Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

A slap in the face by Autel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter Goldwing

Reaction score
I have just recently read this on Autel site. I own an Evo 1 and its a shame that they decided not to supply parts or service for it
I fly only 8-10 times a year and it sucks that I paid $1000.00 for a drone that doesn't manufacture spare parts/ batteries.
Good Bye Autel. I will go with the big boys next time

They are as much an American company as I am a Chinese

>

Announcement​

As we continue striving to provide the best for our customers, we must make some difficult but necessary decisions. Today, we are announcing our End of Availability and End of Service timelines for the first generation EVO model.

As of December 31, 2021, the first generation EVO will enter its End of Availability (EOA) phase. This means that the product and its accessories will no longer be made available for purchase to consumers. You may still find the model in stock at some retailers, but all sales by Autel Robotics will be halted.

June of 2022 is the expected time frame for the first generation EVO to enter its End of Service (EOS) phase. Asofthat time frame, we will no longer provide repair services for the model and its accessories. This estimate was calculated by taking inventoryofavailable repair parts needed to perform services to first-generation EVO units, if these parts are exhausted before this original timeline, we will update customers accordingly. Our customer service team will still be able to assist you with technical support services throughout the rest of 2022.

These decisions, though tough, will allow us to better allocate resources towards developing and releasing new and exciting platforms while still providing support to first-generation EVO owners for as long as possible. We appreciate the patience you've shown us as we work towards creating products that truly defy convention.

Last edited:
Reactions: jlanni
Unbelievable.
That is a terrible business strategy.(Mod Removed Language) I'm right with you after reading this.. my drone crashed due to not maintaining its altitude and customer service was so terrible I decided to not even mess with them and fix it myself. They are seriously out of touch with they're customer base if they think this is the best decision to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Drgnfli
The EVO1 was the best drone by far at its price point with an impossibly good 4K camera. So a lot of people bought one. So Autel have pissed a lot of people off, many of whom won't buy one of their products again. That puts Autel on the slippery slope to oblivion.

Also, the EVO1 was $1,000 or less for a quality drone AND a great little remote control which was really convenient if you couldn't be bothered to hook up a phone. The Nano is today's equivalent model which costs more without an RC. No thanks Autel.

The company I once evangelised for in the firm belief that it could become a big player now looks as though it will soon die – and I will be one of the rats deserting the sinking ship. They can no longer be trusted with my money…or anyone's.

I have just recently read this on Autel site. I own an Evo 1 and its a shame that they decided not to supply parts or service for it
I fly only 8-10 times a year and it sucks that I paid $1000.00 for a drone that doesn't manufacture spare parts/ batteries.
Good Bye Autel. I will go with the big boys next time

They are as much an American company as I am a Chinese

>

Announcement​

As we continue striving to provide the best for our customers, we must make some difficult but necessary decisions. Today, we are announcing our End of Availability and End of Service timelines for the first generation EVO model.

As of December 31, 2021, the first generation EVO will enter its End of Availability (EOA) phase. This means that the product and its accessories will no longer be made available for purchase to consumers. You may still find the model in stock at some retailers, but all sales by Autel Robotics will be halted.

June of 2022 is the expected time frame for the first generation EVO to enter its End of Service (EOS) phase. Asofthat time frame, we will no longer provide repair services for the model and its accessories. This estimate was calculated by taking inventoryofavailable repair parts needed to perform services to first-generation EVO units, if these parts are exhausted before this original timeline, we will update customers accordingly. Our customer service team will still be able to assist you with technical support services throughout the rest of 2022.

These decisions, though tough, will allow us to better allocate resources towards developing and releasing new and exciting platforms while still providing support to first-generation EVO owners for as long as possible. We appreciate the patience you've shown us as we work towards creating products that truly defy convention.
That announcement was months ago.
So the service life for the Evo 1 & XSP have been expired by Autel.
A 2 to 5 years service life expiry by manufacturers is common place for consumer electronics worldwide..
For economy of scale reasons, the more units sold by the manufacturer generally equates to a longer service life.
The Evo 1 was released over 3 years ago, the XSP over 6 years ago.
I assume Autel finds it totally uneconomical to continue parts & service for the Evo 1 & XSP mainly due to the very low unit numbers that were sold.
On this point I think you should give this issue a rest.
This is not unusual, this is a common issue with consumer electronics worldwide.
Additionally you can't compare with older DJI models, which had far higher unit sales/volume, and therefore DJI can continue parts support alot longer.

Reactions: Eagle's Eye Photo
As I said you sound like a lawyer for Autel.
Yep you cant compare Autel with DJI and by the way they conduct business it looks like only a fool will buy their product to only be a pile of junk in 3 years. Lucky I learned my mistake at a lower cost. Im going to hear the cries from miles when Evo 2 will be retired in less then 18 months

Would you buy a refrigerator or any other appliance the manufacturer wont service and no parts available after 3 years?

• Haha
I assume Autel finds it totally uneconomical to continue parts & service for the Evo 1 & XSP mainly due to the very low unit numbers that were sold.
For most of 2018/19 it was the only prosumer drone being sold by Autel so they were selling enough of them to sustain the business. Not surprising considering the quality of the camera and the fact that it was the first ever sub $1k 4k/60 drone. Such was its popularity that Autel even sold many in the UK and other territories where they had no distributor or reseller. It was largely responsible for Autel winning a 5% share of the entire market and a significant share of the sub-$2k sector.

Fact is, neither you nor I know the sales numbers but given that virtually all of Autel's customers over a considerable period bought one, I think many thousands were sold and it was a kamikaze move by Autel to abandon it in terms of parts and service only a year or two after most people bought one.

Incidentally, Europe has imposed a service life of 7 years on most domestic appliance manufacturers and they are even moving smartphones into that category: https://www.itpro.co.uk/mobile/mobile-phones/360787/eu-consider-enforcing-seven-year-smartphone-lifespan

As I said you sound like a lawyer for Autel.
Yep you cant compare Autel with DJI and by the way they conduct business it looks like only a fool will buy their product to only be a pile of junk in 3 years. Lucky I learned my mistake at a lower cost. Im going to hear the cries from miles when Evo 2 will be retired in less then 18 months
noted. we'll come back to this thread in july 2023.

noted. we'll come back to this thread in july 2023.
Nope you won’t.
Manufacturer/Distributor/Vendor and Customer Disputes
This community is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about manufacturers, distributors or sales from private parties. Please settle your differences with the seller, manufacturer and distributors through other means but not through our community.

CLOSED.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials