Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

All my Evo 1 battery reported damage

A detailed video or write up showing how the replace cells or adapt standard RC lipo packs would be awesome.....this info is very helpful thanks for posting thus far!

Reactions: moodman
Success in reviving damaged batteries
Just going to report to all of you that I have managed to revive all of my "damaged" batteries. Been working on this for several days. I put each battery on the drone, turn on the drone and let the battery discharge until the drone shuts off. Then put the battery on the charger until the battery shuts off at full charge. Then put it back on the charger hours later (after it cools) until full charge. Then contrary to Autel's instruction, I put the battery back on the charger and hold the battery button for about 30 seconds then let it go. Autel says to hold the button 30 seconds while NOT connected to the charger and then connect it. The method of keeping it connected while doing the reset seems to be the trick to force the BMS to balance charge all the cells. I've had to do all these steps at least twice for each battery, discharge on the drone, fully charge, reset while on charger to balance charge. Then I test them on the drone while connected to the controller and the phone app to see the balance of the cells.

I have previously tried the method of battery reset while not connected then connect it to the charger and it has never worked for me. But now I have revived three damaged batteries and I got about an 18 or 19 minute flight this evening off of the worst battery. I'll try the other two batteries tomorrow. I have no other way to discharge these batteries other than put them on the drone and I only have the single battery charger so this has been a long and slow process but I am encouraged so far. I'm sure at some point these batteries will need to be rebuilt but for now I'm back in business with my older original batteries (almost three years old). I've got two new batteries but have never tried them yet.

No, I did not directly buy the fimi se battery for disassembly, I just bought the battery cells directly. How to disassemble autel batteries perfectly is a good question, I don’t know how to describe it clear. Let me think about it.

Can you understand? Pry it up with a little force
Yes that worked but it's not a little force. I had to insert the screw driver in the location you pointed out and pound it in until one side started to separate. Then I inserted another screw driver into that opening and pried with that. It will finally start to break apart but it wasn't an easy case to break into. They definitely do not want you to try to repair this thing it seems. I will try the Gens Ace battery mentioned earlier.

Success in reviving damaged batteries
Just going to report to all of you that I have managed to revive all of my "damaged" batteries. Been working on this for several days. I put each battery on the drone, turn on the drone and let the battery discharge until the drone shuts off. Then put the battery on the charger until the battery shuts off at full charge. Then put it back on the charger hours later (after it cools) until full charge. Then contrary to Autel's instruction, I put the battery back on the charger and hold the battery button for about 30 seconds then let it go. Autel says to hold the button 30 seconds while NOT connected to the charger and then connect it. The method of keeping it connected while doing the reset seems to be the trick to force the BMS to balance charge all the cells. I've had to do all these steps at least twice for each battery, discharge on the drone, fully charge, reset while on charger to balance charge. Then I test them on the drone while connected to the controller and the phone app to see the balance of the cells.

I have previously tried the method of battery reset while not connected then connect it to the charger and it has never worked for me. But now I have revived three damaged batteries and I got about an 18 or 19 minute flight this evening off of the worst battery. I'll try the other two batteries tomorrow. I have no other way to discharge these batteries other than put them on the drone and I only have the single battery charger so this has been a long and slow process but I am encouraged so far. I'm sure at some point these batteries will need to be rebuilt but for now I'm back in business with my older original batteries (almost three years old). I've got two new batteries but have never tried them yet.
If this really works, has anyone else tried this process? If it is a good method, I would like to publicize it more widely. GLEvideo, let me know what you think! Your post is old, but if things are still working for you, then we know this is a process that should work for everyone, and I think more people ought to know about it!

If this really works, has anyone else tried this process? If it is a good method, I would like to publicize it more widely. GLEvideo, let me know what you think! Your post is old, but if things are still working for you, then we know this is a process that should work for everyone, and I think more people ought to know about it!
I tried this on a battery that would show up as bad after about 15 seconds on the drone. I used the procedure and the battery worked fine afterwards. I took it out for a test flight and flew about 13 minutes. I landed before I received any battery warnings.

More than a year later I'm still flying with my old batteries that previously were indicated as damaged. One of them still indicates damaged after a few minutes of flying but at least the controller allows me to take off and start flying. When the DAMAGED BATTERY message appears and the drone starts RTH I then give it all kinds of control inputs to climb, turn or slip sideways until the RTH function stops and I can then fly around for another 15 minutes or so. I think using the charging method I described a few posts earlier will help revive batteries that aren't too far gone but still showing as damaged batteries. The one battery that still prompts the damaged battery message may need to be rebuilt. I'm curious if Daniel has been having good luck with his rebuilt batteries and if he has created an assembly video or refined his procedure with more photos for us to see.

More than a year later I'm still flying with my old batteries that previously were indicated as damaged. One of them still indicates damaged after a few minutes of flying but at least the controller allows me to take off and start flying. When the DAMAGED BATTERY message appears and the drone starts RTH I then give it all kinds of control inputs to climb, turn or slip sideways until the RTH function stops and I can then fly around for another 15 minutes or so. I think using the charging method I described a few posts earlier will help revive batteries that aren't too far gone but still showing as damaged batteries. The one battery that still prompts the damaged battery message may need to be rebuilt. I'm curious if Daniel has been having good luck with his rebuilt batteries and if he has created an assembly video or refined his procedure with more photos for us to see.
This might be a stupid answer, but why not ask Daniel directly?

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy