Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

App and FW update!!! (24 June 2021) NFZ?????

lukappaseidue

Reaction score
I guys,
I have seen that in the latest beta iOS app (1.10.11) strings there are some voices calling "No-Fly Zone" .....
what's happening?

There have always been no fly zone notifications. It’s then on you how you proceed with this. It’s not a lock out

Reactions: lukappaseidue
I think this is only the first step to NFZ enforcement by Autel. Despite what their new CEO says.

Any countries that we know of that "require" NFZ enforcement from the manufacturer?? If none, why do it? Is Autel - DJI now?
I am disgusted by this move. Not updating. Lets see if we can do something about it. The pilot is ultimately responsible for where and when they fly...always. End of discussion.

I think this is only the first step to NFZ enforcement by Autel. Despite what their new CEO says.

Any countries that we know of that "require" NFZ enforcement from the manufacturer?? If none, why do it? Is Autel - DJI now?
I am disgusted by this move. Not updating. Lets see if we can do something about it. The pilot is ultimately responsible for where and when they fly...always. End of discussion.

This is really bad news, lets hope it is not mandatory and only a warning. I have had warnings show up on my current app but that's it, nothing mandatory. I think for liability reasons they may be implementing stronger warnings. I know that for me personally I'll simply never update my FW or SW again if this gets implemented just like I did with DJI.

I guys,
I have seen that in the latest beta iOS app (1.10.11) strings there are some voices calling "No-Fly Zone" .....
what's happening?
I flew late yesterday with new app & firmware.
It is the same as before.
No NFZ flying restrictions.
You can still fly.
NFZ warnings are more prominently shown on controller display now.

This is really bad news, lets hope it is not mandatory and only a warning. I have had warnings show up on my current app but that's it, nothing mandatory. I think for liability reasons they may be implementing stronger warnings. I know that for me personally I'll simply never update my FW or SW again if this gets implemented just like I did with DJI.
I agree, will come a time to not update. With my Mavic 2 Pro, haven’t updated and stayed with a previous FW and SW.

Here official reply from Autel about NFZ
"
It is only a warning message to inform you that you are in the no-fly zone to make sure users know that.

But for users in China and Japan, it will prevent you from flying drones as the local regulation required."

Lets hope so!! Unless you live in Japan and China. Does anyone know if drones sold in those two countries *MUST* have NFZ enforcement or they can't sell them, or are they just appeasing the governments by enforcing NFZ restrictions, even if they are not required to do so??

Reactions: PingSpike
IF and that is a big IF autel does implement a NFZ enforcement like DJI, then they also like DJI need to provide a means for custom unlock codes that are good for a given large area, and across multiple aircraft for a long period of time.

Reactions: PingSpike
IF and that is a big IF autel does implement a NFZ enforcement like DJI, then they also like DJI need to provide a means for custom unlock codes that are good for a given large area, and across multiple aircraft for a long period of time.
Agree

Reactions: gschulzuio
I've used Beta version of Explorer previously when it fixed the EXP saving bug. Not eager to install Beta FW yet. What new features or fixes occur with just installing app without FW would be an interesting list to compile

Reactions: Eagle928

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles