Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Another review of Autel EVO 2 Series Drone 48MP 8K

It's on the main page site of Autel Evo 2 series. See the video there when the guy is on the bike... He is not using the controller, it's like a follow me but better than ever.

Come on now. That's hardly proof of anything. It's a sales video. Apples to Oranges, as was already stated.

It's on the main page site of Autel Evo 2 series. See the video there when the guy is on the bike... He is not using the controller, it's like a follow me but better than ever.

Well, let's hope the Evo II can finally follow someone while the subject is ascending or descending a hill. I found a post where this is still an issue with Dynamic Tracking on the Evo ( Dynamic Tracking ). If not fixed, I'm staying with my Skydio 2 order.

Reactions: rkymtnflyer
Well, let's hope the Evo II can finally follow someone while the subject is ascending or descending a hill. I found a post where this is still an issue with Dynamic Tracking on the Evo ( Dynamic Tracking ). If not fixed, I'm staying with my Skydio 2 order.
Yup, this feature alone may be why I migrate to Skydio. The earth is not flat…

Welp. I did it. Ordered the Skydio 2, then once it came in - turned around and sold it on ebay for a tidy profit.
Autel - take my money for the Evo 2.
I'm ready.

Welp. I did it. Ordered the Skydio 2, then once it came in - turned around and sold it on ebay for a tidy profit.
Autel - take my money for the Evo 2.
I'm ready.
In all humbleness and servitude oh great Quad808 why are people dumb enough to overpay on Ebay? Totally due to the fact that they want one right now and aren't willing to wait??

LOL...yep. Short supply, and no other choice right now, but to wait to the end of 2020. Could be business buyers too...the Skydio 2 would be great for patrolling.

I'm on build list with deposit. I was going to cancel order when my notice comes up, but maybe I should do what you did.
??

I ordered my Skydio 2 an hour after its release on October 1st and didn't receive it until last week. I paid about $1400 including extras and sold it on eBay 3 days ago for $2200. I'll take the money and wait again for the Autel!

Lol, you’re all going to be sorry. I’m tempted, but I love my Skydio.

I ordered my Skydio 2 an hour after its release on October 1st and didn't receive it until last week. I paid about $1400 including extras and sold it on eBay 3 days ago for $2200. I'll take the money and wait again for the Autel!
You was very smart in selling it for a good amount of profit. I would have done the same.

Reactions: Quad808 and Doctor
Lol, you’re all going to be sorry. I’m tempted, but I love my Skydio.
No doubt the Skydio 2 is a winner drone. Excellent for what it does. If Autel didn't come out with the EVO 2, you can bet I would have kept the Skydio 2, easily.
I don't think you can go wrong with either the Skydio 2 or Evo 2.

About the buckets and bayere filters and all of the other techno-gobbelty gook. I did see someone interviewing Tim Mathews at CES and he slipped in there about this camera, "binning would have been they easy way to do it but we felt that we needed to step up the game with this camera" I'm extremely paraphrasing by the way...I kinda just caught what he said addressing binning. When I find it again, I'll share a link so you can make your own conclusions...

Reactions: tealsmoke57
Nope, sorry, you’re only allowed one more, one more thing.... :)

Most folks here distrust DJI, hate GeoFencing, that’s why it’s an Autel Forum. If you’re willing to pay $400 extra for a “8k” camera that’s not really 8k, go for it. Yea, it has more sensors and longer flight time, but I want to see a side-by-side comparison with the Evo 1 @4k/60. If it’s not significantly better, I’ll wait for a test with the 1” sensor. Why pay for an 8k camera that’s not worthy?, that you might replace later with the 1”? (It won’t be cheap as a stand-alone upgrade)...

Notice the 1” is only 6k, b/c it’s really 6k....

I agree. I've thought about it and I'm really on the fence... but I'll most likely pass on upgrading right now.

I went on a cruise last month and got some footage from above in Cozumel @ 4K 60 and WOW does it look good. Will upload soon.

I agree. I've thought about it and I'm really on the fence... but I'll most likely pass on upgrading right now.

I went on a cruise last month and got some footage from above in Cozumel @ 4K 60 and WOW does it look good. Will upload soon.
Yea. I'd like to see the 6k with Thermal (vs 8k/thermal).

Sadly rather than discuss and take onboard some of the criticism of what Autel are doing some just go straight for personal attacks and jump around as many forum groups as possible trying to discredit it , when people resort to names and attacking the channel or person then they have already lost the argument.

I have reviewed and tested many products on my channel and continue to including Yuneec, DJI and others. My fleet consists of more non DJI craft than anything else and I have used and flown the Evo 1 extensively however as it’s basically illegal to use in the UK I have not published any content on it as that would land me in legal hot water as a commercial op.

It was hard to make content for the EVO 1 when it was not for sale in the Uk market, for the Evo 2 things are a little different as talk is CE certification is a very real possibility this time.

When I posted the video this was after a LOT of investigation including going over some footage that was shared with me from a pre production Evo 2 from one of the review units too. The info provided is done to highlight what is sadly bit of a underhanded or over marketing that many phone manufactures tried a few years back and backed out of pretty quickly and really is a shame as it clouds things for all.

Further to this Autel are actually stretching the 6K label on the Pro model too as it actual is not achieving the 6KHD spec either looking at the published resolution of the Pro model, it is not actually in the usually multiplication of resolutions scale either. It’s close to 90% of the 6K HD spec and actually comes in as a little lower resolution than what Sony label as 5.7K on their cameras. It’s over 5K so it’s 6K seems to be the realty but it’s not actually 6K HD as per the standard resolutions you come to expect like from 1080p, 2.7K or 4K/UHD ect.

For the most part this won’t affect anything really other than it won’t downscale as easy but again it’s a just a shame it’s a little more smoke and mirrors.

This info is simply info to allow people to make the informed choice, of these the Pro is really the one to go for imo as small sensors just don’t cut it anyways these days.

Finally I just want to thank those who have posted realistic and honest comments and feedback on this one rather than resort to games like a very limited number of others have sadly.

It’s exciting times but it’s also very early days and with the NPRM and everything else going on I’d be trying to keep money in my pocket as long as possible until the full picture of where things will lay for the next few years.

I have been given the opportunity to look at the pro model from a dealer as soon as it’s in their hands am looking forward to that.

Sadly rather than discuss and take onboard some of the criticism of what Autel are doing some just go straight for personal attacks and jump around as many forum groups as possible trying to discredit it , when people resort to names and attacking the channel or person then they have already lost the argument.

Welcome Mad_RC
We monitor the forum very closely for abuse of members as we take the Be Nice Rule very seriously. Now on that note we also do not put up with all negative posts about the Autel products or DJI trolls. These people will be removed faster then you can say DJI.
Having a opinion about manufactures is OK but people don't come here to listen to how good the other brand might be.
Enjoy your stay. ;)

Welcome Mad_RC
We monitor the forum very closely for abuse of members as we take the Be Nice Rule very seriously. Now on that note we also do not put up with all negative posts about the Autel products or DJI trolls. These people will be removed faster then you can say DJI.
Having a opinion about manufactures is OK but people don't come here to listen to how good the other brand might be.
Enjoy your stay. ;)

It’s Ian and thanks for the message. This is about evaluating a new product just like I and other will be with anything that’s release, I do have a dislike of this methods but it is what it is and that’s why I wanted to share the info. I have been a long standing member of your other groups for very long time without ever really having an issue and I don’t see why this one would be any different however I appreciate the heads up as I do know you guys run a tight ship.

Iv been on your DJI,Yuneec and parrot ones for a long time as a member (2015) but I spent most of my time on the Inspire group with Mark keeping everyone in line over there. I’m usually under Mad_Angler1 on all the other groups just as transitioning to align with the other things I’m doing these days. Anyway my post was simply to respond to some of the nonsense being thrown about and nothing else, I always appreciate valid and honest feedback and as always with these groups it’s always a pleasure to be onboard.

I’m heading back under my rock ;). Thanks for the welcome.

Thanks

Ian

Last edited:

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy