Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

Airmap versus Skyvector

Delta Blue

Reaction score
Website
lueb-art.pixels.com
I am going to take the 107 test early spring. The studies I have been using recommend Skyvector for aviation/airspace information, which closely reflects the way my studies have been explained and visually demonstrated. Recently, Autel, on its website recommended pilots use the Airmap app. In comparison to Skyvector, I find it somewhat confusing, and prefer Skyvector. Does any other Autel pilot refer to Airmap and if so what is his/her opinion of it?

For the 107 stick with Skyvector. SV is for manned pilots and has the info you will need on the test. Airmap is the company the drone manufacturers signed up with to limit your flight locations (NFZ's). Most drone makers use the service from Airmap to limit their flight locations.

I use AM to view NFZ's but if I want to know what is really going on up there, SV is the one I use.

Reactions: Delta Blue
For the 107 stick with Skyvector. SV is for manned pilots and has the info you will need on the test. Airmap is the company the drone manufacturers signed up with to limit your flight locations (NFZ's). Most drone makers use the service from Airmap to limit their flight locations.

I use AM to view NFZ's but if I want to know what is really going on up there, SV is the one I use.
Excellent explanation, and I did notice the NFZ feature on Airmap which is nice. I am used to Skymap and am glad it is preferred by others as well. Santa just brought me my first XStar and I already have it registered. The next couple months are for training on it and test prep.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonahlange