Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

All my Evo 1 battery reported damage

Hi all,
Finally, I repaired all the damaged batteries. By using the battery internal resistance tester, it can be found that among the batteries that indicate battery damage, there are individual cells with battery internal resistance exceeding 10 milliohms, which is fatal for lipo batteries and belongs to damaged cells. Therefore, all my batteries were taken out to measure their internal resistance, and the batteries with the same internal resistance were recombined. After testing, the effect is very good and the battery is restored as new. In addition, because the damaged cells are not enough to make up 3 batteries, I deliberately found out if there are other cell sizes that can fit in the battery compartment. I found that the cell size of autel evo1 is 85x45x8mm. After searching for a long time, I finally found that the fimi x8 SE 2020 4500ma cell can fit the battery compartment. After 2-3 times of charging and discharging after replacement, the estimated flight time displayed on the remote controller has returned to 26mins, which is the same as a brand new battery. Thanks Autel,thanks for they don't lock the BMS chip,not same as DJI. So I'm happy with all my batteries back to new now. Also need to thanks autel let Evo 1 battery out of sock, Otherwise, I have no motivation to study its battery.

Attachments

• IMG_9735.JPG
    IMG_9735.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 74
  • IMG_9736.JPG
    IMG_9736.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 44
Last edited:
But it's great !!!!
then just open a fimix8 se battery and change the Evo 1 battery cells
you have more pictures of how all the work is done

Antonello,
It's Okey.
Be careful not to short circuit the banana plugs when you put the plug on the battery.
I still have a plastic sleeve that protects one of the two bananas during connection.
A Short circuit between the two plugs is fatal for the battery.

Reactions: PingSpike
Antonello,
It's Okey.
Be careful not to short circuit the banana plugs when you put the plug on the battery.
I still have a plastic sleeve that protects one of the two bananas during connection.
A Short circuit between the two plugs is fatal for the battery.

i'm very careful and then only connect the battery when banana plugs are plugged into sky rc charger

Hi all,
Finally, I repaired all the damaged batteries. By using the battery internal resistance tester, it can be found that among the batteries that indicate battery damage, there are individual cells with battery internal resistance exceeding 10 milliohms, which is fatal for lipo batteries and belongs to damaged cells. Therefore, all my batteries were taken out to measure their internal resistance, and the batteries with the same internal resistance were recombined. After testing, the effect is very good and the battery is restored as new. In addition, because the damaged cells are not enough to make up 3 batteries, I deliberately found out if there are other cell sizes that can fit in the battery compartment. I found that the cell size of autel evo1 is 80x45x8mm. After searching for a long time, I finally found that the fimi x8 SE 4500ma cell can fit the battery compartment. After 2-3 times of charging and discharging after replacement, the estimated flight time displayed on the remote controller has returned to 26mins, which is the same as a brand new battery. Thanks Autel,thanks for they don't lock the BMS chip,not same as DJI. So I'm happy with all my batteries back to new now. Also need to thanks autel let Evo 1 battery out of sock, Otherwise, I have no motivation to study its battery.View attachment 9240
Hi, can you tell me a bit more how to repair the damaged batteries? I live in the Netherlands and find it impossible to buy a new one for my evo 1, so I can’t use it. I’m very excited to read that there is maybe a workaround to fix the original batterie

Hi, can you tell me a bit more how to repair the damaged batteries? I live in the Netherlands and find it impossible to buy a new one for my evo 1, so I can’t use it. I’m very excited to read that there is maybe a workaround to fix the original batterie
Hi Jack,

I am from China, so maybe my English is not very good, hope you can understand it.

There are two ways to repair the battery:
1. Disassemble the damaged battery. Use the battery internal resistance tester to measure the each cells one by one, and group the cells with good performance( within 10 milliohms) into one group. Try to choose with the closest internal resistance and group it with 3S.
This method is the fastest and simplest way, according to my experience, it is impossible for all cells in one battery to be damaged, usually only 1-2 cells are damaged. This way you don't need any materials or spending, but the premise is that you must have a lithium battery internal resistance tester. After the assembly is complete, the voltage of each cell may be different. You have 2 ways to balance them again. 1) Put the repaired battery into the drone and turn it on until the drone runs out of power. Put it in the charger for charging, and let the BMS chips recalculate and balance the voltage of each cell several times. Until your drone no longer prompts that the battery is damaged. 2) If you have a balance charger, that will be faster. You only need to perform a balance charge on the repaired battery and it's over.

2. Replace all the battery cells, this is the safest and best way. After my measurement, the size of the autel evo cell is about 85 x 45 x 9mm. The cell with this size and capacity that you can buy on the market is the fimi x8 se 2020 4500ma cell. Its size is 78x48x8.9mm, and its length is a bit shorter than the original battery cell of autel, but you can find a way to fix it. With this method, there is nothing to say, just replace it. The new battery cell is already at the storage voltage and balanced at 3.8V when you bought it back, So you don’t need to do anything, just replace the original battery cell of autel. After the replacement, same as method 1 put the battery into the drone and turn it on until the drone runs out of power. Charging again and let the BMS chips learn the data with the new cells. If the estimated flight time it display less than 20 mins, please repeat charge and discharge several times. Please note that you must discharge the battery until it automatic shut-down. You will see a voltage lower than 3.4V. Don’t worry about battery damage. Because the cut-off protection voltage of the BMS chip is 3.3V, the battery will be automatically powered off. If you can't buy the same size of battery cells in your country you can find another, but must be 4.35v LiHV. Fimi x8se battery cell in china only needs around 3.82USD per cell, so 3s totally 11.46 USD.

Sorry, I forgot to mention the steps to disconnect the battery. Disconnect the positive pole first, then pull out the balance plug, and then disconnect the negative pole.
When putting it back, connect the negative pole first, then plug in the balance plug, then connect the positive pole.

Hope you can succeed too, and let autel evo1 reborn.

Attachments

• IMG_0063.jpg
    IMG_0063.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_0065.jpg
    IMG_0065.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0068.jpg
    IMG_0068.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 69
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 71
  • IMG_0077.jpg
    IMG_0077.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 65
  • IMG_0252.jpg
    IMG_0252.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Hi Jack,

I am from China, so maybe my English is not very good, hope you can understand it.

There are two ways to repair the battery:
1. Disassemble the damaged battery. Use the battery internal resistance tester to measure the each cells one by one, and group the cells with good performance( within 10 milliohms) into one group. Try to choose with the closest internal resistance and group it with 3S.
This method is the fastest and simplest way, according to my experience, it is impossible for all cells in one battery to be damaged, usually only 1-2 cells are damaged. This way you don't need any materials or spending, but the premise is that you must have a lithium battery internal resistance tester. After the assembly is complete, the voltage of each cell may be different. You have 2 ways to balance them again. 1) Put the repaired battery into the drone and turn it on until the drone runs out of power. Put it in the charger for charging, and let the BMS chips recalculate and balance the voltage of each cell several times. Until your drone no longer prompts that the battery is damaged. 2) If you have a balance charger, that will be faster. You only need to perform a balance charge on the repaired battery and it's over.

2. Replace all the battery cells, this is the safest and best way. After my measurement, the size of the autel evo cell is about 85 x 45 x 9mm. The cell with this size and capacity that you can buy on the market is the fimi x8 se 2020 4500ma cell. Its size is 78x48x8.9mm, and its length is a bit shorter than the original battery cell of autel, but you can find a way to fix it. With this method, there is nothing to say, just replace it. The new battery cell is already at the storage voltage and balanced at 3.8V when you bought it back, So you don’t need to do anything, just replace the original battery cell of autel. After the replacement, same as method 1 put the battery into the drone and turn it on until the drone runs out of power. Charging again and let the BMS chips learn the data with the new cells. If the estimated flight time it display less than 20 mins, please repeat charge and discharge several times. Please note that you must discharge the battery until it automatic shut-down. You will see a voltage lower than 3.4V. Don’t worry about battery damage. Because the cut-off protection voltage of the BMS chip is 3.3V, the battery will be automatically powered off. If you can't buy the same size of battery cells in your country you can find another, but must be 4.35v LiHV. Fimi x8se battery cell in china only needs around 3.82USD per cell, so 3s totally 11.46 USD.

Przepraszam, zapomniałem wspomnieć o czynnościach odłączania akumulatora. Najpierw odłącz biegun dodatni, następnie wyciągnij wtyczkę balansu, a następnie odłącz biegun ujemny.
Odkładając, najpierw podłącz biegun ujemny, następnie wtyczkę balansu, a następnie podłącz biegun dodatni.

Mam nadzieję, że Tobie też się uda i pozwól odrodzić się autel evo1.
witam też mam problem z dostępnością bakterii w Polsce. Mam gdzieś pytanie, czy zamówiłeś ogniwa. Czy kupiłeś baterię do X8 i zdemontowałeś ją, czy możesz kupić same ogniwa. jak bezpiecznie zdemontować akumulator autel evo

witam też mam problem z dostępnością bakterii w Polsce. Mam gdzieś pytanie, czy zamówiłeś ogniwa. Czy kupiłeś baterię do X8 i zdemontowałeś ją, czy możesz kupić same ogniwa. jak bezpiecznie zdemontować akumulator autel evo
No, I did not directly buy the fimi se battery for disassembly, I just bought the battery cells directly. How to disassemble autel batteries perfectly is a good question, I don’t know how to describe it clear. Let me think about it.

Can you understand? Pry it up with a little force

Attachments

• IMG_0253.jpg
    IMG_0253.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Nie, nie kupiłem bezpośrednio akumulatora fimi se do demontażu, właśnie kupiłem bezpośrednio ogniwa akumulatora. Jak idealnie zdemontować akumulatory autel to dobre pytanie, nie wiem jak to jasno opisać. Pozwól, że to przemyślę.

Możesz zrozumieć? Podważ go z niewielką siłą
could you give me the cell distributor or their serial number. preferably state where you can buy them. I use aliexpress. how many cells do you need to buy.

No, I did not directly buy the fimi se battery for disassembly, I just bought the battery cells directly. How to disassemble autel batteries perfectly is a good question, I don’t know how to describe it clear. Let me think about it.

Can you understand? Pry it up with a little force
Daniel, thanks a lot.
I take your advice and open all my bad evo batt. now, will replace the bad cell then!
I'm from hk too.

Attachments

• 20210219_121317.jpg
    20210219_121317.jpg
    531.5 KB · Views: 60
Daniel, thanks a lot.
I take your advice and open all my bad evo batt. now, will replace the bad cell then!
I'm from hk too.
Yeah,Good ! I suggest you replace them with brand new battery cells. Based on my observation if you regroup the old cells which internal resistance under 5 milli-ohm. You may only can get 22-23mins estimate flight time in remote controller. But if with brand new battery cells, you can get 25-26 mins back. Hope you will succeed.

Tak dobrze ! Proponuję wymienić je na zupełnie nowe ogniwa baterii. Opierając się na moich obserwacjach, jeśli przegrupujesz stare ogniwa, których rezystancja wewnętrzna jest poniżej 5 miliomów. Szacunkowy czas lotu 22-23 minut można uzyskać tylko w pilocie. Ale jeśli masz nowe ogniwa baterii, możesz odzyskać 25-26 minut. Mam nadzieję, że ci się uda.
gdzie kupiłeś nowe baterie - ogniwa

I am not there yet with damaged batteries but you got my attention. Did you replace individual cells or just use the whole thing? I have used that brand before. They are pretty reliable.
I used the entire battery minus the xt connector. Not quite enough room. You also need to solder the proper balance connector on the BMS balance leads. The only down side is the thickness of the battery. It is difficult to get a proper fit of the top part of the case. But the Evo flew just fine with all the battery cells reporting their voltages...so there is a way to keep the Evo in the air if the batteries become obsolete.

I used the entire battery minus the xt connector. Not quite enough room. You also need to solder the proper balance connector on the BMS balance leads. The only down side is the thickness of the battery. It is difficult to get a proper fit of the top part of the case. But the Evo flew just fine with all the battery cells reporting their voltages...so there is a way to keep the Evo in the air if the batteries become obsolete.
Awesome. Gives me something to think about. Thanks for the reply !!

Can you put some photos if you have made them or can you post a drawing of the link?

Can you put some photos if you have made them or can you post a drawing of the link?
I didn't take any photos but I'll see what I can do. I still have one more damaged Evo battery that I plan to do. Making the top mate up properly is the worst part as the Gens Ace battery is a few mm thicker than the original battery. I did use CA glue on the seam but that is a less than optimal method because if the Gens Ace battery fails you might not be able to reuse the case.

There is one more battery listed that isn't quite as thick as the Gens Ace. I will probably try that battery next.

Reactions: Antonello

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials