Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

AB button hack

San2C

Reaction score
I discovered a super easy and effective way to finally disable the irritating AB buttons that almost nobody uses or needs.

Step 1) Clean the buttons and surrounding area with rubbing alcohol, using a Q tip.

Step 2) Let it dry.

Step 3) Take a flat applicator (I used a popsicle stick) and smear a layer of Goop on those puppies.

Step 4) Let it cure overnight.

Step 5) Fly.

Attachments

• 20200411_150120.jpg
    20200411_150120.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 101
It’s good, sticking two essential buttons for programming orbits or mission points. Or two buttons which can then be programmed at Autel's discretion as the software advances.
Well, old man, you'll have more than to buy a remote control.

A simple plug glued to the double face is sufficient and removable as desired.
Caps.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s good, sticking two essential buttons for programming orbits or mission points. Or two buttons which can then be programmed at Autel's discretion as the software advances.
Well, old man, you'll have more than to buy a remote control.

A simple plug glued to the double face is sufficient and removable as desired.
View attachment 6666
Or double stick tape........

They're not "essential" to me, chief. I never use them and sure would have preferred if Autel Robotics could have spent the 27 cents on code to allow disabling of the buttons in the first place. Adding a bunch of claptrap to my controller isn't my style.

I think it may impact your ability to set up Orbit mode, but if you're not using it then your solution is practical and efficient. I might opt for something a little more aesthetically pleasing, but nothing wrong with it!

Except that the guarantee will no longer apply to the radio control.

They told me they are going to be customisable soon in new firmware update, or disable as many people have moaned, prob use for swopping between map and display without touching screen, also a couple other ideas..

Cheers.

Reactions: Dave.mp4
They told me they are going to be customisable soon in new firmware update, or disable as many people have moaned, prob use for swopping between map and display without touching screen, also a couple other ideas..

Cheers.
They told me the same last year...

i wish i could use the AB buttons to assign to certain camera settings while flying instead of going into menu

Reactions: Dave.mp4
Holy crap!
I just got my first Autel drone (Evo 2 Pro) and searched the App hi & low to find out where i can assign a function to the buttons (i would need like 25 Buttons to satisfy my needs but i have to live with 2 :cool: )...

So you are telling me i cant assign functions yet, right?

THANKS, as annoying as that is, it at least saved another hour of staring at the App :p
Ender

Well shucks, I've kinda gotten used to the beeps. Even got to where I can fly and play a little tune on the buttons like jingle bells or some elevator music... ;)

But seriously, isnt there a microphone icon in Explorer to have the mobile record commentary?!
(Or is that for stupid voice commands, <confused>)

Problem is that super model wifes (got 3) only can make selfies :p
Butch's Super Model Wife is smarter than he is and knows how to record him.

But seriously, isnt there a microphone icon in Explorer to have the mobile record commentary?!
(Or is that for stupid voice commands, <confused>)
That is for voice commands and not for commentary.

Reactions: butch and Ender

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aerugo