Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

After delaying Remote ID for drones three times, FAA denies request to extend commenting period

UAS Remote Identification Overview

Good day everyone, how will this affect us all? Specially since current drones do not have remote ID built in the drone?
I just purchased my EVO 2 yesterday and this happens.
Should I return it and wait for the feature to show in the next version or will there be aftermarket solutions we will need to attach to the drones?

Now I am stuck in neither heaven or hell.

Big brother wants to know what's in their sky's for sure.

Please let me know what everyone's thoughts what we are all are doing to meet this new regulation.

the short answer is keep your drone and keep flying as usual. nothing is changing for recreational flyers anytime soon.

If I understand correctly, all drones over 250 grams and under 55 pounds will require remote ID.

Drones under 250 grams operated under 107 will also require remote ID.

Greg from Pilot Institute just posted a detailed video about this.

Yes, it has to do with ALL drones, Rec or 107. There are 400 pages everyone is sifting through at the moment.
Agreed and I think when all is said and done, the final will change from what we know today; that's expected. However, I do need to point out the current thinking is ALL drones EXCEPT drone under 250g flying under recreational hobby rules will NOT be require to comply with remote ID.

For whatever reason there is this focus to go with the Mavic Mini and Mini 2 in order to avoid the dreaded remote ID three years later. Buy it today so you can continue to fly unfettered while other drone are grounded. I don't understand it....

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sky3d