Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Atti mode and RTH question

sol

Reaction score
Does anyone know what happens if you take off in GPS mode, then switch to Atti and fly beyond the range of the controller? Does RTH kick in?

Does anyone know what happens if you take off in GPS mode, then switch to Atti and fly beyond the range of the controller? Does RTH kick in?

Manual says The Go Home function only works in GPS mode. If you fly beyond the range of the controller and something goes wrong, it may land where it is. Which may be a very bad spot.

Mine returns to home in atti mode when the battery goes low. EZ way for you to find the answer with YOURS, is to go out a short distance... About 100 ft. Go 100, cuz the go home does something I can't remember, like lands right where it is, if you're close. Anyway, hover a safe, crash able distance above the ground.... One to two feet, put it in atti mode, and turn off your controller. Whatever it does at that point, is what it will do if you fly out of controller range. I've found the failsafe to ALWAYS work. Just make sure you set your go home height to 400 feet. And if you can't get it to 400 feet, ( something like a 393 ft pop-up appears, or 400 isn't available), set your max altitude to 400, or 410, in the general settings mode. You want to make sure you use 400, as you never know what might be in the "as the crow flies" route back home, at varying locations you fly at. And if you EVER set it lower than that, in a waypoint mission, or any other autonomous mode, you'll have to crank it back up in the general settings, as it will default back to the last height set.

I would hope it would RTH in ATTI mode because it would be very easy to switch modes while fumbling with the camera tilt, concentrating on the sticks, & sneezing at the sun.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials