Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

A glimmer of hope for the Angry Bird

Old Bama Dude

Reaction score
OK, I went back, for the 3rd time to the spot where I lost my drone in the tree, taking my wife and some binoculars and I finally spotted it. I called my bucket truck guy and he's going to get with me in the morning. One thing that makes me a little nervous about it, is that it's not on my property, but in an old small cemetary on the river with a narrow dirt road leading to it, not even sure he can even get to it, and it's been up there almost a week, so who knows what condition it will be in even if he can get it down. Now I have to go down the road to a store and get back my lost drone sign.

Somebody with a heavy-lift drone, some cable, and a hook could snag it for you! :) Or maybe you'd just have to rescue 2 drones after that. :D

Reactions: AZ Autel
I will tell you, you can throw these things at least 90+ feet in the air. You can swing it and throw it up there.

You can also shoot it from a potato gun even further. You just have to get creative.

I have whipped these things over 85+ foot poplers and oaks. They don't get stuck in the trees. You just need at least 200 feet. Throw it over the branch grab both sides of the ropes and rake it off. It usually takes a bunch of throws to get where you need it. It's a good arm workout. Have a friend to help catch it but typically it will tumble down the tree.
I call it my DRD...drone retrieval device.
And it's always a good laugh trying to get it out.
I've even climbed one tree threw it through the other to make it easier.

I'm glad you have at least found it! There's always a way to retrieve them. Got any expendable, climbing grandkids? Kidding, of course! Hmmm! Well, maybe!

OK, I went back, for the 3rd time to the spot where I lost my drone in the tree, taking my wife and some binoculars and I finally spotted it. I called my bucket truck guy and he's going to get with me in the morning. One thing that makes me a little nervous about it, is that it's not on my property, but in an old small cemetary on the river with a narrow dirt road leading to it, not even sure he can even get to it, and it's been up there almost a week, so who knows what condition it will be in even if he can get it down. Now I have to go down the road to a store and get back my lost drone sign.
Fantastic..... one thing for sure, it will be clean..... rained on clean. Like mine. I removed the camera and lightly sprayed contacts with WD-40, then noticed slight condensation inside the lens screw on cover. Put the entire camera unit in a casserole dish and lots of rice. Clear glass lid..... in the sun.
The drone is in a garbage bag full of rice. Wrapped and out in the sun. And the battery ....... same thing. Rice and out in the NW Fla sunshine.

I don't think there's any way I could throw it that high. I just hope the bucket can reach it.
How high is your little bird?
Your son can fly his DJI up to its level and get the height.....
OR.... you can go on the telemetry page saved on your tablet or cell in the Starlink app

IMG_5578.JPG
How high is your little bird?
Your son can fly his DJI up to its level and get the height.....
OR.... you can go on the telemetry page saved on your tablet or cell in the Starlink app
Up at the top shows I was at around 33 ft.

Glad you found it, I guess third time is a charm. Let us know how you managed and good luck from Spokane Washington

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redwingaerials