Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

App and FW update!!! (24 June 2021) NFZ?????

OK guys, You officially freaked me out. I bought two Autel 2s the 6k and 8k solely for their loose restrictions. I like the ability, if I ever wished to use it, of a higher altitude and NO no fly zones. These were a must have, when I purchased the Autels. TODAY , I AM OFFICIALLY NOT GOING TO UPDATE ANY OF AUTELS FIRMWARE OR SOFTWARE. I actually haven't updated it in the last 3 mnths. DJIs restrictions often have glitches and won't let you fly at all. I sometimes spend several minutes re-validating my identity via a phone code. If I can't access the internet or my phone is unavailable, there is the risk that the drone becomes a useless brick. I will not entertain the idea of this happening to my Autel drones, thus, no more firmware updates. They fly and do what they are supposed to do just fine the way they are.

Reactions: PingSpike
OK guys, You officially freaked me out. I bought two Autel 2s the 6k and 8k solely for their loose restrictions. I like the ability, if I ever wished to use it, of a higher altitude and NO no fly zones. These were a must have, when I purchased the Autels. TODAY , I AM OFFICIALLY NOT GOING TO UPDATE ANY OF AUTELS FIRMWARE OR SOFTWARE. I actually haven't updated it in the last 3 mnths. DJIs restrictions often have glitches and won't let you fly at all. I sometimes spend several minutes re-validating my identity via a phone code. If I can't access the internet or my phone is unavailable, there is the risk that the drone becomes a useless brick. I will not entertain the idea of this happening to my Autel drones, thus, no more firmware updates. They fly and do what they are supposed to do just fine the way they are.
I am not too concerned after thinking the issue through, and listening to the new CEO of Autel. He says that they will not enforce NFZ, unless the country requires it. Lets hope that stance stays true. But you are correct. If your craft is flying great, and an update comes along that doesn't improve flight at all and is just another NFZ update (DJI is famous for this) I wouldn't update either. Like the new CEO says, having NFZ enforcement, would also mean having a system in place to approve unlocks, which means a bunch of employees dedicated to only that. No way Autel has those kind of resources. I think we are ok....at least for now.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rudymuller