Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Another problem.......firmware failed

rumbarrel55

Reaction score
I still haven't gotten to fly this yet. I'm trying to get all batteries updated. But when trying to update firmware on 2nd battery, I get this message: " Failed to send firmware, reboot aircraft and try again." Which I've done several times and keep getting this message. Any suggestions?

thanks

Failed to send firmware sounds like a wifi connection problem. Have you tried downloading the firmware from Autel's site and putting it on the micro SD card and install it manually?

Last edited:
I've never done an OTA update. I always did it manually. It seems when doing updates OTA is the way that if something fails, it will do it that way.

Save yourself the frustration and do it manually with the SD card. I never had success doing the OTA update.

Reactions: butch
OMG, I just cant get anything to work right on this thing. tried to do a manual firmware update...and it doesn't do anything.:( Followed the Autel video exactly. copied bin file on card , inserted into AC, turned on remote first, then drone. Nothing but the telemetry screen. Then when I switch to camera view. it justs twirls the "working" icon in the center and never shows a camera view. Couple times the remote beeped 3 times. ??? I am almost ready to give up and return this for refund.

NEVER had any kind of problem with my Mavic Air!!! This is a brand new machine, it should work without too many issues, shouldn't it?? :mad:

Reactions: PicsForRealEstate
If you've done it exactly then I'd be contacting Autel. If the .bin file is not in the root directory it will not do anything.

Try turning on the aircraft without trying to update. Does the drone work correctly. Perhaps it's failing, because that particular battery already came with the update?

OMG , I just got excited for a moment. Tried updating again with the sd card and it started downloading on the remote....then it stopped at 48% and it's been stuck on 48% now for about 10 minutes. :( My god, how frustrating!!!!

Alright, I think I got the firmware updated now. I tried again and this time it went all the way through and said update successful. HOWEVER, i AM NOT GETTING A LIVE VIDEO FEED TO THE CONTROLLER. o_O When I try to go to the live video screen, it just has this little twirling circle in the middle of the screen forever.

Have you restarted both the controller and drone? You have to reboot both when you update firmware.. Also, never abort a firmware update.

Have you restarted both the controller and drone? You have to reboot both when you update firmware.. Also, never abort a firmware update.

YESSSSSSSSSS. actually I was having trouble with the video before the update. I was hoping the update would fix it. But, no luck.

I will be calling Autel in the morning. I need a break from this. I'm kind of regretting buying this. I can't believe how tough it is to get the battery out, too! A brand new drone should NOT be this much of a PITA.

Ok. We're just trying to help. No need for caps (yelling). Video problems sounds like that actually might be the cable. Try another one.
To be honest this is the absolute worst i've ever seen anyone have problems with anything Autel. The cable might contribute to some of the other problems you were having also.

The battery issue is a known problem for later built Evo. There is a thread somewhere on how fellow pilots get the batteries out with a self made tool.

Ok. We're just trying to help. No need for caps (yelling). Video problems sounds like that actually might be the cable. Try another one.
To be honest this is the absolute worst i've ever seen anyone have problems with anything Autel. The cable might contribute to some of the other problems you were having also.

Hey man, I'm sorry about the caps. It was just a result of my extreme frustration with this thing. I was so excited to get this and get it up in the air. I've had 5 days to prepare for this from the time I ordered it. Read the manual several times, watched many videos and even read several threads here on the forum. I thought I was prepared for anything this thing threw at me. Then it finally arrived 2 days ago and I was like a kid on Christmas morning. And now, here I sit without having flown this yet. :confused:

Anyway, in response to your last post.....It's not the cable, as I said in a previous post, the video is not showing on the CONTROLLER itself, it just shows a mostly grey screen with a little twirling circle in the middle. When I tried it with the controller connected to my phone by cable, it only shows the grey screen with all the video options along the bottom showing "n/a".

I'm Sorry for your experience. I have a waypoint automation failure with my drone and had to send it in for repair. You are looking at a three week turn. Get prepared. It may be longer given COVID-19.
Support was excellent however, except for the long turn time.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials