Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

(Add-On) 3D Printed parts and accessories

deakbannok

Reaction score
For the community and those who have a 3D printer at home or at the office.
Here I have been working on a few 3D projects for this drone.
Let me know if you have any idea or thing to add.

- Autel Evo Antenna Mounting Adapter 1.13 Pigtail
Autel Evo Antenna Mounting Adapter 1.13 Pigtail. by deakbannok

- Propeller Guards
Autel EVO Propeller Guards by deakbannok

- Tablet mounting (A quick slide mouting bracket)
Autel EVO Quick Slide Mounting For Tablet by deakbannok

(This is not mine but is nice to have one)
- Stick controller protector

Autel Evo Stick Protector by zapdawg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hysteresis
@mjbok Well it depends on what is the size of the tablet are you plan to mount it on the controller? On the mounting extender of the controller is about (55mm) with an extendable of (28mm). I don't have a tablet so I am not sure what are the average size of the tablet that people are using on their drone controller. I can make an extender for between 28mm (or 1.1 inch).

@norman.hicks.35 dial me the size of it.

For the community and those who have a 3D printer at home or at the office.
Here I have been working on a few 3D projects for this drone.
Let me know if you have any idea or thing to add.

- Propeller Guards
Autel EVO Propeller Guards by deakbannok

(This is not mine but is nice to have one)
- Stick controller protector

Autel Evo Stick Protector by zapdawg

I would like prop guards for mine as well. What is the weight of these versus those from Autel? What kind of plastic should be used? I have never 3D printed.

Reactions: deakbannok
I would like prop guards for mine as well. What is the weight of these versus those from Autel? What kind of plastic should be used? I have never 3D printed.
I use PETG. They are best to print parts with. PETG is durable and flex, low shrinkage (best for accuration parts) food and bio friendly. Best for restance impact. PETG and slightly lighter weight than ABS. So in my theory it slightly lighter weight than the Stock propeller guards. Because there are no moving parts. Lets say is equivalent to a quarter or less.

@norman.hicks.35 dial me the size of it.

I’m still scratching my head trying to figure out where to mount them. One of the more interesting solutions devised for the Mavic makes use of leg extensions for mounting.

Mavic Pro Firehouse Strobe Module Holder by Labieno

Though I’m not quite clear as to why the leg extensions were deemed necessary to start with... but I suppose this design could be adapted to the Evo. Anyone with more experience please feel free to jump in with suggestions. From what I’ve read from the strobe manufacturers, they recommend mounting top and bottom for visibility from the air and the ground. I also seem to recall some verbiage from the FAA about being able to determine orientation of the bird which would seem to indicate red and green port and starboard lighting. Rear legs seem to be favored for mounting as it affects the camera less. Some experimentation may be required to discover an optimal solution.

I have added a tablet bracket to the controller. You need to use adhesive tape or glue the mounting bracket and adjust it to your tablet. Best use on your tablet case.

Attachments

• 20181215_101037.jpg
    20181215_101037.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 66
Installed a new antenna.

Attachments

• 20190103_222659.jpg
    20190103_222659.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 45
  • 20190103_222903.jpg
    20190103_222903.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 42
  • 20190103_230259.jpg
    20190103_230259.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 41
Would love a tablet extender hook until I break down and spend the $90 for the Thor one.

This is good stuff! Keep it coming with the printed accessories. How about a gimbal protector that will easily fit over ND filters? I saw the RC lanyard hook someone made, but I don't like the idea of it being so close to the screen that the lanyard hook contacts the OLED. How about some leg extensions to add a little height so we can launch/land from non perfect terrain without getting the camera dirty/damaged? Since the aftermarket has been slowww in making accessories for the Evo, I'd be in on buying one of everything. I'm sure others feel the same. You might as well strike while the iron is hot my friend!

I don't know who's who in this thread but I bought this piece from an eBay UK vendor and it works great for me and my iPad Mini2. The default top clamp opening of 6mm was too narrow to slide over the iPad edge but the vendor made me another with 8mm opening and it's perfect - allowing for a piece of screen-protective tape on the inside of the clamp jaws. Cheap as chips - and the customised version came at no extra charge.

Reactions: Cyberjunkie
Here's a .stl file to print an extension to hold a Nvidia Shield K1 tablet.
Credit goes to ismart2k for his original design for an Ipad Mini. I just scaled up one axis 150% in order to enlarge the clip over the Shield.

Replace .txt with .sti on the attached file.

Attachments

• Evo_Shield_Holder.txt
    133.9 KB · Views: 18
I don't know who's who in this thread but I bought this piece from an eBay UK vendor and it works great for me and my iPad Mini2. The default top clamp opening of 6mm was too narrow to slide over the iPad edge but the vendor made me another with 8mm opening and it's perfect - allowing for a piece of screen-protective tape on the inside of the clamp jaws. Cheap as chips - and the customised version came at no extra charge.
It worries me that the base of the clip that screws into the remote could crack because of excessive force.

No cracking here (yet) -- and presumably a warranty repair if it did. They couldn't/shouldn't advertise the AE app as iPad-compatible if the EVO were not fit to be used with a tablet. But you could always add a neck sling to support the weight of the tablet.

iPad sling-1.png

Reactions: Cyberjunkie

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials