Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AUTEL EVO 2 PRO | First Impression | Download Original 6K Video

I really wanted to see the actual landing — l’ve always found landing on uneven surfaces ( like lava) in high winds is dicey. She cut it out, I bet I know why — it took awhile...

Reactions: Jagerbomb52
The jerky movements and lack of shadow detail in HDR is not encouraging.

Nice video. I think a little color correction and grading is in order to bring out the color capabilities of the camera. The HDR didn't look to HDR'y.
What a great drone. Maybe someday. It was super windy so some stabilization issues may have been due to the conditions.

I downloaded the 6K video (3.10 GB) and my old computer had a very hard time playing the file. So if I decide to buy one of these I will also need a new computer for editing. Very sharp video when played back but my computer just cannot play it smoothly :(
Might need a bank load this year to keep up LOL

• Haha
Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I don't know if you are aware of proxy editing, but it is a way to use older hardware to successfully edit a proxy file, and with a simple click or two, reconnect the proxies to the original high resolution/high data rate footage for final color check and output. You are basically transcoding your footage to a lightweight (read easily playable from less powerful computers) video format, editing, and then relinking. Davinci resolve, Adobe Premiere and others support a proxy workflow. YouTube is your friend for help and support finding the proxy workflow that meets your needs. This is done by professionals every day to complete high resolution projects on mobile computers.

Reactions: JohnOfDrones
I downloaded the 6K video (3.10 GB) and my old computer had a very hard time playing the file. So if I decide to buy one of these I will also need a new computer for editing. Very sharp video when played back but my computer just cannot play it smoothly :(
Might need a bank load this year to keep up LOL
Yea, so did I. My gaming PC isn’t new, but has a great GPU, played it fine it on a 2K monitor, it looked fantastic, smooth as silk and clean... Editing it, hmmmmmm

Over the past 3 months, I’ve sold 2 Nikons and 11 lenses on eBay getting ready for an EVO 2. I have so many lenses from years of grabbing them here/there — time to thin the stock. And, I flew my XSP at dusk yesterday, all over the ‘hood — and it flew like it was brand new, making me think why am I doing this? ;)

I don't know if you are aware of proxy editing, but it is a way to use older hardware to successfully edit a proxy file, and with a simple click or two, reconnect the proxies to the original high resolution/high data rate footage for final color check and output. You are basically transcoding your footage to a lightweight (read easily playable from less powerful computers) video format, editing, and then relinking. Davinci resolve, Adobe Premiere and others support a proxy workflow. YouTube is your friend for help and support finding the proxy workflow that meets your needs. This is done by professionals every day to complete high resolution projects on mobile computers.

Yes I am well aware of proxies for editing. Not going to help with this 6K footage on my computer. By the time it makes the proxies I might not be interested in the video anymore LOL
Nope time for a new computer. I been putting pieces together for a while now so maybe in a month or two I will have something that will be a big step up.

The jerky movements and lack of shadow detail in HDR is not encouraging.
I got the feeling she either wasn’t too experienced a drone pilot, or she doesn't care about her jerky flying, like some other folks. IMO it’s hard to pin it totally on the drone at this early stage. We also don’t know her exact settings, nor do we know enough about the camera‘s SW to optimize its output yet.... The Evo 1 had a long firmware teething period ...

I just put it on my desktop computer, it plays perfectly with BSplayer pro without any jerks. I just put it on the Adobe pro time line, also reads perfectly with Adobe and the more the image fills the frame at 35.1% which ensures great zooms without loss if we pass the image to 100%.
Yaouh! Super this 6K.
I can treat it without worries. Positive test.

Yes I am well aware of proxies for editing. Not going to help with this 6K footage on my computer. By the time it makes the proxies I might not be interested in the video anymore LOL
Nope time for a new computer. I been putting pieces together for a while now so maybe in a month or two I will have something that will be a big step up.
Home builds are so easy now with improved small MB’s & cases. My last was based on a Thermaltake Core V21 Micro ATX Cube case. It’s much smaller, quieter, fits full-size GPU’s — you can build a screamer for well under $1000

Told my kid how much I want to spend ($3000.00 Canadian) and to make me a list on a good gaming\editing computer. Next day he sent me a itemized list from pcpartpicker. It came to 2500 bucks plus tax which is pretty close to the 3000 bucks that I wanted to spend. He even said he will build it all for me as he knows I get frustrated with small parts. LOL
Great kid.....he just wants a faster computer when he is out here with me. :)

Told my kid how much I want to spend ($3000.00 Canadian) and to make me a list on a good gaming\editing computer. Next day he sent me a itemized list from pcpartpicker. It came to 2500 bucks plus tax which is pretty close to the 3000 bucks that I wanted to spend. He even said he will build it all for me as he knows I get frustrated with small parts. LOL
Great kid.....he just wants a faster computer when he is out here with me. :)
Wow, your'e going all -out. USB-C? Duel GPU's? I spent the most on the CPU, GPU, 32GB memory, but decided to not use an SSD to save $$$. It 5 yrs old but still fast enough for Far Cry New Dawn @maxed-settings! ;)

Wow, your'e going all -out. USB-C? Duel GPU's? I spent the most on the CPU, GPU, 32GB memory, but decided to not use an SSD to save $$$. It 5 yrs old but still fast enough for Far Cry New Dawn @maxed-settings! ;)

Actually its nothing impressive at all. $3000 does not get you much here in Canada. I would have to spend at least another $1000 bucks to get to where I really would like to be with a PC. Considering it would be the last one I would ever buy before my kid puts me in a home. :)

• Haha
Reactions: HiloHawaiian
I downloaded all 3 files and all of them play smooth on iPad Pro 2018 w/1TB in Lumafusion. Right now I just don’t have enough to get the Evo 2 Pro.
Honestly, I’m not sure those videos are the best I’ve ever seen, a little disappointing.

Reactions: parkgt
Yes, but the girl was a little shaky, you have to excuse her, it was her first ...

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skygod34