Welcome, Autel Pilots!
Join our free Autel drone community today!
Join Us

A glimmer of hope for the Angry Bird

If mine was only 26 feet, I could reach it with a ladder, and maybe a long stick. I'm sure it was at 26 feet at some point in the flight, but not now. I'm trying to contact a tree climber guy I found out about yesterday. I would definitely prefer a climber over a bucket because of where it's located. I'll be surprised it it still works after being up there a week, and from what I understand, more bad weather on the way.

The Quad itself should be just fine. You would be surprised and how little water can get in from rain storms. The camera might be a different problem. Sensors and lenses don't like moisture.
Like it has been mentioned before when you get it back and I do hope you do get yourself a big bag of rice and bury it in there for a few days to a week before trying to fire it up. The battery would have been discharged to about 3 volts. They have a built in circuit that cuts them off at 3 volts and will not discharge any farther. If it will not start to charge hold the power button in for 12-15 seconds and that resets the battery and it should start to charge.
Plain water is not as bad a salt water. If it was sitting in salt water I would say there would not be much hope.

The Quad itself should be just fine. You would be surprised and how little water can get in from rain storms. The camera might be a different problem. Sensors and lenses don't like moisture.
Like it has been mentioned before when you get it back and I do hope you do get yourself a big bag of rice and bury it in there for a few days to a week before trying to fire it up. The battery would have been discharged to about 3 volts. They have a built in circuit that cuts them off at 3 volts and will not discharge any farther. If it will not start to charge hold the power button in for 12-15 seconds and that resets the battery and it should start to charge.
Plain water is not as bad a salt water. If it was sitting in salt water I would say there would not be much hope.
Yep, salt water is bad news.

OK, got a tree climber coming this evening who knows my son from a Church he previously attended. He told me he was thinking about getting a drone to which I replied, "You're in the perfect business to own one". No worries about it getting stuck in a tree. So now I know I've got a bucket guy and a tree climber in my Church. Hallelujah!:D

We are all keen to hear end result ? Please keep us posted.

Regards,

Cider Boy.

Really hope that you and mine are OK....... the Gator is still in the "recovery mode" after heavily rained on for 90 mins.....
Wed morning will be a week in rice.

Waiting on my tree climber right now.
Just saw the excellent pics about the AB......
Glad no physical damage....... hopefully now just some drying out.
Be sure a screw off the Lens filter
Canned air and put it in rice. Good luck...... RTR

Last edited:
Glad you got it back Bama. I never was a fan of prop guards from when I used to fly smaller quads around the yard. I find the guards make good hangers for the quads to attach themselves in the pine trees around here.
Keep us up to date on the outcome. You might want to slide the camera off and clean the contacts before use.

Got everything off, sitting in a Bag-O-Rice. The battery appears to be totally dead, couldn't get it to do anything. I've got it in the rice also, even though, amazingly everything appeared to be completely dry. Glad it's down, big time rain headed our way.

Ya I saw the radar screen you posted. Its been raining 90% of the time up here in Ontario. Glad I am retired I can pick when I want to fly. Starting to feel like I am living in a rain forest. Sever heat out west like they have not seen ever before. Some pretty scary **** this extreme weather is. The great lakes are at the highest they have every been and they are pulling ships up the Saint Lawrence River with tugs because the current is so strong the ships cannot make it up in some spots.

Glad you got it back Bama. I never was a fan of prop guards from when I used to fly smaller quads around the yard. I find the guards make good hangers for the quads to attach themselves in the pine trees around here.
Keep us up to date on the outcome. You might want to slide the camera off and clean the contacts before use.
OBTW....... I'm gonna try flying my bird with the camera removed at first. If this storm front Ever leaves

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hakles