Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Autel EVO 2 Pro and DJI Mavic 2 Pro Video Comparison

I like this guy and his channel but, respectfully, he doesn't know how to use the Evo correctly photographically. The Evo 1 was also very tricky to dial in correctly for white balance and exposure. I found that on the Evo 1 if set the white balance to automatic it is able to produce the same rich colors as the Mavic 2 Zoom, which I also own. If the auto white balance isn't working, set the color temperature manually. This will take some trial and error. I can shoot just about the same quality on the Evo 1 as the M2Z. The color temperature just needs a little tweaking. I'm sure that if I can do this on the Evo 1 the Evo 2 Pro will be able to as well.

I like this guy and his channel but, respectfully, he doesn't know how to use the Evo correctly photographically. The Evo 1 was also very tricky to dial in correctly for white balance and exposure. I found that on the Evo 1 if set the white balance to automatic it is able to produce the same rich colors as the Mavic 2 Zoom, which I also own. If the auto white balance isn't working, set the color temperature manually. This will take some trial and error. I can shoot just about the same quality on the Evo 1 as the M2Z. The color temperature just needs a little tweaking. I'm sure that if I can do this on the Evo 1 the Evo 2 Pro will be able to as well.

He did mention that this was a comparison of shots straight out of camera. For those pilots who are going to shoot that way and do not want to learn how to use manual settings, the M2P is probably the better option. But yeah I'd love to see a comparison that actually uses identical manual settings for both drones.

I have the M2z and EVO 1 and no contest the DJI products are much better - My mavic air is better also. Getting great footage out of the Mavics is easy on the EVO it required for post and more fiddling with camera settings.

Just curious why nobody uses a 18% Grey card for getting correct white balance? I used them all the time when I was shooting portraits. I would think you could do the same thing. For those guys really into the photo side of things you can even get one of those fold out sun shades that is the 18% Grey card and use it as a landing pad too. Here’s a link to one like I used to use...

Liked this location! Really cool with the cows and then a factory right next door. Where was this shot? Looked great!!

Reactions: strdr and Micander
Liked this location! Really cool with the cows and then a factory right next door. Where was this shot? Looked great!!

A place in southern germany. The old house is a shooting club.

I thought I saw targets in your film but wasn’t sure, I couldn’t tell for sure and black isn’t a normal color I see for range targets!!! Very cool location. You should try and shoot some of the interior of that old building!! Really cool thx for sharing that...

Reactions: Micander
Beautiful farm there, my cows were never that fat. :rolleyes: Looks like the stables have been out of use mostly for a while. Great video.....:)

Reactions: Micander

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonhenkelman