Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Australia to introduce drone registration and accreditation

So basically what we have in the US, but yearly vs every 3 years. As for the hobbyist exam, let's see which government can implement it first. ?

No dates for rego or cost as yet. Licencing probably a good thing, but but suspicious of this becoming another revenue raiser. Next you know they will require some third party insurance, in case a drone knocks down a skyscraper!.

Here in Canada back in June 1st 2019 we had a big change to our drone rules. Many around the world said WTF is Canada doing. I can say after seeing what the USA and the EU is proposing, our new rules are way better then what you guys can expect down the road.
Our rules are pretty much based on knowledge from the exams you need to take. Basic and advanced. The cost is 20 bucks and the basic is pretty darn easy. I challenged it the next day without studying and received a 85% passing mark. You do have to renew after two years but I think that's a good thing. Rules are updated and it gives you as a pilot to keep updated so you fly legally.
My UAV's also need to be registered and the fee is 5 bucks for each one I own. This is a life time registration and no need to update.

They’ve been talking about this for yonks—in fact it’s already two years overdue, or will be by the time it comes in next year. I welcome it. To make it work for hobbyists—or at least all those purchasing new drones—the retailer will have to forward details to CASA so they’ll know what’s out there. Otherwise, Many new flyers will just not register.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials