments

• controller_powered_external.png
    controller_powered_external.png
    1 MB · Views: 3
If you connect a smart device via the USB A it not only leaves the Micro port open for charging, it will prevent the additional wear and tear on Micro connector from removing and reinstalling the device connector cord every time, or from accidentally snagging and pulling on the 90 degree cable that Autel supplies with the controller. I further leave installed a little magnetic quick-disconnect nubbin from a $10 charge-only cord to make controller charging painless.

Right-angle USB-A data cords are also much easier to find on Ebay than Micro ones (many such cords tend to be charge-only. I recommend finding and using USB3 data capable ones, which are harder to find, because someday you'll be tempted to use the cable to transfer a bunch of videos to your computer from an SSD external drive using whatever cable is handy). That all said, the McDodo coiled 90 degree RA USB-A to USB-C one I have for my Samsung Tab S6 is only USB-2.0 speeds but works just fine for Explorer FPV view.

Last edited:
This entire time I’ve been using the (expletive) micro-ab port.

That's pretty funny, I didn't even know the micro USB port would pass data through it and thought it was for charging only. You definitely want to use the USB A (larger port) to connect your tablet/phone, the micro USB port is very fragile and I only use it to charge the controller while it is stationary.

That's pretty funny, I didn't even know the micro USB port would pass data through it and thought it was for charging only. You definitely want to use the USB A (larger port) to connect your tablet/phone, the micro USB port is very fragile and I only use it to charge the controller while it is stationary.

ya! So now I’m using the usb a port for data. I also put a magnetic insert on the micro ab port so I can charge it without actually inserting anything anymore.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GLOBODRONE