Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

A launch from a non-level surface affect the in-flight gimbal angle

Orv

Reaction score
I have to ask this question. Does launching from a non-level surface affect the in-flight gimbal angle? I am finding that it does so I am wondering if anybody else has had this happen?

I have to ask this question. Does launching from a non-level surface affect the in-flight gimbal angle? I am finding that it does so I am wondering if anybody else has had this happen?
It does. When you turn on your drone in an unleveled surface, the drone calibrates itself to that unleveled surface, so all shots get tilted.

It does. When you turn on your drone in an unleveled surface, the drone calibrates itself to that unleveled surface, so all shots get tilted.
Thanks Ansia for replying and sharing your knowledge with me. I was also wondering if this issue could have been a small part of the original camera tilt before the latest firmware upgrade. It had me confused as I do have the latest firmware and on occasion was still having a tilted video. I flew today; once taking off from my deck (nice level horizon) and then from the grass that was not level and it gave me a tilted horizon. Nice to have my suspicions verified. One other thing..if in the air I adjust the tilt manually will it reset again before next flight?

Reactions: Ansia
Thanks Ansia for replying and sharing your knowledge with me. I was also wondering if this issue could have been a small part of the original camera tilt before the latest firmware upgrade. It had me confused as I do have the latest firmware and on occasion was still having a tilted video. I flew today; once taking off from my deck (nice level horizon) and then from the grass that was not level and it gave me a tilted horizon. Nice to have my suspicions verified. One other thing..if in the air I adjust the tilt manually will it reset again before next flight?
I think so. Can't remember right now.

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elio-Italy